View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 03:14 PM   #1
IAlsoLoveRaymond
Forum Regular

Default Cold Case 8-16: Speed Trap

COLD CASE:

SPEED TRAP

When skeletal remains wash up along the shores of a local river the cold case unit is thrown into the secretive world of Philadelphia’s 1988 underground street racing scene.

PREVIOUSLY ON COLD CASE:

“It’s happened twice now; I don’t think we can ignore this anymore,” Scotty added. “We’ve both dated cops before; it doesn’t usually end well. Added to that is the fact that you’re technically still seeing someone. How is Ryan anyway?”

Lilly sighed. “I don’t know.”

“You mean he doesn’t know,” Scotty responded.

“No, I mean I don’t know, because I can’t get in touch with him. Every contact I have for him keeps sending me to voice mail,” Lilly explained.

“Well, when you do finally reach him, what are you going to say? Are you going to break up with him? Are you going to tell him about us?” Scotty asked.

Lilly began to sweat. “I don’t know!”

“Well, you need to figure out what you want, Lilly! You keep coming to my place! You’ve obviously thought about us before! I’m just curious as to why you’ve chosen to act on it now?” asked Scotty.

“You haven’t exactly turned me away! Have you thought about us before?” asked Lilly.

Stillman approached Scotty’s desk. “Scotty, can I see you in my office for two minutes?”

Scotty stood up slowly and followed John through the glass door of his office. “I’m supposed to meet Lilly in observation soon, boss. What’s going on?”

“Something has been eating at me lately, and I think you are the only one I can trust with it. You may have noticed that my punctuality has been somewhat suspect lately,” Stillman explained.

“It’s been discussed,” said Scotty timidly.

“Well, there is a reason for it. Do you remember Carla Guest?” asked Stillman.

“The sister from the Brandon Lake case,” Scotty added.

“We stayed in touch afterwards, and I found out that she was a widow. Long story short, she sold her house in Chicago and moved here. Among other things, I’ve been helping her move these past few weeks,” Stillman explained.

“That’s your big secret, you met someone?” asked Scotty.

“She’s not just some stranger, Scotty. Technically, she was a witness; she gave us evidence that lead to a conviction. It’s a bit of an ethical gray area; I’d hate for anything to get misconstrued,” Stillman responded.

“Maybe if it was still an open case, but the dust settled on that case months ago. I think you are worrying over nothing,” insisted Scotty.

“Be that as it may, I would appreciate it if you kept this between us for now,” Stillman suggested.

“Have it your way,” said Scotty as he turned to leave the office.

Stillman called him back. “I just shared a secret with you, Scotty. Feel free to do the same with me any time.”

“If I have any worth sharing, you’ll be the first to know,” said Scotty as he left.

Last edited by IAlsoLoveRaymond; 04-21-2016 at 05:10 PM.
IAlsoLoveRaymond is offline   Reply With Quote