View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 10:08 AM   #216
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jul 16, 2006
Posts: 578
A boy who vanished in 2007 aged five has turned up again after reportedly shooting the ‘abusive’ dad who abducted him dead. Anthony Templet, who is now 17, disappeared without trace with his dad Burt from their home in Houston, Texas 12 years ago. Cops in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, finally tracked them down after Anthony shot Burt dead earlier this month. The teen has been now charged with his dad’s manslaughter – but his sister Natasha, who has not seen Anthony since he vanished – insists he acted in self-defense.

He has been secluded and abused all these years by his own father. ‘My brave brother had to defend himself for the last time against that evil man.’

Anthony himself told police that he’d shot Burt after the older man got drunk and started to fight him. He grabbed two handguns, in case one failed to fire, then shot him three times, before dialing 911. Burt Templet died from his injuries days later. The alleged abusive dad was charged with assault three times between 2001 and 2002, with two of those cases dismissed by a judge. His wife filed for a protective order shortly before he vanished in his red Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck, taking Anthony with him


A woman whose unborn baby was killed in a 2018 Pleasant Grove shooting has now been indicted in the death.

Marshae Jones, a 27-year-old Birmingham woman, was indicted by a Jefferson County grand jury on a manslaughter charge. She was taken into custody on Wednesday.

Though Jones didn’t fire the shots that killed her unborn baby girl, authorities say she initiated the dispute that led to the gunfire. Police initially charged 23-year-old Ebony Jemison with manslaughter, but the charge against Jemison was dismissed after the grand jury failed to indict her.
The shooting happened about noon on Dec. 4, 2018, outside Dollar General on Park Road. Officers were dispatched to the scene on a report of someone shot but arrived to find the shooting victim – later identified as Jones - had been picked up and driven to Fairfield. Police and paramedics then found the Jones at a Fairfield convenience store.

Jones was taken from Fairfield to UAB Hospital. She was five months pregnant and was shot in the stomach. The unborn baby did not survive the shooting.

“The investigation showed that the only true victim in this was the unborn baby,’’ Pleasant Grove police Lt. Danny Reid said at the time of the shooting. “It was the mother of the child who initiated and continued the fight which resulted in the death of her own unborn baby.”
Reid said the fight stemmed over the unborn baby’s father. The investigation showed, he said, that it was Jones who initiated and pressed the fight, which ultimately caused Jemison to defend herself and unfortunately caused the death of the baby.

"Let’s not lose sight that the unborn baby is the victim here,’’ Reid said. “She had no choice in being brought unnecessarily into a fight where she was relying on her mother for protection."

The 5-month fetus was "dependent on its mother to try to keep it from harm, and she shouldn’t seek out unnecessary physical altercations,” Reid added.

Jones will be transferred to the Jefferson County Jail where she will be held on $50,000 bond.
Arnold_OldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote