View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 01:07 AM   #148
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Megan Mullally recently gave an interview with TV Squad where she talks about the "Will & Grace" spin-off that never happened, "Karen & Jack":

Karen really was the breakout character of the show; was there ever any talk of doing a Karen spin-off?

There was, actually. There was a Karen spin-off that was supposed to happen, and then NBC launched "Joey". And then they started to think maybe that wasn't such a great idea, after all, and they decided that they wanted me to do that talk show.

So that's how it all played out, and it's fine that it worked out the way it did. I think that they might have approached Sean [Hayes], but I don't think Sean wanted to do it. I don't know for sure, but I do know that there was definitely a Karen thing, and it was all kind of mapped out.

It was going to be sort of like an 'Upstairs, Downstairs' show, with Karen and all of her servants. And I had pitched it to Martin Short and Alec Baldwin -- and this is pre-Alec Baldwin even being on "Will & Grace", much less "30 Rock".

And they were both interested. Martin Short was going to play the butler, who was secretly in love with [Karen], but she didn't really know, and then Alec Baldwin was going to be my jet-set playboy love interest.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/04/22/me...nd-recreation/
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote