View Single Post
Old 11-30-2003, 03:48 PM   #6
Steve M.
Holding the compass
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally posted by Riff
Well, yeah, Robert Iger was looking for something to snuff to make room for "America's Funniest Home Videos."

Which was about the only smart move he ever made. . . .
Well, he's been smarter in his personal life - I mean, he did marry Willow Bay, didn't he? (Is it just me, or does her name sound like a Miami resort?)

Anyway, I remember "Free Spirit," and brilliant TV it was not, but it wasn't as bad as some of the critics thought - some of them overreacted to the idea of "Bewitched" being resurrected from the grave and redone for a new audience. So it got dumped for "America's Funniest Home Videos" instead, and Bob Saget's career became unstoppable as a result. Gee, that's an improvement!

"Free Spirit" was struggling against "Dallas?" That series was already in its twilight years by 1989. And, it had long since jumped el tiburon ("the shark" in Spanish, for those who don't know). You'd think going against it then would be a cakewalk. Yeah, it's pretty hard not to feel sorry for Corrine Bohrer these days, isn't it?

Miscellaneous Musings

Pictures of Beautiful Women

Top model Pat Cleveland has colon cancer and needs help to pay for treatment. Go to her GoFundMe page here: https://www.gofundme.com/pat-cleveland-fund
Steve M. is offline   Reply With Quote