View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 08:08 PM   #1
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Default Hilary Duff is on board for a Lizzie McGuire sequel series for Disney+

https://deadline.com/2019/08/lizzie-...el-1202702120/

Duff is set to reprise her Disney Channel role in a reimagined version of the sitcom, revolving around Lizzie McGuire as a 30-year-old millennial navigating life in New York City. Creator Terry Minsky will return for the revival that, like the original, will feature an animated version of a young Lizzie offering commentary on what the 30-year-old Lizzie is really thinking. Duff is currently a series regular on TV Land's Younger, but Deadline reports that the cable network and Viacom have granted her a waiver to do both shows simultaneously. Lizzie McGuire, which starred Duff as a 13-year-old girl who dreamed of being popular in school, aired for two seasons on Disney Channel from 2001 to 2004. A film based on the series was released in theaters in 2003. UPDATE: Hilary Duff said at Disney's D23 Expo that the Lizzie in the sequel series has "grown up, she’s older, she’s wiser, she has a much bigger shoe budget...She has her dream job, the perfect life right now working as an apprentice to a fancy New York City decorator." Duff added that as Lizzie prepares to turn 30, she has “the perfect man, who owns a fancy restaurant.”

Hilary Duff is "a little intimidated," but thinks "it’s just the right time" to step back into the Lizzie McGuire role

Duff says she's working “really closely” with creator Terri Minsky on the Disney+ sequel series. “Now Lizzie is turning 30,” she tells EW. “She was everybody’s best friend. She was there for such pivotal moments in their preteen life. Entering your 30s is a really big deal. I think – and I think Disney agrees – but I think it’s just the right time for her to step back in and to have her go along with you in your 30s. All of the fun times and all of the big monumental moments that you’re faced with, I just thought that was such opportunity there for her to be grown up and for her to be there for women again.” Duff adds: "I’m not going to lie, I’m a little intimidated. I’m like, ‘Where is she in there?’ She is in there, she is me. When I was 13 shooting the show it was such a big part of me. I really just brought to the table myself and so I just have to tap into that and be really authentic. Our lives are very different. She’s not a mother, I’m already a mother, but I think that’s what’s exciting, to step into someone’s world that looks a little different than yours.”

Last edited by TMC; 08-24-2019 at 07:59 PM.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote