View Single Post
Old 10-11-2002, 11:06 PM   #108
¤I Love Clay Aiken¤
MISS APRIL
Forum Legend

Location: Parsonsfield ME Shaws - Screwing my way up the employment ladder!
Send a message via AIM to ¤I Love Clay Aiken¤ Send a message via Yahoo to ¤I Love Clay Aiken¤

Quote:
Originally posted by David77
I don't ever remember the actors coming up with story ideas while I was there. I know it has happened. If they did, it came through the director and they didn't get credit. Most everyone is under contract and usually scripts are limited. I know as writers we had to come up with different story lines for each character involving one episode. Like a Joanie smoking show or a Fearless Malph etc. Every actor got at least one episode that they were featured in. Sometimes an actor would come up with a line or a joke. Ron Howard was really good at that. It was then added into the script. Other times they switched lines. It all had to be approved by the producers first. I remember Donny Most wanting the writers to do an episode where he was serious and not funny.
Most of the time if there were any ideas or changes it would have to go from the actor to the director to the producer to the writers.
OMG thats so cool! Ahhh Ron Howard made jokes...lol. Yeah...now that you mention it, each season they had an episode featured on one character. Except Chuck..poor guy... unless you count the episode where Richie moves in with him. If I think of anything else, Ill ask you. I wish you had written throughout the whole series because Id have a lot more questions!!! lol

Anyways..thanks for answering!!!!