View Full Version : Sleeping on the couch??

catlover79
05-01-2007, 12:13 PM
How many TV husbands were forced to spend the night on the couch after an argument with their wives?

On Bewitched, I remember three times that happened to Darrin (DY). Of course, Sam zapped him right from their bed to the downstairs couch. :lol: One of those occasions, Darrin's dad had also been forced to sleep on HIS couch after an argument with Mrs. Stephens.

I remember Tim (Home Improvement) was also banished from the bedroom and forced to crash on the couch, and I'm pretty sure Bob Hartley (Bob Newhart Show) was too.

Any other examples??

AB
05-01-2007, 01:51 PM
On an episode of All In The Family, either Mike or Gloria slept on the couch when they had a disagreement. I can't remember which one it was for sure.

treky
05-01-2007, 02:47 PM
on GREEN ACRES once, Oliver was forced to sleep on the couch. But not because of an argument...it was because his mother-in-law was visiting.

Dusty's Fan
05-02-2007, 10:29 AM
I think there was an episode of Petticoat Junction in which Betty Jo (Linda Kaye Henning) kicks husband Steve Elliot (Mike Minor) out of their bedroom and he winds up on the couch.

TripperFan
05-02-2007, 11:08 AM
I think there was an episode of Petticoat Junction in which Betty Jo (Linda Kaye Henning) kicks husband Steve Elliot (Mike Minor) out of their bedroom and he winds up on the couch.
Or was that the ep where Kathy Jo was supposed to be allergic to Steve and they kicked him right out of the house - he had to stay at the Shady Rest for a couple of days.

Dusty's Fan
05-02-2007, 12:13 PM
Maybe that's the one I had in mind... Although hadn't they moved from their cottage to go live at the Shady Rest by that time (Season 7)?

But I do remember Betty Jo being pretty angry with Steve in a different episode, I just can't recall if she banished him to the couch.

Scoobiedoo30
05-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Joey from Full House took a nap on The Couch

MikeL
05-02-2007, 01:25 PM
George jefferson n tom willis slept on the couch as wellwonder if mr c from happy days ever had sleep on the couch lol

Madame X
05-02-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm pretty sure Dan Conner ended up on the couch at least once, also Ray Barone.

Poor Ralph Kramden would have slept there many times, but they didn't even have a couch!

Brian Damage
05-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Poor Ralph Kramden would have slept there many times, but they didn't even have a couch!

He actually slept on two hard wood chairs once. LOL

USATVFAN
05-02-2007, 05:39 PM
husbend that were foreced to sleep on the couch after arguemnts with there wives.
George Jefferson-The Jeffersons(Sometimes Louise would tell him to go to a hotel becuse she did not want him to stay in the apartment at all)
Tom Willis-The Jeffersons
Phiilip Bank-The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air
Tim Taylor-Home Imoprovement
Ray Barone-Everybody loves raymond
Carl Winslow-Family Matters

Madame X
05-02-2007, 08:30 PM
He actually slept on two hard wood chairs once. LOL

I remember that now. It was hilarious! Well, pretty much anything Jackie did was hilarious!

comedyfreak
05-03-2007, 02:59 AM
Edith Bunker slept on the couch once on All In The Family.

Scoobiedoo30
05-03-2007, 11:50 AM
I think that is when Archie and Eith got into a fight