Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Theme Song Lyrics: Requests and Archive
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Comic Veteran Joins TBS Comedy People of Earth; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of May 1, 2017)
ABC 2017 Season Finale Dates; Amazon's Comedy The Tick Coming in August
The Detour Gets 3rd Season on TBS; I Love Lucy Back on CBS in May
Celebs Line Up for Season 2 of Pyramid; NBC Pulls Powerless
Remembering Erin Moran of Happy Days; NBC Mid-Season Pilot Review: Great News - Premieres Tuesday (April 25)
Week 31 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: A Look at Possible New Series for the Fall; The Wayans Bros. Continues on DVD After 12 Year Hiatus
TV Land Picks Up New Seasons of Comedies; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 24, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)

The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season Father Knows Best - Season Five

03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-14-2001, 08:14 PM   #1
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TJ
Post It's About Time (posted)

"It's About Time" by Gerald Fried and Sherwood Schwartz

It's about time,
It's about space,
About strange people in the strangest place.
It's about time,
It's about flight,
Travelin' faster than the speed of light.

About space people and a brave crew,
As through the barrier of time they flew.
Pass the Roman Senators,
Pass an armored knight,
Pass the firing Minutemen,
To this modern site.

It's about time for you and me
To meet these people of amazing feats.
It's about two astronauts and how they educate
A pre-historic woman and her pre-historic mate.

It's about time
It's about space
About strange people in the strangest place
They will be here
With all of us
Dodging a taxi, a car, a bus.

Where will they go
What will they do
In this strange place where everything is new.
Will they manage to survive
Watch each week and see.
Will they get accustomed to the Twentieth Century.

It's about time
For our good byes
To all our pre-historic gals and guys.

And now,
It's About Time
It's About Time
It's About Time
It's About Time!
Old 08-01-2001, 02:38 AM   #2
hiram
Occasional Poster

Groovy, TJ! I thought I was the only one left alive who remembers this theme! And I'd forgotten they changed the lyrics when they reformatted the show and brought the trogs "to this modern site".

I only remember the original theme which had them going the opposite way:

Past a fighting minuteman,
Past an armored knight,
Past a Roman warrior,
To this ancient site!

(I can still picture the opening animation--I'm sure it was a warrior and not a senator, and that it was singular of everyone.) But that's quibbling--thanks for the trip down memory lane!
Old 12-16-2006, 02:37 AM   #3
EmpressDR
Forum Regular

Cool It's About Time

Yeah, by now you've probably already seen the post by that fellow who got all the lyrics, from the first section and the second. At least, I think it was on this site! I was looking it up, after having copied the second half of the sole season lyrics from a CD on Theme songs.

But what I recall is that yes, it WAS originally "Roman warrior" but the cartoon character portraying the Roman wasn't dressed like a warrior --he had a toga, and that got criticism, so they altered the lyrics instead of the cartoon.
Also the Minuteman --fighting or firing? Because it sounds like firing, yet in the cartoon, he's not shooting a gun, he's just watching the capsule zoom by overhead.

I got this from a poster on the imdb site, because I couldn't find the other one:

It's about time, it's about space, About two men in the strangest place. It's about time, it's about flight - Traveling faster than the speed of light. This is the tale of the brave crew As through the barrier of time they flew. Past a fighting minuteman, Past an armored knight, Past a Roman warrior, To this ancient site. It's about caves, cavemen too, About a time when the earth was new. Wait'll they see what is in sight! Is it good luck or is it good night? It's about two astronauts, it's about their fate, It's about a woman and her prehistoric mate.

It's about time, it's about space, About two men in the strangest place. They will be here right on this spot No matter if they like it or not. How will they live in this primitive state? Will help ever come before it is too late? Will they ever get away? Watch each week and see! Will they be returning to the 20th Century? It's about time for our goodbyes To all these prehistoric gals and guys. IT'S ABOUT TIME!

When the show's concept changed mid-season and the cave people moved to 20th century New York, the theme song changed as well:

It's about time, it's about space, About cave-people in the strangest place. It's about time, it's about flight- Traveling faster than the speed of light. About cave-people and the brave crew As through the barrier of time they flew. Past a Roman warrior, past an armored knight, Past a fighting minuteman to this modern site. It's about time for you and me To meet these people from 1,000,000 BC. It's about two astronauts and how they educate A prehistoric woman and her prehistoric mate.

It's about time, it's about space, About cave-people in the strangest place.

They will be here with all of us, dodging a taxi, car or bus. Where will they go? What will they do In this strange place where everything is new? Will they manage to survive? Watch each week and see. Will they get accustomed to the 20th Century? It's about time for our goodbyes To all these prehistoric gals and guys. IT'S ABOUT TIME!

And on the CD, it DOES say strange people in the strangest place instead of cave people --I think because there was some grip about cave people being an incorrect term or some drivel
And yes, it says "meet these people of amazing feats" because I think they changed it from one million BC, due to that only being a guess of when cave people existed? Or maybe because the studio that made Raquel Welch's film thought it was copyright infringement? That the audience would think Raquel was in it, or the other cast? :lol