Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

American Dreams Online / American Dreams Photo Gallery

American Dreams - Season One (Extended Music Edition)

Buy American Dreams - Season One (Extended Music Edition) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Classic Dramas/Dramedies > American Dreams
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Hulu Picks Up Comedy from Jason Reitman; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of November 3, 2014)
Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Day Marathon, Plus More Classics; MeTV Pays Tribute to Marcia Strassman Tonight
CBS Fall Pilot Review: The McCarthys - Premieres Thursday, Oct. 30; TBS Orders Comedy Pilot from Daily Show Producers
TV Land's Frightfully Funny Roseanne Halloween Marathon; CBS Picks Up Full Seasons of All New Dramas
ABC Cancels Manhattan Love Story; Remembering Marcia Strassman of Welcome Back, Kotter
Week 5 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: First Cancellation of the New Season; CSI Season Cut Short; New Mill Creek DVDs

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series Sgt. Bilko - The Phil Silvers Show - The Complete Series Family Ties - The Complete Series Happy Days - The Sixth Season The Jeffersons - The Complete Series Mork & Mindy - The Complete Series

10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonder Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-27-2005, 05:00 PM   #1
New AD fan
Frequent Poster

Default The alternate ending MAY air this summer or fall

From TV Guide's Ask Ausiello:

Question: Have you heard if NBC will show the end of American Dreams that Jonathan Prince mentioned had been filmed in case the series was canceled (Ask Ausiello 3/23)? Jonathan

Ausiello: Prince tells me that the 10-minute epilogue was "shot and is ready to be aired if NBC will let us do a special this summer or fall." Well, you don't have to tell Gail O'Grady twice. "Let's hope it happens," she told me last week at ABC's upfront, where she was promoting her new comedy Hot Properties. "If Jonathan Prince is the show-runner that I've known him to be, he will not let go of this until there is closure." (No pressure though, Jon.)

http://www.tvguide.com/news/askausiello/
Old 05-27-2005, 05:33 PM   #2
tvfan0101
Forum Regular

I read that the other day. I cannot decide if I would prefer having it air sometime in the next year or having it released as part of the Season Three DVD set. I doubt NBC would ever schedule a rebroadcast of the final episode, with the alternate epilogue, in a good timeslot. It would be placed in an awful timeslot and would probably be a bit sad.

Regardless, I want to see it. Badly.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:52 PM   #3
dreamsdreamer
Occasional Poster

Default the alternate ending may air this summer or fall

i prob would not watch it. i like to dream
about it coming back someday.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:10 PM   #4
nate_mcdermott
Occasional Poster

as cool as this sounds it doesn't seem very likely that NBC will air it, then again this summer should suck for them so who knows. I was wondering how they would promote it (if they did at all). "see the alternate ending of the show we canceled"
Old 05-27-2005, 06:57 PM   #5
tvfan0101
Forum Regular

"This Sunday, join the Pryors for One. Last. Dream. American Dreams. Sunday at 8:00PM."

It would get me to watch, I think.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:29 PM   #6
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

I would love it if they would give us AD fans some closure!
Old 05-27-2005, 11:17 PM   #7
AD FAN
Forum Regular
American Dreams

I would love it too. But I highly doubt NBC will do it. They could care less about what happens to Meg and the rest of the Pryors. And, they don't give a hoot about the fans.
Old 05-28-2005, 04:11 AM   #8
Trish Marie
Frequent Poster
Lover of Jack Pryor

Ten lousy minutes to sum up a show that has more character then just about any show I have seen for years and years and years?

I cannot help but feel that it would be totally disappointing.

....and Jack Pryor Senior went on to become the Chief Executive Officer of the stores that we all came to know and love as White Front. The End.

That's it?

Boo.
Old 05-28-2005, 04:16 AM   #9
Trish Marie
Frequent Poster
Lover of Jack Pryor

I don't want to see it.

A ten minute blow off for all of the most devoted fans of a televison show ever.

Old 05-29-2005, 04:30 PM   #10
Sarah The Trivia Hound
Frequent Poster

Default REALLY COOL IDEA

You know how sometimes, at the end of movies based on actual events, they tell you what happened to the characters, like in "Friday Night Lights" or "Coach Carter", they tell what colleges the players went to and what they're doing now. What would be really cool, is if at the end of the episode, they put some title cards on, that said what happened to the characters. Something like, "Patty Pyror, sucessful lawyer, mother of two", "Angela Walker, nurse, unmaried". Just so we can find out what happened.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:03 PM   #11
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

That's a good idea, Sarah!
Old 05-30-2005, 01:43 AM   #12
trackgales
Occasional Poster

i still think that nbc made a huge mistake...the more i think about this the more angry i get...they are just idiots...seriously they are going to have a terrible year ahead of them because there are no really good shows that anyone has to look foward to. they are trying to compete with cbs and abc,instead they should just keep the shows that the fans are loyal to instead of cancelling them, losing fans and viewers and adding terrible shows. i bet their ratings this year will be the worst that they have ever experienced.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:36 AM   #13
Maine AD Fan
Frequent Poster

Music Alternate Ending / need those DVD's

Yes, I'd very much like to see that alternate ending too, though I certainly hope it's more upbeat than the dismal ending we were left with (Meg blowing off her family and best friends - what a disappointment after three great seasons)! One of the amazing things about AD is how the characters did, and still do, really matter to us. I've never felt this bad about a show being cancelled.

Somebody suggested a "where are they now?" twist at the end. Sounds like a good idea. If they don't put it on TV this year, then at least add it to the Season 3 DVD. And I REALLY hope those DVD's are produced!!!
Old 05-30-2005, 02:08 PM   #14
rusyd
Forum Veteran

I'm confused they are going to show us a 10 minute wind up to the show? If they can't give us at least one more hour I don't want to bother. Excuse me if I am confused on the 10 minute thing. I just brieflly went through this thread.
Old 05-30-2005, 03:10 PM   #15
Trish Marie
Frequent Poster
Lover of Jack Pryor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusyd
I'm confused they are going to show us a 10 minute wind up to the show? If they can't give us at least one more hour I don't want to bother. Excuse me if I am confused on the 10 minute thing. I just brieflly went through this thread.

You read right: Ten Minutes.

I refuse to watch any new shows this year. Why get involved. They just yank em. It is not worth it.

Trish's new mantra:

Do not get emotionally involved. Do not get emotionally involved. Do not get emotionally involved. Do not get emotionally involved. Do not get emotionally involved. Do not get emotionally involved.

Maybe I will switch over to watching "reality" shows. Who can get too upset over the cancelling of a gopher liver going down some girls throat. Who can get too hooked on seeing some guy dining on horse entrails and lizards. I don't think I will mind too much when these shows go off the air (in ten years).

That's the ticket! Totally lower my STANDARDS! Accept people treating others in a totally inhumane way for MONEY and fifteen minutes of FAME!

BINGO! Happy Trish once again.

Ten minutes.

Trish