Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-03-2004, 10:03 PM   #1
Megoville
Occasional Poster

Default Brand new Happy Days Action Figures, Mego style

Hello,

Let me introduce myself. My name is Paul and I am a big fan of Classic TV Shows and Mego Action Figures. I have all of the original Happy Days Mego action figures from the 1970's, along with several other Mego lines, including Chips, Starsky & Hutch, Planet of The Apes, Star Trek, World's Greatest Superheroes, Little Rascals, Wizard of Oz, and even The Waltons.

Needless to say, I am a very big fan of Mego action figures since they did so many lines from the TV Shows I grew up with.

I recently got very excited about the news that Classic TV Toys was coming out with new action figures based on the original 8 inch format figures that Mego made in the 1970's. For those of you who don't know the history of Mego, they went out of business in the early 80's, and collecting these figures, and even customizing them, has become a fairly big hobby for a lot of people. One of the first two lines they are producing is Happy Days, along with a re-issue of The Mad Monsters.

Here's where some of you are going to say, "Oh boy, someone wants to sell us something". I recently became a dealer for Classic TV Toys. It was done out of a love for the Mego format and to help friends on another board, www.megomuseum.com, obtain these figures at a reasonable price. I naturally sought out other groups that might have an interest in these, and this forum was a natural place. I have been reading posts for a couple of days, and you all seem like a great bunch of people with a common interest in Happy Days and classic tv.

Here's the pitch. I am selling complete sets of these on my Megoville.com website for $60. This includes Free Shipping via DHL. This is the retail price for these figures, but they will not be available in big box stores like Wal-mart, Toys R Us, etc. If you see complete sets cheaper, let me know and I will try to beat the price. I am not a professional reseller, but a guy trying to share a hobby with friends.

Complete sets include Fonzie, Richie, Potsie and Ralph. For a bigger picture, you can click here. This is only Series 1 of this line, which reproduces Mego's original line. Interestingly, the clothes and bodies are faithful reproductions of the original Mego's, but the rotocast head sculpts are different. The licensor rejected the original head sculpts! Funny that the most popular action figure line Happy Days ever had is not good enough for them now, but the new sculpts are great.

Series 2 is supposed to be out in 2005 with Mr. C, Mrs C, Joanie, Chachi and Al.

Series 3 takes advantage of the unique Fonzie body with thumbs up action that they had to reproduce for the Series 1 Fonzie. Variations planned include Fonzie in Mechanics outift, Fonzie in Falcons Jacket, Fearless Fonzarelli (in white motorcycle outfit and helmet), and with a unique sense of humor, Fonzie jumps the Shark outfit (with blue bathing suit, white shirt, leather jacket, black water skis and yellow flotation device).

I truly hope the sales of the first series justifies production of these future lines, because more Megos and more Happy Days makes me a happy man.

If you are suspicious of my motivations, but have any interest in these figures at all. please buy them from someone else, but buying them is important for seeing not only Happy Days figures, but futute Classic TV show figures. I will include links to other online retailers as a show of good faith.

Other Future TV lines include The Munsters and Space 1999 due out in October, and The Brady Bunch in November. The manufacturer is actively pursuing other great licenses, and I truly want to see more lines.

Please let me hear your comments, good and bad. I am curious what fans of Happy Days thinks of these figures. My insight has been mostly obtained from the Mego collecting community so far. I will also pass along ideas, suggestions and even criticism directly to the manufacturer.

Thanks for listening to this long winded post.

Regards, Paul (Hulk)

Links of Interest
Hulk's Mego Scale Store (my link)

NotDolls.com (another online retailer who has individual figures for sale)

The Mego Store (yet another online retailer who has individual figures for sale, I know both of the sellers and they are great guys

Classic TV Toys (The Manufacturer)
Old 08-04-2004, 07:30 AM   #2
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

sounds cool - now if someone would only re-issue my Fonzie lunchbox !
Old 09-01-2004, 03:19 PM   #3
tiff7
wdwdisneylandnut4life

Send a message via AIM to tiff7 Send a message via Yahoo to tiff7

Yeah, the figures seem cool! Can you find them @ Toys R Us or Kaybee Toys & how much would they be @ Kaybee & ToysRUs?

Tiff7
Old 09-02-2004, 07:15 AM   #4
Megoville
Occasional Poster

Tiff7,

Sorry to say that these will NOT be available at major toy stores. You can check out the Classic TV Toys Website to see if a local comic or collectible shop near you will be carrying them. Their dealer network is just being established, so there are limited areas where you can find them.

Of course, I will also shamelessly plug my own website, Megoville.com if you are interested in buying them online.

Either way, I think it is great that these figures are coming out.

Regards, Paul

Anyone who mentions they saw these figures on Sitcoms Online, and orders from my website, will get upgraded to DHL OVERNIGHT shipping for FREE. I want to get these out to people as soon as I can. Delivery to the manufacturer is now expected in Late September, so I think I will have them available for delivery in early October.

Thanks for listening, and back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Old 09-08-2004, 05:45 PM   #5
snl75

i have an orignal riche happy days figure from meggo