Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Silver Spoons Online / Silver Spoons links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Silver Spoons Photo Gallery

Silver Spoons - The Complete First Season

Buy Silver Spoons - The Complete First Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Silver Spoons
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites
ION Television Gets Festive for Holidays; USA Schedules Psych: The Movie

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-06-2004, 02:31 PM   #1
Judith A. Moose
Frequent Poster

Default Silver Spoons Series Official Release?

In mid-July, I am meeting with one of the Vice Presidents of Television at Sony to discuss releasing Silver Spoons to DVD either through Columbia House or straight to the stores. One of their biggest arguments is that there will be no market for the shows. We need to prove them wrong and with that in mind I have created a new petition that needs all of the signatures we can get. Please take a moment to sign the petition that is housed at the address below and I'll keep you updated on the progress of getting this series released.

Thanks!

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/stratton/petition.html
Old 05-06-2004, 10:58 PM   #2
ClassicTV4Ever
Coming November 27th!

I signed. I want silver Spoons and so many other shows on DVD so badly. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who would buy it.

Here's its current rank at www.tvshowsondvd.com

Silver Spoons (1982)

Date added to database: 8/19/2001
DVD Rights owned/licensed by: Columbia Tristar Home Entertainment
(correct this info)
More information: The Internet Movie Database (IMDB)
Show Categories: Comedy

Voting Results

Unreleased Rank: 206th
Overall Rank: 291st
Season Set: 466 (93%)
Best of: 134 (27%)
Individual Episodes: 97 (19%)
Total Number of Voters: 500

They should really take a peek at it. And I'm sure there are even more people out there who'd buy it
Old 05-11-2004, 05:15 AM   #3
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TJ

Over 300,000 visitors to the Silver Spoons site, I don't think they all found it by accident. There is clearly still a fanbase for the show.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:23 AM   #4
Moonlit_Suburb
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ
Over 300,000 visitors to the Silver Spoons site, I don't think they all found it by accident. There is clearly still a fanbase for the show.

Exactly! Sony doesn't think there will be an audience for the show...hello, have they heard of a certain group of people called "Children of the 80s"? People my age loved Silver Spoons! And we buy LOTS of DVDs. I think that most of the people who watched SS in its glory days, and who are DVD fans would buy the seasons.

Judith, I saw your posts on this topic on TV Tome by chance, and I was bummed out by the fact that Sony is having doubts about releasing Silver Spoons DVDs. I was actually kinda depressed by this. You might want to post that petition on as many SS sites and TV on DVD sites as possible...although it might not reach as many people as you'd like. As I said, I saw your info on TV Tome by chance. I don't frequent SS sites very often, but I still love the show, and like Todd said, there IS an audience for this show on DVD. I'm sure of it.
Old 05-16-2004, 01:44 AM   #5
rickyfan
Occasional Poster

Thumbs up Good luck in mid July Judith!

Judith, i give you luck and think on you,when you meeting with one of the Vice Presidents of Television in mid july!!i have make signed too Judy for this series goes on dvd!

rickyfan from Germany
Old 06-11-2004, 05:09 PM   #6
princesskimmie
Occasional Poster

Way to Go getting the meeting Judith! Kudos to you! I am sincerely hoping that they will see fit to release Silver Spoons on DVD. I'd save up to buy it if I had to!! I had over 1,447 posters of Ricky Schroder when I was a teenager-I had the biggest crush on him!! Okay still kinda do have a crush on him!! *blush*
I wish you all the luck in the world for the meeting!!
Old 07-18-2004, 06:03 AM   #7
robby76
Forum Regular

Tell this guy that Silver Spoons was shown worldwide, I'm a fan who lived in Malaysia when I was younger! It was still showing on the main tv station in 2003 on Saturday mornings!!! Some things never change... thank god!
Old 07-20-2004, 12:03 AM   #8
crystals

I signed the petition. Good luck with the meeting, Judith.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:40 PM   #9
Moonlit_Suburb
Forum Regular

I wish Judith Moose would give us an update on the Silver Spoons DVD situation. I sent her a private message, which she read, but I didn't get a response. Its past mid-July, and I'm wondering if she met with Sony? C'mon Judith, give us the 411! Ditto for TJ and pavandabal if you guys know anything.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:38 AM   #10
sugar ray
Frequent Poster

i work in the production Business guys! believe me when i say that "things take time" alot of time!

thankfully people like Judith go out get the ball rolling on such a project and there are a bunch that appreciate it.

dealing and convincing these production houses to release something on a new format can be like pulling teeth! ive been after universal for over a year now to release the "COACH" series onto DVD. i went ahead and made my own Coach DVD collection. over 100 + episodes i had stored onto a tivo drive onto DVD.

time consuming or what? anyone who has actualy built, NOT COPIED, but built their own DVD ground up will know what im referring to. its not as simple as buring a CD for tunes. i added interactive menus, re-transcoded the sound to Dolby digital etc..... it was a massive chunk of time. even though the studio has the resources to do it right, most of them are convinced alot of these old shows are dead and burried.

i wish you the best of luck Judith. When an update is posted, or even if the studio gives the green light for such a project, you will have still quite a bit of a wait.

i hope its released! or atleast.......i hope Nik @ nite will pick it up
Old 07-26-2004, 12:31 PM   #11
Judith A. Moose
Frequent Poster

I haven't put anything up yet because I haven't had anything to report. The meeting was rescheduled because I was injured during the first part of the month. I've rescheduled for August and will let you know then.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:41 PM   #12
Moonlit_Suburb
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Judith A. Moose
I haven't put anything up yet because I haven't had anything to report. The meeting was rescheduled because I was injured during the first part of the month. I've rescheduled for August and will let you know then.

No worries, Judith. I'm sorry to hear about your injury, and I hope you're feeling better.

Good luck with the meeting! I've been thinking about Silver Spoons quite a bit lately, and I've come to the conclusion that there is no reason the show shouldn't be on DVD. I'm willing to bet that most of the people who loved this show in the 80s miss it now, and since it isn't played on TV, would buy the DVD sets. (I know I would!) Even if Sony doesn't want to release it, one of the smaller companies that license and release TV show DVDs will. ie: Shout! Factory, Image, Rhino, Anchor Bay etc. With shows like Diff'rent Strokes, Punky Brewster, Alf, Who's the Boss?, Saved by the Bell and more on/coming to DVD, there is absolutely no reason Silver Spoons can't be released as well.
Old 08-29-2004, 12:48 AM   #13
Judith A. Moose
Frequent Poster

Quick update...

I've had a few e-mail conversations with the head of retail marketing for home video at Columbia Television and while they aren't exactly thrilled with the idea, they are willing to review all of my research and offer and revisit the issue of releasing the series. So while it's not a yes at this point, it's not a solid no either...

I'll keep you updated and hope everyone's having a great weekend!
Old 08-29-2004, 03:09 AM   #14
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Judith A. Moose
Quick update...

I've had a few e-mail conversations with the head of retail marketing for home video at Columbia Television and while they aren't exactly thrilled with the idea, they are willing to review all of my research and offer and revisit the issue of releasing the series. So while it's not a yes at this point, it's not a solid no either...

I'll keep you updated and hope everyone's having a great weekend!

Thanks for the update

Heck if they had too, they could release SS two seasons at a time, that would be less releases in a way
Old 10-10-2004, 12:38 AM   #15
Judith A. Moose
Frequent Poster

Just a quick update. We're still at the bargaining table and the studio hasn't said no so perhaps we're making a bit of progress...