Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Laverne & Shirley links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Laverne & Shirley Photo Gallery

Laverne & Shirley - The Complete First Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Complete First Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Second Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Second Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Third Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Third Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Fourth Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Fourth Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Fifth Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Fifth Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Sixth Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Sixth Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Seventh Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Seventh Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Eighth and Final Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Eighth and Final Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Laverne & Shirley
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-01-2004, 01:00 PM   #16
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by TVJunkie101
I know. LOL. March can't come soon enough for me. Lifetime better not back out at the last minute. I doubt they will, but.... I won't be satisfied until I see it actually air, lol.

Shawn can you email me your TV show List again. I just want to see if I have everything I need. Thanks.
Old 02-01-2004, 01:09 PM   #17
TVJunkie101
Member...you 'member?

Send a message via AIM to TVJunkie101

Quote:
Originally posted by Sitcom Analyzer
Shawn can you email me your TV show List again. I just want to see if I have everything I need. Thanks.

I'll send it to you in a little bit. I actually just updated it, kind of, last night.
Old 02-01-2004, 01:12 PM   #18
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by TVJunkie101
I'll send it to you in a little bit. I actually just updated it, kind of, last night.

OK i will do the same.
Old 02-01-2004, 01:26 PM   #19
¤I Love Clay Aiken¤
Forum Legend
MISS APRIL

Location: Parsonsfield ME Shaws - Screwing my way up the employment ladder!
Send a message via AIM to ¤I Love Clay Aiken¤ Send a message via Yahoo to ¤I Love Clay Aiken¤

OMG!!! FINALLY!! IVE BEEN WAITING SO LONG! I get to tape it again!!
Old 02-01-2004, 01:30 PM   #20
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by ¤MsConanOBrien¤
OMG!!! FINALLY!! IVE BEEN WAITING SO LONG! I get to tape it again!!

Yeah i have to buy a 10-pack of 8-hour blank tapes just like I did for Sanford and Son when I heard it was coming on TV LAND in jan of 2003
Old 02-01-2004, 03:21 PM   #21
Impressions
She died the way she lived

This news has came as a relief and as a total shock, when TV Land put Laverne & Shirley unexpectedly on hiatus, I felt guilty since I hadn't taped any of the episodes. After I heard that they lost the rights in June 2002, I had a gut feeling that the show wouldn't come back for years. So once I heard that it would be coming to DVD later this year followed by an announcement that it was coming to Lifetime, I was in utter shock, now the only thing that I can hope for is that they keep the series for as long as they can, LOL.
Old 02-02-2004, 03:30 PM   #22
HDfanLiz
Forum Regular

This is so awesome, what wonderful unexpected news! Couldn't have come at a better time for me, seeing that I've been depressed all day over my beloved Panthers losing last night. This is exactly what I needed to cheer me up, though, since I've missed the show tremendously and I only have a handful of episodes on tape. I'll be sure to get the blank tapes ready come March, this is great!
Old 02-03-2004, 12:16 AM   #23
RichFonz
Forum Regular

Funny you should mention the Super Bowl. At halftime, Janet Jackson exposed her you-know-what unintentionally. I put it there, because I didn't see the halftime show. Instead, I watched--Laverne & Shirley on my tape. I looked at the ep where Richie and Potsie appeared. Kind of ironic, isn't it?
Old 02-08-2004, 04:24 AM   #24
Skywalker
Forum Veteran

Is Laverne and Shirley any good? I'm not insulting the show cause I haven't seen it yet, but should I tape it when it come to Lifetime?
Old 02-12-2004, 10:39 AM   #25
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

Lifetime officially announces L&S:

LIFETIME TELEVISION ACQUIRES “LAVERNE & SHIRLEY” FROM PARAMOUNT TELEVISION

- Series Begins Airing March 8 -

New York – Adding another popular sitcom to its daytime schedule, Lifetime Television has acquired “Laverne & Shirley” from Paramount Television, it was announced today by Leslie Glenn-Chesloff, Senior Vice President, Planning, Scheduling and Acquisitions, Lifetime Entertainment Services.
Beginning Monday, March 8, “Laverne & Shirley” airs weekdays at 11AM (ET/PT) and 12 Noon (ET/PT), joining Lifetime’s comedy block of “The Golden Girls,” “Designing Women,” “Mad About You” and “The Nanny.”
Lifetime’s stable of top sitcoms will grow in 2005 when “Will & Grace” joins the network schedule.
“There’s an enormous appetite among viewers for quality, classic comedies, as demonstrated by our success with such series as ‘The Golden Girls.’ We’ve also seen how well these sitcoms, like ‘The Nanny,’ do with younger women. We expect that ‘Laverne & Shirley,’ one of the icons of women’s television, will be a popular addition to our daytime lineup,” said Glenn-Chesloff.
Regularly one of television’s top-rated sitcoms, “Laverne & Shirley” ran on ABC from 1976-1983. The series, a spin-off of “Happy Days,” starred Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams as two spunky working-class women with little education and less money, but with the determination to succeed.
LIFETIME is the leader in women's television and one of the top-rated basic cable television networks. A diverse, multi-media company, LIFETIME is committed to offering the highest quality entertainment and information programming, and advocating a wide range of issues affecting women and their families. Launched in 1984, LIFETIME serves more than 87 million households nationwide. In 1998, LIFETIME launched Lifetime Movie Network, now in 41 million homes, and in 2001, Lifetime Real Women. LIFETIME Television, Lifetime Movie Network, Lifetime Real Women, and Lifetime Online are part of LIFETIME Entertainment Services, a 50/50 joint venture of The Hearst Corporation and The Walt Disney Company, as is Lifetime magazine, which debuted in April 2003.
Paramount Worldwide Television Distribution is a part of the Viacom Entertainment Group, which includes the Paramount Motion Picture Group, Paramount Television Production, Paramount Domestic Television, Simon & Schuster and Paramount Enterprises (which is comprised of Paramount Parks, Famous Players Inc., Paramount’s interest in United Cinemas International, Famous Music Publishing, Consumer Products and Paramount Digital Entertainment).
Viacom Entertainment Group is part of the entertainment operations of Viacom Inc., one of the world’s largest entertainment and media companies, and a leader in the production, promotion, and distribution of entertainment, news, sports and music.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Old 02-14-2004, 10:29 PM   #26
James

Beginning Monday, March 8, “Laverne & Shirley” airs weekdays at 11AM (ET/PT) and 12 Noon (ET/PT), ...

Lifetime’s stable of top sitcoms will grow in 2005 when “Will & Grace” joins the network schedule.

Old 02-15-2004, 06:38 PM   #27
Kristina

Oh yes! I haven't seen this show in so long, in fact I think I'll start taping it! Yay, wonderful news.
Old 02-15-2004, 07:23 PM   #28
vze3t9q9
Forum Regular

I remember watching this show( Laverne and Shirley) when it was in production. I believe the first episode was the number 1 program of the night. I laughed so hard with the antics of those two. I did remember the loudness of the program. It seemed like the characters were hollering a bit. The projected their voices a bit too much. I saw all the episodes even the ones Penny did alone. Now 27 or so years later I see snippets of it and it just doesn't seem so funny. I guess my tastes have changed.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:31 AM   #29
bb25
Forum Regular

I'm so psyched L&S are coming to Lifetime! I love this show, it will be so good to see it again! Now all they need is to add "Kate & Allie" (a very logical choice, for the network for women...), and I'll be happy...

I agree about Will & Grace. Bleccchchchchchc....ugh...only thing I can stand about the show is Karen, and it's just too new and not the right show for Lifetime. Besides, it's already on 3 networks...first-run NBC, Fox, and UPN...
Old 03-03-2004, 08:54 PM   #30
kelly brester
Frequent Poster

Thumbs up get ready laverne and shirley premires this monday at 11 am on lifetime televison

get ready for laverne and shirley this monday at 11 am on lifetime tv so watch it be there or be sqaure or laverne and shirley will get mad i love you laverne and shirley peace for now