Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Roseanne Reboot Casts David and Darlene's Daughter; The CW Developing New Series Based Upon Sabrina Character
Fri-Yay: The Good Place's Season Premiere; FXX to Air All Season One Episodes of The Mick on September 23
Hulu Gets Will & Grace Fever; New Netflix Comedy Has Girl Power
Rules of Engagement Coming to Logo; Younger Season 4 Sets Series Best
Pop Picks Up 2nd Season of Hollywood Darlings; South Park Still Strong in Season 21
69th Annual Primetime Emmy Award Winners; Mom Also Heads to CMT
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 18, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September)

Father Knows Best - Season Six Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Sixth Season Alice - The Complete Fifth Season Rhoda - Season Four Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four

08/01 - Alice - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
08/01 - Crashing - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
08/15 - Rhoda - Season Four
08/22 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four
08/29 - Will & Grace - Season One (Universal)
09/01 - Angie - The Complete Collection
09/05 - Just Shoot Me! - The Complete Series
09/05 - Kevin Can Wait - Season One
09/06 - Better Things - The Complete First Season
09/06 - You're the Worst - The Complete Third Season
09/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/12 - Coach - The Complete Series
09/12 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Third Season
09/12 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Fourth Season
09/12 - People of Earth - The Complete First Season
09/12 - Veep - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
09/19 - Living Single - The Complete Second Season
09/19 - Modern Family - The Complete Eighth Season
09/26 - Ned and Stacey - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-14-2004, 01:21 PM   #1
unsolvedfan4life
Frequent Poster

Default The Wackers

Does anyone remember the story about the wackers. An elderly couple being terrorized by intruders. They would not move and could never find a trace of evidence who was doing all this to them. It is probablly one of the older ones. Late 80's early 90's.
Old 01-14-2004, 03:10 PM   #2
Ninjaman
Frequent Poster

yes, I remember that one. I personally think that the husband is responsible for the whole thing.
Old 01-14-2004, 04:18 PM   #3
Brent88
Forum Veteran

It aired originally in 1994. I saw it on Lifetime not too long ago. I really didn't know what to think of the case.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:31 PM   #4
crystaldawn

I have went nuts with curiousity wondering what happened with this case. I know its very possible that they both are deceased now. I even emailed the Stark Co. Sheriff's Dept. a few days ago to inquire about whether there was an arrest, but haven't received anything back.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:55 PM   #5
unsolvedfan4life
Frequent Poster

Ninja Man you really think the husband did it? Why what the motive be. My favorite part was "Your lights are a laugh". I still crack people up telling them that when they have survaliance lights.
Old 01-15-2004, 12:15 PM   #6
Ninjaman
Frequent Poster

The more appropriate question is "what would anyone else's motive be?" Why would anyone waste time tormenting an elderly couple who had no known enemies? Furthermore, notes were found on the deck after people had been watching the situation closely. The husband is one of the only ones who could have put them there. There are no clear answers, but it seems that the husband was a little too phony during the interview for me to believe him.
Old 01-16-2004, 11:39 PM   #7
unsolvedfan4life
Frequent Poster

I think Bill Wacker is right it was just soom Koock. I bet he got a kick from it. Man he had some classic quotes. I doubt he did it though. Anyway classic case, someone should write a book about it.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:19 PM   #8
PracTz
Forum Regular

If it wasn't Bill himself, then I wonder if it might have been either their son or son-in-law who was harassing them? It just seems odd that the thug managed to bang on the house and escape undetected even with the younger men watching!
If they've left this world, I hope they were able to find out who was behind it and why!
Old 05-07-2006, 06:46 PM   #9
Awsi Dooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsolvedfan4life
I think Bill Wacker is right it was just soom Koock.

Intriguing
Old 05-07-2006, 09:41 PM   #10
Awsi Dooger

Self edit. Damn, and it was rather clever, too. But without the preceeding and quoted reference point, deleted from cyberspace, this post is just another excuse to share the orange shorts.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:19 AM   #11
wiseguy182

It may not necessarily be Bill, but I do think it is or was somebody close to the Wackers. Perhaps a relative or close friend or neighbor. I reached that conclusion on two points. First, it had stated that the Wackers had changed their phone number several times, but the calls kept coming, which would most likely mean the Wackers (perhaps unknowingly) kept giving out their phone number to the perpetrator or perpetrators. Second, it was stated that the handwriting on the notes that were written appeared that it was done with the opposite hand the writer would usually use, implying that the writer wanted to hide their idendity. That would probably mean that the Wackers would recognize the handwriting had it been written with the hand the writer usually writes with.

We do know that the first attack on Dorothy was by somebody she did not recognize. There are several possibilities here. It could be the perpetrator himself, or it could be an unrelated incident, or it could have been somebody hired by Bill.

Whatever the case may be, I agree with some of the previous posts that it is hard to believe the perpetrator(s) did this stuff for a decade without ever being caught. One has to wonder if it was something supernatural. I have no idea what the motives could be.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:23 PM   #12
UMLongtimefan
Frequent Poster

Given the Cindy James case can we rule out Mrs. Wacker? Just asking...?
Old 05-09-2006, 12:37 AM   #13
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMLongtimefan
Given the Cindy James case can we rule out Mrs. Wacker? Just asking...?

Now THAT'S an interesting theory...
Old 05-09-2006, 08:21 PM   #15
UMLongtimefan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
You think she would hit herself over the head and tie herself up?

Good question Ako...

Well Cindy James according to some people did a lot of weird stuff to herself.. .Mrs. Wacker seemed pretty nice but...

Whose to say she didn't tie herself up like Cindy James allegedly did, and :::just hypothetical here::: a)while tying herself up either fell and hit her head accidenty, b)after tying herself up intentionally fell and hit her head or c) faked the head injury

I read somewhere that Munchausen by Proxy (where parents make their children sick or claim their children are sick to gain attention) predominately is found in mothers (women) what about hypocondria?...

I'm not sure what really happened to the Wackers but it seems plausible if we can think it was Mr. Wacker we can't rule out Mrs. Wacker because she appeared to be a victim of a violent crime which is where I was going by the Munchausen.... maybe an intruder/Mr. Wacker really did hit her in the head... whose to say Mrs. Wacker didn't like the attention so much/feared being alone so much that she didn't continue the ruse in order to find some piece of mind???)

The fact that so many people were watching the house, like the Cindy James case leads me to believe it was somebody very close to the Wackers or one/both of the Wackers themselves who were involved.

Like Cindy James this is another good case that raises a lot more questions that it will every answer