Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

COZI TV's 4th Annual Holidozi Schedule; Remembering Ann Wedgeworth and Earle Hyman
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-04-2005, 06:14 AM   #121
nwain01
First Time Poster

Default Videotape or DVD

Did anyone record on dvd or videotape the 30th Anniversarry Happy Day's Reunion on ABC. J live outside Usa so j could not see the show. Thanks.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:35 AM   #122
Cactus Jack
Forum Idol
RonFingSwanson

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack

Apparently my tape stopped just before the Chucks came out I said to not spoil anything, but isnce I miseed those ttwo you can spoil hat what do they look like now?

Id Love to help you Tracy, but I cant have sex with a black guy, Id lose my endorsement deal with NASCAR-Jenna Maroney,30 Rock

April 17,2009 9:02 PM : 100,000th post!

[/b]
Old 02-04-2005, 08:37 AM   #123
Sunhillow
Frequent Poster

Default Not bad.....

Well, I enjoyed it. It really was cool seeing all those outtakes & bloopers, practical jokes. And seeing the cast all up on the stage was so nice.

I'll admit, I was never a regular viewer, but at my age (30s) I sure can remember the hype around it & how all these kids in school used to talk about The Fonz! It did bring back some nice memories.

Do kids today have a similar tv hero, I wonder? Or has that died w/ the 70s? Maybe Cosby might've taken up that torch for adults in the 80s(?)

Anyway, about the show last night, there was something a little....I dunno..'contrived'-looking about it. Just me, or did Scott Baio keep having a "This is such BS" look on his face?

I think the fact it was scripted & *highly* edited (during the stage/reunion parts) made it feel sorta phony. Garry Marshall's hosting came across as a bit of a "reading". I can't put my finger on it.

They also could've cut the baseball game segment a bit shorter & the commercial breaks came WAY too frequently.

Personally, I believe the show went noticably downhill after it began to *look* too 70s. (ie: Leather Tuscadero, too much focus on Scott etc) And even back then, I thought "Joannie Loves Chachie" was the dumbest idea.

At any rate, I was glad to simply see them all in the same room again.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:59 AM   #124
Pitooey
Forum Veteran

I enjoyed it too except the baseball playing was a bit much (I got bored) and I was hoping it would go away...... Scott was really making faces like he wanted to melt away. He never even acknowledged his ex girlfriend Joanie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunhillow
Anyway, about the show last night, there was something a little....I dunno..'contrived'-looking about it. Just me, or did Scott Baio keep having a "This is such BS" look on his face?

They also could've cut the baseball game segment a bit shorter & the commercial breaks came WAY too frequently.

And even back then, I thought "Joannie Loves Chachie" was the dumbest idea.

At any rate, I was glad to simply see them all in the same room again.

***SAY NO TO DRUGS***

Jesus saves...
Old 02-04-2005, 09:02 AM   #125
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter
That still doesn't explain the elasticity of her face.

SO? WHO CARES!!!! I'd rather see someone looking their age, then be stuffed full of Botox and whatnot
Old 02-04-2005, 09:05 AM   #126
pilotguy

[quote=Sunhillow]

/QUOTE]

I didn't really notice a look like that on Scott's face, but if he DID feel that way, he SHOULDN'T have. Frankly (and I KNOW that I'm going to make a lot of Baio fans mad at me for this), he was lucky that he was included in the reunion as much as he was! I never considered him part of the core "varsity team" (Howard, Winkler, Williams, Most, Moran, Bosley and Ross), and the addition of Chachi did a LOT to ruin the series....so Scott should consider himself fortunate that he was included (and honored) as much as he was last night, and allowed to sit there with the "big kids"!
Old 02-04-2005, 09:11 AM   #127
Pitooey
Forum Veteran

I forgot to mention that Henry Winkler as the Fonz is still looking good (In my humble opinion)........

I also forgot to mention that I did see Fonzie's leather jacket at the Smithsonian Museum in Washington DC along with Archie Bunkers chair.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:41 AM   #128
kmaloney
First Time Poster

Default In Desperate Need of a Copy of the Reunion

Hey everyone!

I'm new to the site but when I did a search on Google, I came across this message board. I was wondering if anyone taped this reunion show. I was supposed to tape it for a friend of mine who LOVES HD and my VCR messed up so it didn't work. He's really upset about it so I'm searching the internet looking for anyone that would be willing to sell me a copy. I'm willing to pay shipping costs as well!

PLEASE let me know as soon as possible!

Thanks!!
Old 02-04-2005, 10:45 AM   #129
Fan805
Occasional Poster

Default Erin & Scott

Quote:
He never even acknowledged his ex girlfriend Joanie.

Hi all...
If I recall this was a sore subject for Erin back then and probably is today. If you noticed during the Q&A, Gary M. said we have a question for you, to Erin and it was cut. Instead it look like she just commented on being part of the cast. I wonder if the question had something to do with her relationship with Scott[??]. I noticed Scott B. isn't married [no ring] and is probably still playing the field. Also, he was seated at the opposite end from Erin.

Overall it was a great program, [the multitude of commercials seems to be the norm now].
Cheers
Fan805
Old 02-04-2005, 10:46 AM   #130
Stormtracker TF
Forum Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Dane
SO? WHO CARES!!!! I'd rather see someone looking their age, then be stuffed full of Botox and whatnot
Yeah. And she really didnt look too bad in my opinion, aside from that odd haircolor.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:15 AM   #131
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

Early Ratings Report:

ABC kicks big butt
with 'Happy Days'

Who would have thought? Twenty million tune in.

The debate can finally end: "Happy Days" has most assuredly not jumped the shark.
Thursday night’s ABC “Happy Days 30th Anniversary Reunion” brought the network its best Thursday numbers since 2003’s Michael Jackson special to kick off the February sweeps.
According to Nielsen overnights, ABC averaged an impressive 6.3 adults 18-49 rating for the two-hour reunion beginning at 8 p.m. Nearly 20 million total viewers also caught the show, giving ABC the best numbers for any network during the period from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
NBC did manage the nightly win among 18-49s after ABC dropped dramatically at 10 p.m., but ABC bettered NBC among households and total viewers for the night. CBS finished first in both those categories despite airing a “CSI” repeat at 8 p.m.
Thursdays are ABC’s weakest night, and 8 p.m. has been especially grim. Recent time slot occupant “life as we know it” averaged a mere 1.4 18-49 rating.
“Happy Days” more than tripled that rating, averaging a 6.2 during the 8 p.m. hour. NBC’s “Joey” averaged just a 4.3, 10 percent off its season-to-date 4.8 average, and “Will & Grace” averaged a 4.8, 6 percent off its season average of 5.1.
“Happy Days” pulled ABC’s best Thursday numbers since it aired a Michael Jackson special to kick off the November sweeps two years ago. That show drew some 27 million total viewers.
“Happy Days” gives ABC a welcome boost to start the sweeps period, when it has a good chance at finishing first or second to “American Idol”-fueled Fox.
But the news was not so good for NBC, which needed the two weeks before “Survivor” returns to build up its edge over CBS. Once “Survivor” comes back, CBS will once again dominate Thursdays. NBC no longer has one night a week when it can consistently win 18-49s.
As usual, an original episode of CBS's "CSI" was the highest-rated show among viewers 18-49, but its 8.9 average rating barely edged an 8.8 by NBC's "ER." NBC took the night in the demo, averaging a 6.9 rating and a 17 share. CBS was second at 6.2/15, ABC third at 5.2/13, Fox fourth at 2.5/6, UPN fifth at 1.6/4 and the WB sixth at 0.8/2.
At 8 p.m. ABC led with the first hour of "Happy Days" averaging a 6.2 rating among 18-49s. NBC finished second that hour with a 4.6 average for "Joey" (4.3) and "Will & Grace" (4.8), followed by CBS's 3.7 average for a "CSI" rerun. Fox was fourth with a 3.4 average for "The O.C."
CBS jumped into the lead at 9 p.m. with "CSI's" 8.9 average among 18-49s. NBC was second with a 7.2 average for "The Apprentice" and ABC third with a 6.3 average for the last hour of the "Happy Days" special.
At 10 p.m. NBC took the lead with "ER's" 8.8 average, followed by a 6.0 average for CBS for "Without a Trace." ABC was third that hour with a 3.1 average for "Primetime."
CBS finished the night first among households, averaging a 12.0 rating and an 18 share. ABC was second at 10.4/16, NBC third at 9.5/15, Fox fourth at 3.6/5, UPN fifth at 3.2/5 and the WB sixth at 1.7/3. CBS averaged 18.5 million total viewers to ABC’s 16.3 million and NBC’s 14.3 million.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Old 02-04-2005, 11:18 AM   #132
Stormtracker TF
Forum Idol

Wow, 20 million people tuned in to the reunion? That's more than I expected, glad it did so well. Thanks for posting, Pav.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:24 AM   #133
pilotguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan805
Hi all...
If I recall this was a sore subject for Erin back then and probably is today. If you noticed during the Q&A, Gary M. said we have a question for you, to Erin and it was cut. Instead it look like she just commented on being part of the cast. I wonder if the question had something to do with her relationship with Scott[??]. I noticed Scott B. isn't married [no ring] and is probably still playing the field. Also, he was seated at the opposite end from Erin.

Overall it was a great program, [the multitude of commercials seems to be the norm now].
Cheers
Fan805

Yes, and I noticed something else....There was a part where Gary Marshall approached Erin and said, "Erin, you grew up during "Happy Days...", and Erin sort of rolled her eyes and sarcastically said, "I sure DID!". There was SOMETHING there between her and Scott, and it obviously wasn't too pleasant.

If you remember, years ago there was an earlier "reunion" special with the "Happy Days" gang (not HALF as good as THIS one was), and the cast sat around and talked about the series...but Erin refused to appear on that show. During a later interview, she said that she was sitting home watching the special with her husband....and when Scott Baio started casually talking about the "thing" that he and Erin had during the run of "Happy Days", Erin was FURIOUS and went WILD! She said that she jumped up from the sofa and started screaming to her husband (and the TV set), "I can't BELIEVE that he's going on TV and TALKING about that as if it was NOTHING!". I've heard some nasty rumors of what happened between the two of them (let's just say it has something to do with "When a girl says 'No" she MEANS 'No'"), and it took Erin a long time to get over it....if she indeed HAS!
Old 02-04-2005, 11:27 AM   #134
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

The numbers:

Happy Days was #1 in the 8pm hour overall and viewers 18-49. 12.8/20 overall (20.6 million) and a 6.3/15 among adults 18-49.

Happy Day was #2 in the 9pm hour overall (behing only CSI) and a close third for viewers 18-49. 12.2/18 overall (19.29 million) and and a 6.4/15 for adults 18-49.

That is quite impressive that it dominated like that. It held up well with CSI at 9pm. It beat The Apprentice by a ton overall, though it did have an advantage among adults 18-49.

So from 8-10pm, Happy Days averaged a 12.5/19 - 19.95 milion average. "Goodbye gray skies, hello blue," to ABC Thursdays!
Old 02-04-2005, 11:39 AM   #135
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.F. Storm
Wow, 20 million people tuned in to the reunion? That's more than I expected, glad it did so well. Thanks for posting, Pav.

I thought it would do well, but WOW