Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January
The Detour Back on TBS in January; I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke Show Christmas on CBS

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-22-2005, 01:17 PM   #61
tiff7
wdwdisneylandnut4life

Send a message via AIM to tiff7 Send a message via Yahoo to tiff7
Talking

Feb 3rd-hey, that's my b-day-i'll be 22! I'll be watching the HD reunion! I hope the reunion ends up on dvd!

Tiff7
Old 01-22-2005, 02:09 PM   #62
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

A few promos aired last night during TGIF.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Old 01-23-2005, 11:05 AM   #63
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

Default Re 30th Anniversarry Happy Day's Reunion on ABC

I saw the Promos on TV The Happy Day's Reunion is going to be great
I cant wait to watch The Happy Day's Reunion on The ABC Televison Network
on Thursday Feburary 3, 2005 at 7:00 pm Central Time.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:39 PM   #64
x3 Taylor x3
Yeahh man

I just saw the promo. Im sooo physched!
Old 01-24-2005, 04:37 AM   #65
ponytail

I saw the promo last night!
Old 01-25-2005, 02:23 PM   #66
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

Aww damn it's gonna come on a Thursday? I'm gonna be at work. I wanted to see the reunion. I saw a commercial for it last night.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:31 PM   #67
T-Greg

Default You'd think ABC would be promoting it....

but as of today, no reference to it on their website. Go figure!
Old 01-28-2005, 12:51 PM   #68
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

http://abc.go.com/specials/happydaysreunion.html

Promo: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/videocl...unionPromo.wmv
Old 01-28-2005, 09:28 PM   #69
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

Can't wait

They got Crystal Bernard, which makes me happy, but not Billy Warlock?
Old 01-29-2005, 01:51 PM   #70
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Dane
Can't wait

They got Crystal Bernard, which makes me happy, but not Billy Warlock?
they musta run out of half-shirts
Old 01-29-2005, 04:12 PM   #71
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyrob
they musta run out of half-shirts

that was the best part too

I've been a fan of Billy's since he was on Days of Our Lives in the mid 80's
Old 01-29-2005, 07:10 PM   #72
Cactus Jack
Forum Idol
RonFingSwanson

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack

Yeah I wonder why they didnt have him on the reunion? Maybe no one ever forgave him fot the running over Heather episode

Id Love to help you Tracy, but I cant have sex with a black guy, Id lose my endorsement deal with NASCAR-Jenna Maroney,30 Rock

April 17,2009 9:02 PM : 100,000th post!

[/b]
Old 01-29-2005, 07:45 PM   #73
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Weird" Jack Wilso-vic
Yeah I wonder why they didnt have him on the reunion? Maybe no one ever forgave him fot the running over Heather episode

I'm thinking Billy(if they even asked him) had prior commitments, from what I've read, he was doing a play in New York. He recently left General Hospital(idiots let him go )

He's such a great actor too
Old 01-29-2005, 07:54 PM   #74
Cactus Jack
Forum Idol
RonFingSwanson

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Dane
I'm thinking Billy(if they even asked him) had prior commitments, from what I've read, he was doing a play in New York. He recently left General Hospital(idiots let him go )

He's such a great actor too
Yeah Im thinking that too
Yeah he is good
Old 01-30-2005, 03:43 PM   #75
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

http://www.tvguide.com/tv/coverstory/happydays.asp

It was "That '50s Show," really. In 1974, movies like American Graffiti and Grease set off a '50s nostalgia boom, and ABC rushed out a series that revived doo-wop during the decade of disco. They had no idea its popularity would stretch right into the era of hair bands. Now, the original cast reunites for the Happy Days 30th Anniversary Reunion Special (airing Thursday, Feb. 3 at 8 pm/ET, on ABC). Here are some exclusive behind-the-scenes anecdotes they shared with TV Guide.

How it all began
Anson Williams (Potsie): We had done a pilot that didn't sell, which aired on Love, American Style. Tom [Bosley] and Erin [Moran] weren't in it. The parts of Fonzie and Ralph weren't there. Then, a year later, American Graffiti came out. Once that became a hit, ABC said, "Hey, didn't we have a show like that? Let's do another pilot."

Henry Winkler (Fonzie): You didn't even imagine then that any of what happened to us would happen. When we went on the air, we were No. 48 in the ratings. Everything that the show experienced was a surprise.

Backstage pass
Erin Moran (Joanie Cunningham): My first day on the job, Tom, Marion, Ron and I were in the hall of the Cunningham house, waiting to do our first scene. I knew who Ron Howard was and I was so nervous. He recognized that and said, "Would you like a piece of gum?" I said yes. That set the mood. It was so sweet and a good way to deal with a scared 12-year-old.

Marion Ross (Mrs. Cunningham): We'd sit together an hour before the show. Tom would be saying something to one of the boys and then say, "You know your mother said..." And I'd have to go, "Tom, I'm not his mother!" For a moment, you'd forget the characters weren't real.

Moran: Marion and Tom were almost like real parents. They were very open and honest about whether they liked a guy [I was dating] or not. Right before I turned 18, I met a motorcycle cop, and nobody liked this guy. They were adults and knew darn well he wasn't good for me. And, turns out they were right.

Bigger than the Beatles?
Don Most (Ralph): Henry and I were making an appearance in Paramus, N.J., and thousands of teenagers were there, a lot of whom were girls. We were supposed to sign autographs, and the police couldn't control the crowd. All of a sudden, it was getting scary and the police said, "We have to get you out of here." There was this fountain behind us that was the only way out. So we climbed up it in our clothes to get away from the madness. They whisked us away, made us lie down in the car, used a decoy limousine. And suddenly I thought, "OK, something is going on here that's a bit different."

Ron Howard (Richie): I remember I had a hat that was particularly precious to me. I thought it was my lucky hat. We were surrounded by this big mob once, and it got ripped off my head. I chased the guy down and got it back before we jumped into a limo to get away. It was like a scene from the Beatles movie Help! I thought at that moment, "I have to be a director. They don't get chased down streets."

Aaaay!
Winkler: People connected with the Fonz at age 3. I'd get little children coming up to me, who knew nothing about the world, and giving me the thumbs-up.

Moran: In the middle of being the No. 1 show, I did an interview on the set, and the interviewer said, "Do you know how big this show is?" I said, "Yeah. Sure." Then he said, "Do you know what the two most popular words in the world are?" I said, "Hi, mom." He said, "No, it's 'the Fonz.'"

Williams: Even when Henry was the No. 1 star in the world, he kept the same crappy green dressing room. He never changed. He was so opposite to the character, a sensitive and sweet guy.

Play ball!
Most: The Happy Days softball team started off when Ron and I joined a serious softball league and we brought Henry in. Garry [Marshall, the series executive producer/writer] loved to play ball and saw we were doing this. So he created a team with the whole cast and had us do charity games. I think Gary saw this as a way to get us more bonded than we already were. It grew to the point where we started going on the road to play in Wrigley Field and Shea Stadium in New York.

Ross: On a Monday morning, there was so much baseball talk we could barely get through the script.

Howard: The most exciting game we played was in the old Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia. There was a packed crowd, an absolute sellout. We were playing against a bunch of celebrities from a local sports station, and some ex-athletes. We were leading 2-1, and they had two runners on and two outs in the last inning. Hal Greer, the former 76ers guard, hit a long fly ball high in left to me, and I heard the whole crowd going crazy. I was sweating it out, saying to myself, "Drop it and you look like a horse's ass." But I caught it! It was a great moment! We expected to get killed in this game. It felt so rewarding. I'd compare it to the first couple of times the show cracked No. 1.

For more Happy Days memories, pick up a copy of this week's magazine, on newsstands Thursday.