Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC to Air Special 4 Week Edition of Dancing with the Stars; House of Payne Spin-off Premieres Jan. 16 on OWN
2017 Thanksgiving TV Marathons on TV This Holiday Weekend
Fox Midseason 2018 Schedule Has New Comedy; Remembering David Cassidy
CBS Gives 9JKL More Episodes; Remembering Della Reese of Touched by an Angel, Chico and the Man
COZI TV's 4th Annual Holidozi Schedule; Remembering Ann Wedgeworth and Earle Hyman
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-21-2003, 12:43 AM   #1
solidchristian_88
Frequent Poster

Default A theroy about The Fonz...

Alright, it's bizzare, but everyone knows that Author Fonzerilli was capable of things that no ordeneary human being could master. Hitting electronical things to make them work/shut off, even when there was most likely no connection between where he hit and what he shut on/switched off. (He even opened a jail door by stomping...which will further my point once I get to it)

He also had the hugest influence over people. I mean, girls ran from across the room when he snapped his fingers...and pratically no one dared to argue with him...ever. He was the king of intimidation, not an easy feet for someone only 5 foot 7 inches.

Add all this to his obviously superior strength (think that Arm wrestle with that guy who was at least three times his size in the eposode where they were trying to set up Jenny Picklo and Eugene Belven) and the fact that he's unbeatable in any sort of fight...it kinda makes you wonder...where do all these special abilities come from?

The show's writers pass it off as his "Cool" that makes all that possible. But I think that those abilities are what makes his "Cool" possible. Think about it, if Fonzie wasn't an electronical wizzard, he wouldn't be half as "cool" as he is. It's part of what made him him. But we all know that it's phycially impossable to do what Fonzie dose half the time. (I bet the Cunninghams have a permently messed up lightswitch) But anyway, add up the facts...and there's only one explantion.

At least, only one explanation that would satisfy an X-Men freak like me.

Yes, you heard me right. X-men. And yes, anyone even remotely fimmilar with comic books knows what that means. Mutants. And this brings me to my point.

I think Auther Fonzerilli is a mutant.

His powers would be Telepethy and Telekeniss...but he demonstrates them in unuseal ways. Fonzie can stimulate certian emotions in the brain with his telepthy...fear in those he wants to intimidate and lust in the women he goes to pick up. (How that explanes Ashely Phister's ablity to resisit him at first, I don't know.) And with Telekeniss, I think that when he hits something, it's just a phyicial indication of what he wants his mind to do. Who knows? Maybe when his powers first surfaced he tried to shut off his lamp with his mind and ended up causing a city-wide power outage due to lack of control.

Also, there's a good chance he might have some phycial mutations as well. Increased strength and agility is probible...and maybe increased speed too. (We've never seen Fonzie run as far as I know...so I can't tell)

So, that brings up a question. If The Fonz is a mutant, why didn't he ever tell anyone? Maybe he just didn't know. Maybe he, like most, attrubited his skills to his "cool" or the training he put himself through that made him know so much. But anyway...the point is...there's an awfully big chance that Fonzie is a mutant...and I for one want to see him meet up with a young Charles Xavier.

Hey...I might do a fanfic on that...

But anyway...I want to know what all you guys think about my theroy about The Fonz. What's your vote...mutant, or not?
Old 09-21-2003, 08:29 AM   #2
fonz-a-mundo
Fonzarelli Fan

geez
The fonz is not a mutant.
what more can I say?
Old 09-21-2003, 08:56 AM   #3
animalcrackers

Verryy Interesting! But I just think he is just 'way cool'. Can't explain it. But it does make you wonder.
Old 09-21-2003, 09:59 AM   #4
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

I think he was an alien from MelMac (hey - "Ork" doesnt rhyme with "the Fonz" either) and the whole incident with Mork was staged so that he wouldn't blow his cover with all the ridiculous displays of his special powers he was making on an almost daily basis...
Old 09-21-2003, 12:41 PM   #5
Moonlight Lady
Forum Veteran

Default Re: A theroy about The Fonz...

Quote:
Originally posted by solidchristian_88
Alright, it's bizzare, but everyone knows that Author Fonzerilli was capable of things that no ordeneary human being could master. Hitting electronical things to make them work/shut off, even when there was most likely no connection between where he hit and what he shut on/switched off. (He even opened a jail door by stomping...which will further my point once I get to it)

He also had the hugest influence over people. I mean, girls ran from across the room when he snapped his fingers...and pratically no one dared to argue with him...ever. He was the king of intimidation, not an easy feet for someone only 5 foot 7 inches.

Add all this to his obviously superior strength (think that Arm wrestle with that guy who was at least three times his size in the eposode where they were trying to set up Jenny Picklo and Eugene Belven) and the fact that he's unbeatable in any sort of fight...it kinda makes you wonder...where do all these special abilities come from?

The show's writers pass it off as his "Cool" that makes all that possible. But I think that those abilities are what makes his "Cool" possible. Think about it, if Fonzie wasn't an electronical wizzard, he wouldn't be half as "cool" as he is. It's part of what made him him. But we all know that it's phycially impossable to do what Fonzie dose half the time. (I bet the Cunninghams have a permently messed up lightswitch) But anyway, add up the facts...and there's only one explantion.

At least, only one explanation that would satisfy an X-Men freak like me.

Yes, you heard me right. X-men. And yes, anyone even remotely fimmilar with comic books knows what that means. Mutants. And this brings me to my point.

I think Auther Fonzerilli is a mutant.

His powers would be Telepethy and Telekeniss...but he demonstrates them in unuseal ways. Fonzie can stimulate certian emotions in the brain with his telepthy...fear in those he wants to intimidate and lust in the women he goes to pick up. (How that explanes Ashely Phister's ablity to resisit him at first, I don't know.) And with Telekeniss, I think that when he hits something, it's just a phyicial indication of what he wants his mind to do. Who knows? Maybe when his powers first surfaced he tried to shut off his lamp with his mind and ended up causing a city-wide power outage due to lack of control.

Also, there's a good chance he might have some phycial mutations as well. Increased strength and agility is probible...and maybe increased speed too. (We've never seen Fonzie run as far as I know...so I can't tell)

So, that brings up a question. If The Fonz is a mutant, why didn't he ever tell anyone? Maybe he just didn't know. Maybe he, like most, attrubited his skills to his "cool" or the training he put himself through that made him know so much. But anyway...the point is...there's an awfully big chance that Fonzie is a mutant...and I for one want to see him meet up with a young Charles Xavier.

Hey...I might do a fanfic on that...

But anyway...I want to know what all you guys think about my theroy about The Fonz. What's your vote...mutant, or not?

hmm...Nah, I disagree with this theory and vote "not mutant" for Arthur Fonzarelli.

Old 09-21-2003, 12:56 PM   #6
TJL
Forum Veteran
Suburbanite Extrordinaire

Interesting theory. I like it!

I can't wait until they do the Wolverine meets the Fonz crossover in the next issue of "X-Men."

Read my blogs!
http://centralparkamisguide.com/
http://dvdcriticscorner.com
Visit me on Facebook!http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=641138880
Hey, I do the tweet thing too!
http://twitter.com/TomLevier
My shop of handmade items!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ColdGarageCreations
Old 09-21-2003, 03:27 PM   #7
¤I Love Clay Aiken¤
Forum Legend
MISS APRIL

Location: Parsonsfield ME Shaws - Screwing my way up the employment ladder!
Send a message via AIM to ¤I Love Clay Aiken¤ Send a message via Yahoo to ¤I Love Clay Aiken¤

Yowsas, you put a lot of thought into it.
Old 09-21-2003, 11:51 PM   #8
solidchristian_88
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by robyrob
I think he was an alien from MelMac (hey - "Ork" doesnt rhyme with "the Fonz" either) and the whole incident with Mork was staged so that he wouldn't blow his cover with all the ridiculous displays of his special powers he was making on an almost daily basis...

Actully, back before I got into X-men...that was my theroy too. Not that Mork's visit was a cover-up...but that Fonzie was an alien. Or, at any rate, half alein. Of course, this was back when I was in my Lois and Clark phase and everything had to relate to Superman or else...

Now I'll hold firm to the Fonzie's a mutant thing. I mean...if you really think about it logically (I know, logic isn't a sitcom specitality, but bear with me here) there's really no explanation for Fonzie's special ablities other then mutation.

All this brings me to my next question...

Would anyone be intrested in reading a Happy Days/X-men crossover basied on the concept of Fonzie being a mutant? I can so toatlly immagene The Fonz going up aginst a young Magneto! (Hey, could explane why he's so touchey about his jacket...maybe he put the snaps back on himself after Magneto ripped them out) So...anyone intrested?

Oh yeah, and please, answer the first question too.
Old 09-22-2003, 10:06 AM   #9
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
Originally posted by solidchristian_88
Actully, back before I got into X-men...that was my theroy too. Not that Mork's visit was a cover-up...but that Fonzie was an alien. Or, at any rate, half alein. Of course, this was back when I was in my Lois and Clark phase and everything had to relate to Superman or else...

Now I'll hold firm to the Fonzie's a mutant thing. I mean...if you really think about it logically (I know, logic isn't a sitcom specitality, but bear with me here) there's really no explanation for Fonzie's special ablities other then mutation.

All this brings me to my next question...

Would anyone be intrested in reading a Happy Days/X-men crossover basied on the concept of Fonzie being a mutant? I can so toatlly immagene The Fonz going up aginst a young Magneto! (Hey, could explane why he's so touchey about his jacket...maybe he put the snaps back on himself after Magneto ripped them out) So...anyone intrested?

Oh yeah, and please, answer the first question too.
Hey, I believe the important thing is that YOURE interested in it, because if you are happy with it, that's what makes it worth it (i still say fanfiction doesn't need to win any contests to be good).

One caveat i would have is that Happy Days has always been appreciated more for its humor than it's action, and straying too far from the original narrows the appeal from the original show.