Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

CBS Gives 9JKL More Episodes; Remembering Della Reese of Touched by an Angel, Chico and the Man
COZI TV's 4th Annual Holidozi Schedule; Remembering Ann Wedgeworth and Earle Hyman
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-20-2003, 12:23 AM   #1
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Question "Happy Days Again"...why the title change?

When Happy Days debuted in syndication in the fall of 1979, it was retitled Happy Days Again. I'm curious as to why this was done.

It ran that way for a couple of years or so. Laverne & Shirley was similarly retitled Laverne & Shirley & Company when it made its syndication debut in 1981.

If anyone knows why the shows were retitled, please come forward and let your voice be heard!

Old 09-20-2003, 12:28 AM   #2
C Doody
Forum Legend
Captain Juke N Jive

Send a message via MSN to C Doody

I Believe it was so their would be No Confusion of people thinking they were New episodes.
Old 09-20-2003, 12:30 AM   #3
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Cool

Good point, but it's kind of ridiculous when other first-run shows were airing reruns in syndication and didn't bother to make a distinction.

Old 09-20-2003, 09:47 AM   #4
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Thong
Good point, but it's kind of ridiculous when other first-run shows were airing reruns in syndication and didn't bother to make a distinction.

it wasnt really when it went into syndication - it was when they were showing the reruns in the regular (or a primetime) timeslot - most of the syndicated eps they show now DONT say "Happy Days again" - it is only the few eps that they reran during the regular season...

I wonder if anyone knows how many of these there are exactly? - I know that I wrote it doown when I taped an episode that started with that, but I think there was only 4 that I noticed - there may be more, or I may be remembering it wrong....
Old 09-20-2003, 09:54 AM   #5
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

When they originally went into syndication all the syndicated episodes were called Happy Days Again. They were advertised on the local affiliates as Happy Days Again which I thought was strange and even in old issues of tv guides. Luckily they don't do this anymore.
Old 09-20-2003, 10:04 AM   #6
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
Originally posted by mr roper
When they originally went into syndication all the syndicated episodes were called Happy Days Again. They are even listed in old tv guides as Happy Days Again. They don't do this anymore.
ok, strange, but I know that there are only a handful of the episodes that have that in the intro - and its always the same ones from the same season... dont MAKE me go lookin through my tapes....
Old 09-20-2003, 10:17 AM   #7
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by robyrob
ok, strange, but I know that there are only a handful of the episodes that have that in the intro - and its always the same ones from the same season... dont MAKE me go lookin through my tapes....
No I believe you. They are probably old copies of these syndicated versions. I heard there were still some versions of them out there. I also have the issues of these tv guides. In addition to Happy Days Again when Laverne And Shirley first went into syndication it was called Laverne And Shirley and Company and when Chips first went into syndication it was called Chips Patrol. When Real People went into syndication it was called More Real People. I always thought these were strange.
Old 09-20-2003, 10:45 AM   #8
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
No I believe you. They are probably old copies of these syndicated versions. I heard there were still some versions of them out there. I also have the issues of these tv guides. In addition to Happy Days Again when Laverne And Shirley first went into syndication it was called Laverne And Shirley and Company and when Chips first went into syndication it was called Chips Patrol. When Real People went into syndication it was called More Real People. I always thought these were strange.
were all of these ABC shows? maybe they were trying to pimp up there programming lists to make it look like they had more shows than they actually did....
Old 09-20-2003, 10:53 AM   #9
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
were all of these ABC shows? maybe they were trying to pimp up there programming lists to make it look like they had more shows than they actually did....
Chips and Real People came from Nbc. It was just something they did in the early 1980's. There might have been more but I don't remember. I do remember B.J. and The Bear being syndicated with Lobo as the B.J./Lobo Show. I know that after Happy Days stopped airing in primetime these versions stopped airing.
Old 09-20-2003, 10:58 AM   #10
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
Chips and Real People came from Nbc. It was just something they did in the early 1980's. There might have been more but I don't remember. I do remember B.J. and The Bear being syndicated with Lobo as the B.J./Lobo Show. I know that after Happy Days stopped airing in primetime these versions stopped airing.
Now hang on a minute there, Sherrif Lobo had his own spinoff there - I was a fanatic for that show, I was BJandthebear KA-RAZY!!!
Old 09-20-2003, 10:59 AM   #11
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
Now hang on a minute there, Sherrif Lobo had his own spinoff there - I was a fanatic for that show, I was BJandthebear KA-RAZY!!!
I dont know if they changed the titles for it, or even if they syndicated it at all, but I know that Lobo had his own show....
Old 09-20-2003, 11:00 AM   #12
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

I loved Sheriff Lobo too. I wished they would put B.J. and Lobo back on.
Old 09-20-2003, 11:05 AM   #13
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
I dont know if they changed the titles for it, or even if they syndicated it at all, but I know that Lobo had his own show....
Lobo did have its own show but when it was syndicated it was put in with B.J. And The Bear and syndicated as the B.J./Lobo Show. Then they had BJ and The Bear and Lobo air on alternate days. I use to love those shows but I haven't seen them in years.
Old 09-20-2003, 11:09 AM   #14
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
Lobo did have its own show but when it was syndicated it was put in with B.J. And The Bear and syndicated as the B.J./Lobo Show. Then they had BJ and The Bear and Lobo air on alternate days. I use to love those shows but I haven't seen them in years.
yep, not the sorta thing they feel has much demand for it - although with stuff like TVLand, Deja-vue, and the Drive-Inn Classics channels doing so well, maybe there's hope...
Old 09-20-2003, 11:14 AM   #15
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
yep, not the sorta thing they feel has much demand for it - although with stuff like TVLand, Deja-vue, and the Drive-Inn Classics channels doing so well, maybe there's hope...
TV Land will probably say nobody remembers it. Thats what they say when they don't air lost classics. If they would air these shows then maybe a new generation can enjoy them. Deputy Perkins use to crack me up.