Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January
The Detour Back on TBS in January; I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke Show Christmas on CBS
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 13, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-21-2003, 11:29 AM   #91
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
Originally posted by animalcrackers
Chachi's okay, but my favorite guy Joanie dated was Jason. He gave Joanie his senior ring. He was cute, seemed nice and seemed smart. I think Donny Most must have been in this one, because in the episode guide it says Donny met his future wife on this episode.
im gonna have to watch it again - i may have missed it, i missed the whole "Father & Son" ep, but I do have it taped....

and for today's episode...
Old 10-22-2003, 10:07 AM   #92
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

#169 - Live and Learn

Fonzie goes back to school as an auto mechanics instructor.
This is the first episode of the 8th season in this cycle on WGN.... goodbye Richie and Ralph - hello Roger and Jenny
I'd comment on the opening intro, but really the absence of Ritchie says it all...

For some reason Mother Kelp is upstairs with a sprained ankle from trying to fix the aerial on the roof, but they dont show her in this ep - i guess shes just there to drive Marion nuts.

Fonzie comes back from a vacation in Itally, with a full beard - it sorta looked like a "Hollywood" beard to me, I wonder if it was real?
Chachi: "You bought a beard"
Fonzie: "I didn't know the Italian word for razor, so I kept pointing to my face, and they kept feeding me"

The Fonz gets his letter telling him that he gets to be the new auto-mechanics teacher at the highschool - I never had a problem with him working as a teacher part-time, I know some people did, but I really think that the realism didnt matter, because the kids in his class were so funny
I didn't like the way they made him sound stupid so often though
Joanie: "You start tomorrow, that doesnt give you much time to prepare your curriculum"
Fonzie: "What's wrong with the way I'm dressed?

Kid in Class: "I know, I'm tardy"
The Fonz: "I don't care who you are - you're late"

I thought Eugene was a great albeit small addition to the cast, he was so funny with the Fonz
Eugene: "But I dont have any friends"
Fonz: "I know.

The Fonz (guessing Eugene's name): "Fletcher? ....Lowell? ....Eugene?"

The whole class thing was funny, especially the part where he had the entire class standing in the corner

I was sooo glad he shaved off the beard in this episode, it was just too weird, man

I suppose it was important that Fonzie helped a kid and got his apple at the end of the day.....
Old 10-22-2003, 10:24 AM   #93
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

#165 - A Potsie is Born

(I know I'm workin backwards here, but I did have a few points to make about this one, and wanted to hear what everyone thinks about this episode in general)

Potsie gets an audition to sing at the swanky Vogue Terrace... and turns into a swelled-head in the process....

As I was watching this, I kept thinkin I recognized Loretta, the girl Potsie was tryin to impress - its Gail Edwards !!! I loved her as Dot on "Its a Living" and as Six's mom on "Blossom" !!!

Potsie was hilarious in this ep, he was able to be stoopid Potsie and oblivious to how much of a jerk to his friends at the same time
The band plays "Surfin' Safari at Arnold's when Mrs Pattison "discovers" him,
the bit with Mrs Pattison:
"Come to the hotel for an audition, how's Friday at noon?"
Potsie: "You name it - I'll be there!"
Mrs Pattison: "how's Friday at noon?"
Potsie: "You name it - I'll be there!"

The part where the Fonz comes in all messed-up lookin - he and Mr C saw the billboard giant-sized Potsie

Ralph had a few choice lines, and got to practise being Potsie's flunky...

At the audition the gang plays "Mack the Knife" while the judges ignore them... the Fonz has a "talk" with them and stcks up for his"boy"

It was strange, but the sign behind the band clearly spells his name as "Warren WEBBER" - not that they cared who he was anyways, but they DID make a sign...

My favorite part in the whole ep was Joanie saying:

"You'll be in a room covered with rubber on the walls.... bing BING BING !!!"

(that was from Riccochet Rabbit - one of my fav cartoons !!!)
Old 10-23-2003, 10:02 AM   #94
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

I guess with all the talk of dvd's, its hard to get excited about hacked-editing syndicated episodes - at least we'll be able to talk about complete, unedited versions of HD some day!!!
Old 10-23-2003, 10:18 AM   #95
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Default #172 - Joanie Gets Wheels

Some people don't like the later episodes, I like them just fine, I mean they're different, but theyre good in their own way.... - I think I'm getting dizzy 'cuz its the first time I've seen Jenny Picalo in a looong time

This ep was sorta reminiscent of the one where Richie got his car in the first season.... not a lot, but there were some similarities

It was nice to see the way the Fonz and Mr C made up at the end, and the way Joanie 'fessed up for the Fonz

ahhh my fav funnies:

Fonz (in Joanie voice): "Dad, can I have a car? "
(normal voice): "And he's gonna put you in your room 'til youre forty."

Jenny: "If daughters always listened to fathers, the human race would never reproduce"

When Mr & Mrs C go to see the Music Man movie (the one that Ron Howard starred in as a kid )
Marion: "I just love that little freckle-faced boy"

NosyLadyinLine: "If I was your wife I'd feed you poison"
Howard: "If you were my wife I'd take it."

Joanie: "Yeah, I think this is punishment enough."
Howard: "Think again"

with lines like that - how could anyone say the writing was going downhill?
Old 10-23-2003, 04:07 PM   #96
animalcrackers

I liked this episode, even though I missed it. Fonzie looked so cute in his robe. I also liked the way Mr. C and Fonzie made up, a Kodak moment.
Howard can be such a cut-up, I love his line:
Howard: "If you were my wife I'd take it"
Old 10-23-2003, 04:23 PM   #97
C Doody
Forum Legend
Captain Juke N Jive

Send a message via MSN to C Doody

Quote:
Originally posted by animalcrackers
I liked this episode, even though I missed it. Fonzie looked so cute in his robe. I also liked the way Mr. C and Fonzie made up, a Kodak moment.
Howard can be such a cut-up, I love his line:
Howard: "If you were my wife I'd take it"

LOL Thats one of my favorite Happy Days Lines. Always makes me laugh.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:00 AM   #98
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Default #168 - No Tell Motel

Howard wants to cool down the romance between Joanie & Chachi and they end up getting stuck in a motel after sneaking off to a Beach Boys concert.

This was a weird ep I thought - its hard to watch them try to include Richie in the episodes through letters....
Richie (in letter): "I've included a picture of me with my G.I. haircut"
Marion: "Oh Howard, he looks like a cantelope!"

Richie (in letter): "I applied for the position of camp paper editor, they put me on latrine duty. The guy they made the editor used to be a plumber"
Howard: "That's the army"

The part where Howard tries to kill Wilbur (the date that Howard found for Joanie but turned out to be a creep) was hilarious,
Marion: "I've never seen your father run before, look at those little legs go!"

I dont know who the motel guy was, but he was annoying.
Chachi: "It just so happens that we belong to a religion that forbids luggage"
I liked where Chachi tries to sleep on the desk! (what - no bathtub?)
Its hard to believe that they made such a big deal out of an unmarried couple staying in a motel room together....

Chachi trying to hide the ladder from MrC: "I uh, I just came by to, er, ah paint your house"
Mr C: "There's brushes and paint in the garage, you get started, and I'll check on you in about an hour"

I always wondered how much they paid LoriBeth to be in the last five seconds of an episode, with no lines or anything, just to sit there and look like she's another piece of furniture....
Old 10-24-2003, 03:58 PM   #99
wayne

I never could figure out why L.B. was in the opening credits after Rich left, it seems redundant. Before, she was only a guest star & wasn't in all of the episodes. Which was actually the 1st episode made after Rich left? Was it "Live & Learn?"
Old 10-24-2003, 06:54 PM   #100
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
Originally posted by wayne
I never could figure out why L.B. was in the opening credits after Rich left, it seems redundant. Before, she was only a guest star & wasn't in all of the episodes. Which was actually the 1st episode made after Rich left? Was it "Live & Learn?"
somewhere there is a site that lists all the episodes by production date AND by airdate, I'll see if I can find it again.... unless anybody else has the link handy
Old 10-25-2003, 09:43 AM   #101
animalcrackers

Default Re: #168 - No Tell Motel

Quote:
Originally posted by robyrob

Its hard to believe that they made such a big deal out of an unmarried couple staying in a motel room together....

I think Mr. C would have had a heart attack or stroke. Fonzie wasn't too thrilled about it and especially when he found out the girl was Joanie. And the L.B. thing was kind of dumb. She kind of annoyed me anyway. The one scene in an earlier episode where she needed $800 to fly to Greenland, why didn't she at least get her parents to pay half.
Old 11-27-2003, 09:03 AM   #102
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

I dont have my ep guide handy, but I just watched the Thanksgiving ep yesterday, and the one where Ralph's parents are getting a divorce today... (yes, that's how I plan on spending Thanksgiving - I havent seen an episode in almost 2 weeks since the move)

The Thanksgiving ep was cute, but got a little to corny for my tastes; did they need to beat the whole "-yee" and "eth" thing to death? - i mean we got it already man, they're in the New World!!! I think that they were just trying to make a light-hearted, fun holiday ep and they didn't put a lot of thought into it.

My fav part was Ralph and Potsie as Bear-slayer and (?)Wolf-Tracker !!!

Bear-slayer: "Here, Keep your rat"

I've talked about the divorce ep before, and my parents divorce was the reason i became a tv junkie at that time, so it is always a difficult ep for me.... what are your thoughts about it?
Old 11-28-2003, 07:00 AM   #103
animalcrackers

I watched both too. The divorce one was okay. The Thanksgiving one was pretty funny. What was it that Potsie, I mean Bear Slayer, said that he and Wolf Stalker didn't put their traps in the woods because they were afraid of the animals, so they put on the road. That's when Joanie stepped into one. What about Howard and Richie's hair?
Old 11-28-2003, 07:05 AM   #104
The Modfather
Forum Veteran
It Sure Does

I don't like the Thanksgiving epiosde. It's to corny for my taste- and I like Full House and Saved by the Bell
Old 11-30-2003, 10:48 AM   #105
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Default # 197 - Just a Piccalo

i always loved Jenny Piccalo, such a great character, this has got to be one of my favorites with her - Phil Silvers is great as her dad Rosco Picalo, they should've had him on more often

favorite line -

Howard: "Where is your wife?"
Rosco Picalo: "Rosalind is out in the car"
Howard: "Why don't you invite her in?"
Rosco Picalo: "She's changing the tire!"