Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

CBS Gives 9JKL More Episodes; Remembering Della Reese of Touched by an Angel, Chico and the Man
COZI TV's 4th Annual Holidozi Schedule; Remembering Ann Wedgeworth and Earle Hyman
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-16-2003, 10:47 AM   #76
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
Originally posted by animalcrackers
Another one of my favorite episodes. It cracked my up every time Richie wanted to 'rally' everyone up by blowing the whistle. Very funny. Potsie and his girlfriend, I could have smacked everytime the 'ahhh' each other when they thought one of them was bringing the matches or can opener. I did feel sorry for Richie, he wanted to be the leader instead of Fonzie. He did get carried away, but he ended up doing a pretty good job. I thought too that it was a bit mean of Fonzie to insist the Richie help out with the unloading. Gee the poor guy gets his foot bruised and he had to walk 12 miles around trip getting supplies. Give him a break.

It all shows how easily people can get caught up in their own pursuits and forget about other's feelings - gee did i learn something from HD?

I'm not sure if the Fonz was punishing Rich by making him help unload the truck - I think it was more of a gesture of comraderie... so they could do it together
Old 10-16-2003, 11:01 AM   #77
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

#161 - The Hucksters

Howard comes back from the Hardware Convention and decides that he needs to do a TV commercial....

This was almost like a throwback episode - if it weren't for Joanie's poodle-doo, you could almost see this episode fitting into the 3rd season.

I love their "famous slogan" that Richie comes up with for the first commercial: If you want hammers, or nails, or wrenches, or pliers, or bolts, or screws, or electrical outlets...."

Warren Berlinger was great as Mr. Vanburen, the Ad-guy, I love his sayings: " throw it out on the back porch and see if the the cat licks it up"

Ditto for Sparky Marcus as Billy: "What is this, show-and-tell? Gimme the glove!!!"

I love the part where Howard plays Iggy the stockboy, and the Fonz' s line is classic: "I belong everywhere"
Old 10-16-2003, 04:27 PM   #78
animalcrackers

Even though the dog was cute, I bet it didn't make Joanie feel to good being replaced by Scuffy the dog. And Howard as Iggy the stockboy. Ouch!
Old 10-17-2003, 03:27 AM   #79
wayne

There were 2 girls singing the commerical, at least one of them looked familiar, I think her name was Taffee or something like that. HD had a way of recycling its guests. Warren Berlinger had 5 roles including this one. Can you name them?

Favorite line: Warren: Now that's the Cunningham family!

Marion: Who are we?

Howard: I'm Iggy!
Old 10-17-2003, 09:01 AM   #80
animalcrackers

Quote:
Originally posted by wayne
There were 2 girls singing the commerical, at least one of them looked familiar, I think her name was Taffee or something like that. HD had a way of recycling its guests. Warren Berlinger had 5 roles including this one. Can you name them?

Favorite line: Warren: Now that's the Cunningham family!

Marion: Who are we?

Howard: I'm Iggy!

Warren was Sgt. Belcher ( opps, Betchler ) and wasn't he the DJ that quit then Richie took over? I know he was in more episodes.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:13 AM   #81
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

#162 - Allison

Howard gets an erroneous bill from the electric company, and Richie and the Fonz go to try and sort it out when the Fonz falls for a deaf girl named Allison.

A pretty good episode, but it seemed a little strange when I first saw it years ago - Allison was played by the same deaf girl who was on Sesame Street

My fav parts:

Howard: "What are you gonna do If I don't pay? ...You'll shut the power off? - I'd like to see you try BUCKO!!"
*Joanie turns off the lights*
Howard: "I'm sorry for yelling"

When the Fonz is first trying to pick up Allison by snapping his fingers all around her and she doesnt even flinch, then Richie starts writing a note for the Fonz, and the Fonz uses hand signs for "drive" and "eat" and she nods and they leave with Richie still dictating....

At Arnold's, when the Fonz says he's going to Inspiration Point, and Potsie asks "With Allison?" - and the Fonz says "No, I thought i'd take Ralph"

Some of the Fonz's made-up sign language was hilarious, I thought Henry did a pretty good job of it

I didn't even mind the way they closed the storyline, with Allison accepting Doug's marriage proposal, I didnt really want to see a recurring girlfriend for the Fonz - and they didn't make him look bad the way they did it.
Old 10-17-2003, 02:42 PM   #82
wayne

I believe Linda Bove was the girl who played Allison. Did you know she really was deaf? Has she been on other shows besides HD?
Old 10-17-2003, 04:19 PM   #83
animalcrackers

Fonzie really liked this girl enough to learn sign language. That was really sweet. Fonzie thought he had a serious problem when he snapped his fingers at Allison and she didn't respond. You could feel his heart break when Allison said she and Doug were getting married. I agree I didn't want a recurring girlfriend for Fonzie.
Old 10-17-2003, 04:36 PM   #84
animalcrackers

Quote:
I believe Linda Bove was the girl who played Allison. Did you know she really was deaf? Has she been on other shows besides HD?

I found that she's still acting, but mainly stage. She was also in Search For Tomorrow. She also has written books and her husband is an actor who is also deaf.
Old 10-17-2003, 07:02 PM   #85
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
Originally posted by animalcrackers
I found that she's still acting, but mainly stage. She was also in Search For Tomorrow. She also has written books and her husband is an actor who is also deaf.
hmmm, the only thing I remember is that she was a regular on Sesame Street for a few years, but that was a looong time ago...
Old 10-20-2003, 10:16 AM   #86
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

#163 - Fools Rush In

This is the episode where Joanie and Chachi officially "hook-up". I always liked the way Joanie put Chachi down all the time in the earlier eps - those put-downs and comebacks were classic, so I was never a big fan of the J&C thing. I remember the way Scott Baio was getting plastered all over the teen magazines at the time, and the producers of the show wanted to cash in on that I guess.

I thought it was cool that Joanie was talking to Rich as Chachi was talking to the Fonz, and their plans were actually working against each other It was strange that Ralph wasn't in thise ep at all, yet LoriBeth WAS
Richie (to LoriBeth): "Don't let the fat kid hold my ice cream!!"

Al gets his 2 cents in: "Sorry Chach - I'm busy saturday night..." (after Chachi gets invited over for dinner by Joanie

Joanie is babysitting for Potsie, and Kathie and Scottie Marshall guest-star as Potsie's niece and nephew.
Scottie: "Do you have a TV up there? -- I'm gonna get you for this Potsie!"
Old 10-20-2003, 01:50 PM   #87
wayne

I thought there was a scene in Fonzie's apartment in which Fonzie
asks Ralph's advice about dating chicks& Ralph goes bananas.

Scott & Kathie Marshall are Gary Marshall's kids! I wonder if they're still acting. They were in a few HD episodes.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:32 PM   #88
YoliUSA
Fan of the Classics

Send a message via MSN to YoliUSA

Quote:

Scott & Kathie Marshall are Gary Marshall's kids! I wonder if they're still acting. They were in a few HD episodes.

They both appeared in "The Princess Diaries", directed by Garry Marshall
Old 10-21-2003, 10:32 AM   #89
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
I thought there was a scene in Fonzie's apartment in which Fonzie
asks Ralph's advice about dating chicks& Ralph goes bananas.

I couldn't find much after HD, but:

It looks like Kathi was in Pretty Woman (also directed by Gary) , and Scott A. Marshall is listed in the credits
Kathi's appearances on HD:
#22 - Haunted (1974) - as Princess
#69 - Fonzie's Hero (1976) - as Kathi
# 94 - Fonsilectomy (1977) - as Allison
#129 - The Magic Show (1978) - as Louise
#163 - Fools Rush In (1980) - as Sally
#180 - Bride and Gloom (a.k.a.) Fonzie and Jenny Married (1981) - as Kathi

and Scotti:
#22 - Haunted (1974) - Cowboy
#69 - Fonzie's Hero (1976) - Scotti
# 94 - Fonsilectomy (1977) - Patrick
Old 10-21-2003, 11:05 AM   #90
animalcrackers

Chachi's okay, but my favorite guy Joanie dated was Jason. He gave Joanie his senior ring. He was cute, seemed nice and seemed smart. I think Donny Most must have been in this one, because in the episode guide it says Donny met his future wife on this episode.