Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January
The Detour Back on TBS in January; I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke Show Christmas on CBS
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 13, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Louie (and Other Projects with Louis C.K.) Cancelled; CBS Colorizing More Dick Van Dyke Episodes; More Diff'rent Strokes DVDs

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-10-2003, 03:00 PM   #61
wayne

Do you ever imagine yourself in an episode of HD? I do in this one! As Fonzie I might have said to Bertha: "I know about what Chachi did to your kid sister,Rhonda. Disgraceful! I'm gonna personally talk to him & if he doesn't straighten up I'll personally shave his head! Woa!" Chachi dumped Ronda which is why the she-devils got him.

Don't at least 2 of the girls look familiar? One of them played Potsie's girlfriend in a camping trip organized by Rich. Another was also in the commercial by Howard that featured Hank Aaron.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:45 PM   #62
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
Originally posted by wayne
Do you ever imagine yourself in an episode of HD? I do in this one! As Fonzie I might have said to Bertha: "I know about what Chachi did to your kid sister,Rhonda. Disgraceful! I'm gonna personally talk to him & if he doesn't straighten up I'll personally shave his head! Woa!" Chachi dumped Ronda which is why the she-devils got him.

Don't at least 2 of the girls look familiar? One of them played Potsie's girlfriend in a camping trip organized by Rich. Another was also in the commercial by Howard that featured Hank Aaron.
yeah, i think the three that grabbed the guys in Arnold's were all recurring actors, although I don't remember who played what character in which episode...

and Big Bertha was a contributing writer for a number of episodes too
Old 10-12-2003, 12:54 PM   #63
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

#166 - The Roaring Twenties

This was the one where Howard's Uncle Joe comes to visit and tells Richie the story about great-uncle Cecil Cunningham who was a district attourney during the prohibition period in the 1920's.

I liked this one, the only singing parts fit (Joanie and LoriBeth as flappers singing some cornball thing about "Pat my back big daddy") with the story and the characters the gang played were great. Al as The Bear - "give him a hug", Fonzie as "Spats", Ralph as "Purvis the jumpy assistant DA", Potsie as ...what was he again?, Mr C as the owner of the speak-easy., Mrs C as his puritannical drum-beating wife, and Joanie as their daughter....

It really looked like they had a lot of fun doing this episode, it had some funny parts, i should gets some quotes, if i have time.
Old 10-13-2003, 12:28 AM   #64
wayne

I always have liked this one, but the show ends with Uncle Joe giving Rich a cookie. But I know there's a scene that comes later that I haven't seen since the show was on. It's where a piece of pie is missing & Joe asks Howard how it was, & he says it was delicious. Also, Joe explains that his family moved west with no husband, & Joannie asks how that was possible. the show really ends where Uncle Joe reveals he is teaching a new dance-the tango. Don't you just hate it when the network deletes parts of show to fit commercials in? I wish someday there could be a HD special that could contain some deleted scenes.

I think Potsie was "pretty boy" & Rich played the DA who closed a speakeasy owned by someone who looked a lot like Howard.
Old 10-13-2003, 12:30 AM   #65
wayne

p.s. does someone have the deleted scene by chance? Maybe there's a way to download it so the rest of us can watch it.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:05 AM   #66
animalcrackers

Pretty good episode. Then they throw in a twist, Spats being a undercover agent for the F.B.I. I bet they did have fun with this episode, by getting to play different characters.
Old 10-13-2003, 01:18 PM   #67
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
Originally posted by animalcrackers
Pretty good episode. Then they throw in a twist, Spats being a undercover agent for the F.B.I. I bet they did have fun with this episode, by getting to play different characters.
i agree - i love the ones where they play different characters - as long as they don't turn it into one of those "musical" episodes, that whole thing was a bad idea. The problem was that musicals were sorta popular around that time (Grease, I don't even want to think about any after that one) so I assume that the producers felt that they HAD to do a few musical episodes, even if most of the HD cast weren't really very musiical/singing/dancing inclined...

and sad to say wayne, but I know that I don't have any special deleted scenes, and we probablay wont ever see them unless HD comes out on DVD...
Old 10-14-2003, 11:40 AM   #68
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

#159 - Hot Stuff & #160 - The New Arnold's

This 2-parter is a pretty important milestone in the series, it marks a change in the look and feel of the show. When I see the episodes with the new Arnold's I think of KC, Jenny Piccalo, Joanie with the poodle-doo, Chachi's bandana, Roger and (blech) Flip. The episodes were pretty good, but the jokes got dragged down by the seriousness of the plot at times.

My fav part was Fonzie and Al destroying the cake arguing over where everything should go and Fonzie's exit: "I'm not leaving without my table!!!" *grabs handful of cake and storms out*

Important point that I noticed - the whole argument about whether to rename the place "Fonzie's" or "Big Al's" was instigated by Potsie!!! - hmmmmmm....
Old 10-14-2003, 03:48 PM   #69
animalcrackers

Chachi was irresponisible throwing his apron like that. Boy was Fonzie ticked. I do like what they did to the girls bathroom, really nice. In the guys bathroom, did they keep the 'air dryer'? I don't remember seeing it too much. Fonzie's 'office' was cool. It was sweet of Al. And the spatula was a sweet gift from Fonzie to Al. Times were changing, a 60's look for Arnold's. New characters, some forgettable and new looks.
Old 10-15-2003, 03:32 AM   #70
wayne

Here's a bit of fanfic for ya... What would become of Arnolds? would it still exist today? Maybe it still could be a restaurant. Perhaps a business office. Maybe a residence? What do you think? I can only imagine how different it might look. What was Arnolds address again? Someplace on Lake Drive according to "Ritchie Branches out."
Old 10-15-2003, 08:50 AM   #71
animalcrackers

Quote:
Here's a bit of fanfic for ya... What would become of Arnolds? would it still exist today? Maybe it still could be a restaurant. Perhaps a business office. Maybe a residence? What do you think? I can only imagine how different it might look. What was Arnolds address again? Someplace on Lake Drive according to "Ritchie Branches out."

Well in my world Arnold's would still be Arnold's. I would have made it into a diner. Here where I live diner's are very popular. We have alot. 50's and 60's music would still be playing on a jukebox.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:21 AM   #72
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

#157 - Ah Wilderness

the one where the guys go on a camping vacation and Ritchie wants to be the leader....

I liked this one a lot.... lots of jokes, change of scenery, new characters - I just noticed that Ralph's date, the retainer-bound, lisping Susie Simmons was played by Julie Brown, who starred in a bunch of hilarious movies, including Earth Girls Are Easy !! - of course, Ralph ran over her when he saw the bear...

Potsie had some good ones in there too, forgetting the matches and the can opener -
Fonzie: "You know that we're gonna open them with your forehead?" (the cans)

Why does Ritchie get so power-mad when he gets his hands on a whistle? I can understand him feeling competitive with the Fonz, but the decisions he made were really sort of bad, and the whistle was destined to be his downfall

your thoughts?
Old 10-15-2003, 10:37 AM   #73
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
that almost sounds like a "Sanford Arms" or 704 Hauser Street, the spinoff that was based on the house that the Bunkers lived in on "All In The Family" ....

I'd hate to see Arnold's as anything but a restaurant... and the best idea that I'd like to see with it would be a retro-style 50's diner - what could be more fitting?

I'd watch that (that doesn't say a lot though does it )
Old 10-16-2003, 03:33 AM   #74
wayne

Here's an observation about "Ah Wilderness": Rich enters the house obviously in pain from the limp caused by Fonzie throwing a rock at him. How can Rich be much of a help unloading any truck with a bad leg? It seems a bit inhumane of the Fonz to insist on Rich's help. Sure Rich wasn't used to being a leader & didn't know anything about tents & should have brought food along. But Fonz did apologize, in a way, for not being good followers & saying Rich might have a been a better leader.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:45 AM   #75
animalcrackers

Another one of my favorite episodes. It cracked my up every time Richie wanted to 'rally' everyone up by blowing the whistle. Very funny. Potsie and his girlfriend, I could have smacked everytime the 'ahhh' each other when they thought one of them was bringing the matches or can opener. I did feel sorry for Richie, he wanted to be the leader instead of Fonzie. He did get carried away, but he ended up doing a pretty good job. I thought too that it was a bit mean of Fonzie to insist the Richie help out with the unloading. Gee the poor guy gets his foot bruised and he had to walk 12 miles around trip getting supplies. Give him a break.

Last edited by animalcrackers : 10-16-2003 at 09:17 AM.