Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

2017 Thanksgiving TV Marathons on TV This Holiday Weekend
Fox Midseason 2018 Schedule Has New Comedy; Remembering David Cassidy
CBS Gives 9JKL More Episodes; Remembering Della Reese of Touched by an Angel, Chico and the Man
COZI TV's 4th Annual Holidozi Schedule; Remembering Ann Wedgeworth and Earle Hyman
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-06-2003, 02:27 PM   #46
wayne

I meant to say that A potsie is born was made after Ralph's family problems, though it was shown on tv before. Sorry about that!
Old 10-07-2003, 10:18 AM   #47
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
Originally posted by wayne
I've always wondered if "Father & Son" might have been a sequel of sorts to "Burlesque." The reason I say that is because at the end of "Burlesque" Howard learns that he will be installed as the Grand Poopah of his lodge. However, in Father & Son the installatation actually takes place. I always have liked Burlesque, though some have criticised it. I thought Irv Benson was very funny. I notice he was on Johnny Carson a few times. Did he pass away later? I don't remember him on tv besides HD & the tonight show.

Irv: By the way the girl is crazy about me. You know she knocked on my door for 4 hours & I finally had to let her out! He's talking about Cassandra Peterson who we know as Elvira.
that was Cassandra Peterson?!? wow - good catch - i didnt even notice at all (and you would think that i woulda the way i was staring )

I know i've seen Irv Bensoin on some other older shows, but i dont remember what.....
Old 10-07-2003, 10:25 AM   #48
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

#152 - King Richie's Big Night

Richie gets crowned king of the Delta Gammas (?) at the Alpha Tau Omega fraternity, but when Bullfrog slips something in his drink, he turns on all of his friends....

I thought this was a pretty good ep - they played a couple of good songs (Hello, Mary Lou, and Let's Twist Again) had a good story and a couple of good jokes.

A few of my fav parts:
  • Ralph and Potsie yelling "fix! fix!" after Richie wins...
  • when richie comes home in his underwear - with FLIPPERS!!
  • Marion: " Now you see why its so important to always wear clean underwear!"
  • Bullfrog stuck in the pooltable
  • Richie's head stuck in the cup
Old 10-07-2003, 10:33 AM   #49
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

I did think that Richie's "freakout" was kinda a little unrealistic.... i mean we have no idea what was slipped in his drink, but it wasnt even 2 minutes before it hit, and I still can't believe that Ralph and Potsie didn't grab him and stop him there; if it were one of my friends acting like that I'd know SOMETHING was wrong and get him outta there
Old 10-07-2003, 04:09 PM   #50
wayne

Rich had no idea the next day that anything had happened the night before. I know some pills can affect one's memory. The highlight for me was when he aplogized to his friends for what happened anyway. His friends apologized too & didn't need an explanation. That's true friendship! I'm not sure if I would have that kind of faith in a friend like that. Fonzie really straightened things out in this one & should have smashed Bullfrog's face into the side pocket, but was too cool for that.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:08 AM   #51
animalcrackers

That's one of my favorite episodes. Potsie and Ralph or even Lori Beth should have realized he acted a little strange, they should have thought Richie wasn't acting right. Ah and Fonzie, what a friend. He handled the situation, as usual. And Richie's head getting stuck in the trophy, what a embarassment. But it was funny. I missed that episode. I can't watch much of HD anymore, so it's mainly from memory.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:07 AM   #52
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

i forgot to mention it for the Potsie/Anson Williams lovers out there...

in #152, Potsie sings "Hello, Mary -Lou" and "Let's Twist Again"

and on a side note they once again mention that the year is 1961.... i think they were building us up for the shock to come:
Old 10-08-2003, 10:12 AM   #53
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

#151 - Joanie Busts Out

(hey - i just put my comments here in the order that I see them- which is the order WGN shows them )

this is the one where Joanie decides she has to prove that shes not a kid anymore.... so she goes to model for the photographer that Chachi works for ....the NUDE photographer

i loved this ep - Ralph and Potsie were hilarious, Richie was nuts, and the Fonz played it cool !!!

The important trivia note here is that this is the episode with the "new Joanie" - in the middle of this episode is when she gets the poodle perm
Old 10-08-2003, 05:22 PM   #54
tiff7
wdwdisneylandnut4life

Send a message via AIM to tiff7 Send a message via Yahoo to tiff7

I like that 1 too. I like all the HD episodes! What does Joanie say 2 Chachi when she comes into Arnold's? I liked Joanie's hair. I think the funniest part of the 1 where Richie gets drunk (#152) & asks Chachi 4 a drink & he pours his drink into Richie's pocket. LOL for both. Speaking of 152, doesn't it remind you of the episode of "Three's Company" where Jack (John Ritter) gets something in his drink & he says "swing w/me mama" or something like that. That episode's really funny. Those flippers are funny. How 'bout the episode where Richie, Fonz, Laverne & Shirley (their 1st episode) go 2 Richie's house & he tore his pants & knocked over the lamp. I luv the girls. The one where they go camping & run into L&S & Carmine, Edna, Frank, Lenny & Squiggy. & the other camping episode where Richie blows the whistle & drivers Fonz crazy. & the 1 where Fonz, Chachi, Roger & Potsie go to the place after Fonz & Ashley broke up & C, R & P get locked inside. Makes me think of another "Three's Company" episode where Jack & mr. Furley (Don Knotts) get locked in the freezer-it also happened to Greg & Bobby on "The Brady Bunch"

Tiff
Old 10-09-2003, 10:05 AM   #55
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

#156 - Here Comes The Bride Again

The kids want to hold a second wedding ceremony for Howard and Marion's 25th anniversary

This ep was GREAT!!! soo many hilarious parts - and it sorta reminded me of the last episode, with the wedding and all...

I loved the part when Howard is getting ready to propose and the Fonz tells everyone to get in the bathrooms, then when theyre alone in the dark and Howard is trying to talk, Ralph comes in and keeps interrupting them

The wedding guys - Cross and Crawford who don't listen to any of the answers to their questions...
Richie: "what's that clown doing?"
Cross: "a cartwheel"
Crawford: "why dont you like clowns?"
Chachi: "you fired the clown - what's next - you beat up the tooth fairy?"

Mr Burqhart (the neighbor) *shakes fist* "I'm gonna fix your wagon!!"
Ralph and Potsie in their too small tuxedos....
Fire Fighter (with hose) *puts out fire in bathtub where hamburgers are badly burning as they barbeque*

Fonzie: "this is the strangest wedding I've ever been to"
Cross and Crawford: "thank you."

Trivia bits:
Howard's first visit into Fonzie's "office"
Elvis' "Now or Never" plays as the Fonz enters Arnold's

At the closing, the Fonz says "I hope that we're all still here 25 years from now when the C's do this again" - 25 years from the original airdate would be December 18th, 2004
Old 10-09-2003, 10:08 AM   #56
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
Originally posted by tiff7
I like that 1 too. I like all the HD episodes! What does Joanie say 2 Chachi when she comes into Arnold's? I liked Joanie's hair. I think the funniest part of the 1 where Richie gets drunk (#152) & asks Chachi 4 a drink & he pours his drink into Richie's pocket. LOL for both. Speaking of 152, doesn't it remind you of the episode of "Three's Company" where Jack (John Ritter) gets something in his drink & he says "swing w/me mama" or something like that. That episode's really funny. Those flippers are funny. How 'bout the episode where Richie, Fonz, Laverne & Shirley (their 1st episode) go 2 Richie's house & he tore his pants & knocked over the lamp. I luv the girls. The one where they go camping & run into L&S & Carmine, Edna, Frank, Lenny & Squiggy. & the other camping episode where Richie blows the whistle & drivers Fonz crazy. & the 1 where Fonz, Chachi, Roger & Potsie go to the place after Fonz & Ashley broke up & C, R & P get locked inside. Makes me think of another "Three's Company" episode where Jack & mr. Furley (Don Knotts) get locked in the freezer-it also happened to Greg & Bobby on "The Brady Bunch"

Tiff
I loved the one where they went camping - but I keep missing it when they run it in syndication!!!

I doo remember the Brady Bunch and 3's Company eps with the freezer....
Old 10-09-2003, 12:27 PM   #57
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
Originally posted by robyrob
#156 - Here Comes The Bride Again

The wedding guys - Cross and Crawford who don't listen to any of the answers to their questions...

OK - i was curious about the "special guest stars"...

"The Bob and Ray" radio show, from 1951 to 1953, starred Elliott and his long time sidekick Ray Goulding. Elliott appeared on a number of other television programs including "Happy Days", "Newhart" and "Bob & Ray, Jane, Laraine & Gilda" in 1979 (with Goudling, Jane Curtin, Laraine Newman and Gilda Radner).

In 1990, Elliott portrayed Fred Peterson in the Television series, "Get A Life", which starred his real life son Chris Elliott, who also played his son in the show.

their homepage - https://www.bobandray.com/
Old 10-09-2003, 02:51 PM   #58
wayne

I like the interview between Rich & Bob & Ray in which Rich sucks on a pillow! The ministers are always one step behind whatever Rich says. I laugh whenever I hear it.
Rich. We were thinking of 30-40 people in the back yard.
Bob- Do you have any idea how manhy guests will be coming?
Ray-that's an important question.
Old 10-10-2003, 11:11 AM   #59
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

#153 - the She-Devils

one of MY favorites (I know I say that a lot, but I was waiting for this episode for weeks!!)
Al gives Richie, Ralph and Potsie new jackets for the band, and they are - PLAID (on a side note: Al says that he has to go back out to the car to unlock the trunk because Clarence the cook's hand is stuck in it - is this the first mention of Clarence the cook?)
The She-Devils come into Arnold's to find nerds for their nerd-party contest, one of them sees the jackets: "Looks like a test-pattern"

Again Richie forgets about LoriBeth at the drop of a hat - although this time he tries to resist because she's only "gone for the weekend".

Some of my favorite lines:
Ralph: "Have you heard about my watchdog? I said attack - so he had one!"

Potsie: "Well hello, hello, hello - my name is Potsie Weber..."
Big Bertha: "NEXT!"

Richie: "Who do you have in that sack?"
Potsie: "Maybe it's Big Bertha's lunch"

Fonzie (as Artie): "is this a party? Did I miss the cake? I have to calm doown or I'll get a nosebleed"

Fonzie (as Artie): "I was collecting snails for my snail circus"

Fonzie (as Artie): (after tearing sink that Chachi is chained to off wall) "do I have to pay for this outta my milk money?"

Yep, as great as iI remembered it!!!
Old 10-10-2003, 11:28 AM   #60
Moonlight Lady
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by robyrob
#153 - the She-Devils

one of MY favorites (I know I say that a lot, but I was waiting for this episode for weeks!!)
Al gives Richie, Ralph and Potsie new jackets for the band, and they are - PLAID (on a side note: Al says that he has to go back out to the car to unlock the trunk because Clarence the cook's hand is stuck in it - is this the first mention of Clarence the cook?)
The She-Devils come into Arnold's to find nerds for their nerd-party contest, one of them sees the jackets: "Looks like a test-pattern"

Again Richie forgets about LoriBeth at the drop of a hat - although this time he tries to resist because she's only "gone for the weekend".

Some of my favorite lines:
Ralph: "Have you heard about my watchdog? I said attack - so he had one!"

Potsie: "Well hello, hello, hello - my name is Potsie Weber..."
Big Bertha: "NEXT!"

Richie: "Who do you have in that sack?"
Potsie: "Maybe it's Big Bertha's lunch"

Fonzie (as Artie): "is this a party? Did I miss the cake? I have to calm doown or I'll get a nosebleed"

Fonzie (as Artie): "I was collecting snails for my snail circus"

Fonzie (as Artie): (after tearing sink that Chachi is chained to off wall) "do I have to pay for this outta my milk money?"

Yep, as great as iI remembered it!!!

I love that episode. Fonzie is hysterical as Artie.

I laugh my butt off everytime I watch that scene.