Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

CBS Gives 9JKL More Episodes; Remembering Della Reese of Touched by an Angel, Chico and the Man
COZI TV's 4th Annual Holidozi Schedule; Remembering Ann Wedgeworth and Earle Hyman
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-17-2003, 10:33 AM   #1
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Default Yesterday and today's episode

I just wanted to start a new random thread for thoughts anyone has about current episodes...
Yesterdays WGN episode #134 "Married as Strangers" - the one where Howard and Marion go on their second honeymoon, I noticed a couple of things:

When they get into the room (which says 235 on the door, contrary to the HD online episode guide) and comment on how it hasn't changed, and Marion starts talking about the view, and opens the curtains, Howard says "If you want a romantic view, we'll have to wait until the leaves fall"

The problem is the tree in the window is an evergreen which has no leaves.

I also tried to figure out what a "Stingray" is - the drink they ordered, just to see if it really gets served in a pineapple, but i can't find anything about a drink called a "Stingray" at all.
Old 09-17-2003, 10:38 AM   #2
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Todays WGN episode #137 - "Fonzie's Funeral -part 1" ,
this one was a classic episode with all the components that made it great, but it almost turns into a "jump the shark" moment in the series, this was the first time when I watched the series originally that I felt "cheated" and that they were stretching to fill in the storyline when they were writing it.

Did the Fonz get all blowed up? - it was reminescent of those serial movies they used to have in the 50's with the cliff-hanger endings every week.... maybe it was supposed to be some sort of tribute to that?
Old 09-17-2003, 06:17 PM   #3
YoliUSA
Fan of the Classics

Send a message via MSN to YoliUSA

Cool idea!

That episode(Fonzies Funeral) is one of my least favorite episodes. Its kind of silly. JMO
Old 09-18-2003, 09:58 AM   #4
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

OK - part 2 of "Fonzie's Funeral" I honestly thought that the best part was seeing the Laverne and Shirley gang, Squiggy was classic: "He was the nicest guy what ever beat me up."
Old 09-18-2003, 10:03 AM   #5
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Oh, and I didn't recognize it when I originally saw it, but Richard Moll - "Bull" from night court played one of the Candyman's henchmen. The Candyman looks familiar too, anybody know what else he was in?
Old 09-18-2003, 10:05 AM   #6
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Y'know, everytime I watch the show now, I am amazed at just how long the show opening is - if they were to cut it down for the syndication, they could probably stop cutting all those scenes out of the episodes - what does anyone else think?
Old 09-18-2003, 11:56 AM   #7
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Tomorrow's WGN ep (right now that's all I can get), "The Duel" - this one was bad if i remember it correctly, wasn't it stereotypically offensive, blatantly insulting in the way it expected us to believe the Fonz could out-duel a world champion, and completely devoid of lucious Ralph and Potsie hilarity?

Well, tune in tomorrow kids and we'll see...
Old 09-18-2003, 02:00 PM   #8
animalcrackers

Quote:
Originally posted by robyrob
Tomorrow's WGN ep (right now that's all I can get), "The Duel" - this one was bad if i remember it correctly, wasn't it stereotypically offensive, blatantly insulting in the way it expected us to believe the Fonz could out-duel a world champion, and completely devoid of lucious Ralph and Potsie hilarity?

That's where I have a problem with The Fonz, whether he's fencing, water skiing, riding a bull, it's really hard to believe he was that good on his first try at these sports. I mean to beat experts, come on! Hey, but I still love my Fonzie. But, please!
Old 09-19-2003, 03:41 AM   #9
wayne

Default The Dual

I always wondered if that Patrick guy who played Jacques was really from France, but an American who imitated a French accent, but really was from California.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:00 AM   #10
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Default Re: The Dual

Quote:
Originally posted by wayne
I always wondered if that Patrick guy who played Jacques was really from France, but an American who imitated a French accent, but really was from California.
That accent was SOOO phoney - right from the start you can tell; the frnch use a silent "H" so when Jacques says "I was blessed with a superior sense of HHum-aire" he shoulda said it like "oyuu -- maire"
Old 09-19-2003, 11:03 AM   #11
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Default Re: Re: The Dual

Quote:
That accent was SOOO phoney - right from the start you can tell; the frnch use a silent "H" so when Jacques says "I was blessed with a superior sense of HHum-aire" he shoulda said it like "oyuu -- maire"
He shoulda been takin' lessons from Jacques "you can't fire me - je suis coach du Les Habitues des Canadiens!!!" Lemaire !!!!
Old 09-19-2003, 11:06 AM   #12
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
Originally posted by animalcrackers
That's where I have a problem with The Fonz, whether he's fencing, water skiing, riding a bull, it's really hard to believe he was that good on his first try at these sports. I mean to beat experts, come on! Hey, but I still love my Fonzie. But, please!
Yeah the Fonz actually says "I dated a Fencing teacher ONCE"

I guess with the belt thing - i was confused, I remembered thinking the Fonz saying he got a black belt in something - i just never thought that it was for fencing!!!

Also shouldn't they have had fencing mats/lights/point-keepers(or the scorekeepers, whatever I'm not a fencing fan)
Old 09-19-2003, 11:39 AM   #13
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:

You know it wasn't that bad of an episode, but there were a lot of stupid goof-ups, and stuff that didn't make sense:
  • Why does the Fonz need to put on the jacket for the duel? wouldn't it make motion difficult?
  • why does the college fencing guy Fred Brill not referee the Fonz's duel instead of Al? we know that Fred is there - he was sitting on the far left in the 3rd row, and he's the one that hands them the sabers... for that matter who's watching Arnold's - Potsie?
  • the whole switching places helmet thing - this had to be the only time we see the Fonz carry a helmet into Arnolds
  • you can clearly see Fonzie's hair and the back of his head in the fencing mask - was Jacques obnoxious AND retarded?
  • at the end of the duel when Richie comes up to congratulate the Fonz those jeans he's wearing look kinda long and baggy on him - wait a minute those are the much shorter Fonz's jeans ?
  • that black T-shirt the Fonz wears, I don't like it. When did he switch from white to black shirts anyways?

I miss the earlier EP's when Arnold's was a DRIVE-IN and they ate outside in their cars...
Old 09-19-2003, 03:57 PM   #14
wayne

My understanding was because Henry Winkler had gained weight & a black t-shirt made him look thinner.
Old 09-21-2003, 10:20 AM   #15
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

#140 - Chachi's Incredo-wax

This was a great one!!! KingIstillgotitJack and I were rofl about all the goofy stuff that wax did- this was prolly my fav episode for chachi (that and the one where he was selling ties)

Potsie as Buckwheat, Potsie in the Ten-gallon hat, Potsie with the moofed-up munster hair - how could you beat that!?!

The only part I didn't like was that this was the episode where they decided to let Al be the piano player - I always get ticked off when I see people pretend to play an instrument, and Al and his "whirliing dervish" was just retarded. Al was good as the Sheik .... but when they started talkin about the "foreign investor" my heart skipped a beat thinking maybe they were gonna bring Arnold back as a "special guest star" - BAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!