Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-28-2003, 10:02 PM   #46
solidchristian_88
Frequent Poster

You know...this really brings up an intresting question. What exactly *is* Fonzie's fighting style? I'm sure he dosen't have any one spifficic trained style of fighting...but it brings up question like...What's Fonzie's primary attack in fighting? There's a few hints that he punches more then anything...the refrenced fightscenes as well as the post-rumble scene when there's a reununion of "The Falcons" and Fonzie is talking to one of the members after they got into a rumble with their old rivels...it's hinted from the scrapes on his hands that he punches more then anything else.

Still...it seems that he has a habbit of grabing people by their shirts when he's threatening them. Could be he holds on to someone while he beats on them? Could explane why someone so small is so greatly feared? Also...wouldn't it make more sence for him to *kick* a little more? Those boots would have to hurt with enough force behind them...
Old 09-29-2003, 02:33 AM   #47
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

While its fresh in my mind... in the "Fonzie meets the Kat" ep, there is a part where the two of them trade off displaying different holds/nerve pinches on Ralph, so the Fonz definately knows some Eastern/Martial Arts influenced moves, and,
in all of the fight scenes that I can recall, the Fonz's greatest asset seems to be dodging his opponents moves - he never seems to actually get hit, and winds up tiring out his opponents.before he needs to resort to any punching or direct physical attacks of any kind.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:16 AM   #48
The Modfather
Forum Veteran
It Sure Does

Quote:
Originally posted by GeeBee
I doubt if it was fear because Fonzie wrestled him down when Richie tried to do it again.

BTW, Richie became a good fighter because of training in the Army. I wonder if we were supposed to believe that Ralph Malph did too.

I know, i was about to say that
Old 09-29-2003, 10:00 AM   #49
sinatrastar
Indian Summer

I think Fonz's jacket was bullet proof.
Old 09-29-2003, 06:23 PM   #50
solidchristian_88
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by sinatrastar
I think Fonz's jacket was bullet proof.

Then why did he wear it so as it left the middle of his chest exposed? Was he so worried about getting shot in the shoulder it didn't occur to him to protect his heart?

Sorry, little miss logic strikes agian.

Oh yeah, and thanks for the info about The Fonz's fighting style. Unfortuntly, he might need a diffrent stragity if he was protecting someone. (Yeah, I know, I just want the info for a fanfiction. Bad bad bad me.)
Old 09-30-2003, 08:44 AM   #51
sinatrastar
Indian Summer

No - if someone had a gun in front of him he could see it and take the appropriate defensive actions. However he needed it to keep his back and sides safe. And if there was ever a gun fight he simply zipped up. Don't let little miss logic fool you, she is a wh#&^
Old 09-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #52
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Default Happy Days Glove Story

Did they ever show Fonzie punch someone on the show? A: Yes but it was only once.
Only because it was out of necessity so it was needed as self defense for Chachi. As mentioned before, they implied and off camera had Fonz punching and beating guys up but never showed it because this is a family show. BUT in.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ1ujsTgQQE#t=2m52s
Click on the link to watch it.
Season 11 Episode 235 "Glove Story" Tired of Fonzie treating him as a kid, Chachi enters a boxing tournament to try to earn some respect. But when Chachi breaks his hand practicing, he tries to keep it a secret. He is trapepd in the ring being beaten up unmerciful, and even after the towel is thrown in the guy continues to pound him. Fonz has to step in and this is the ONLY time you will see Fonzie ON SCREEN hitting someone.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:32 PM   #53
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
Originally Posted by antman67
Did they ever show Fonzie punch someone on the show? A: Yes but it was only once.
Only because it was out of necessity so it was needed as self defense for Chachi. As mentioned before, they implied and off camera had Fonz punching and beating guys up but never showed it because this is a family show. BUT in.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ1ujsTgQQE#t=2m52s
Click on the link to watch it.
Season 11 Episode 235 "Glove Story" Tired of Fonzie treating him as a kid, Chachi enters a boxing tournament to try to earn some respect. But when Chachi breaks his hand practicing, he tries to keep it a secret. He is trapepd in the ring being beaten up unmerciful, and even after the towel is thrown in the guy continues to pound him. Fonz has to step in and this is the ONLY time you will see Fonzie ON SCREEN hitting someone.
no - they also showed it when the Fonz punched Howard in episode #245- Like Mother, Like Daughter (1/24/84)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XGGX6SOYSk its at about 6:30
Old 09-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #54
MikeL
Mike Lutton Dvd Legond!

what about the episode called the people vs the fonz they are talking about him hitting that one kid and threw him in the room it was a Lie though but does anyone else remember that episode
Old 09-18-2012, 01:38 AM   #55
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeL
what about the episode called the people vs the fonz they are talking about him hitting that one kid and threw him in the room it was a Lie though but does anyone else remember that episode
yeah - but that was just someone's "version" of the story, it didn't really happen
Old 09-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #56
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyrob
no - they also showed it when the Fonz punched Howard in episode #245- Like Mother, Like Daughter (1/24/84)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XGGX6SOYSk its at about 6:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XGGX6SOYSk#t=6m30s
Wow, that is weird? I didn't know about that one.

Last edited by antman67 : 09-19-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:13 PM   #57
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x27...someone_people
I put together the 2 clips showing Fonz actually throwing a punch and hitting someone.
s11 ep06 Glove Story (punching out a boxer in self defense for Chiachi)
s11 ep12 Like Mother Like Daughter (punching Mr.C)

Bonus+
s8e p21 - Mother And Child Reunion (off screen fight)
s07 Ep03 - Fonzie Meets Kat (throwing a guy over a bar)
s4ep83 Happy Days Joanie's Weird Boyfriend (kicking someone in the face)

Like everyone said, it was a family show so they did not want to show people being hit by the Fonz.
https://vimeo.com/108055811

On Happy Days they NEVER or RARELY EVER showed Fonzie hitting or punching someone because it was considered to be a family show.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:58 PM   #58
Mood Ring
Forum Regular

I always thought the motley crew from "Knock Around The Block" looked pretty tough. This is probably my most favorite Fonz saves the day episode. "Alright gentlemen, help yourself to some cue sticks here"

Old 10-13-2014, 07:43 AM   #59
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Default Knock around the block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mood Ring
I always thought the motley crew from "Knock Around The Block" looked pretty tough. This is probably my most favorite Fonz saves the day episode. "Alright gentlemen, help yourself to some cue sticks here"

I TOTALLY AGREE with you 100% here's the video clip of it:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xu7...ock_shortfilms
This is the FIRST ULTRA-COOL Realistic Fonz situation where he saves the day with a tough crew to back him up.
FIRST Time saves the day.
FIRST Time he hits something (pre-jukebox) and free soda
I Loved this scene TOO!
Old 10-25-2014, 06:15 PM   #60
FonzForever
Forum Regular
A classic

The other thing was he they DID repeatedly show how strong he was which definitely helped explained why he was feared. There was was also another fight on camera, no punches but it showed not some actual skill (fonz blocking an attack, not just dodging) and Fonz then bending a metal claw with his bare hands.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWtkpDWZ6hY