Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery


Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password


Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute
ABC Faves Head to Hulu; SMILF Gets 2nd Season on Showtime
CBS Orders Full Seasons of Sophomore Sitcoms; Desperate Housewives Star Heads to Dynasty
Two and a Half Men Heads to Nick at Nite; WE tv Acquires Criminal Minds


New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-27-2003, 01:08 PM   #1
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,368
Default Richie was in Two Fights on Happy Days but I never saw Fonzie fight

anyone but was considered to be so COOL!!!! If Fonzie was in a fight please let me know what episode because I don't remember ever seeing him fight no one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 01:37 PM   #2
*Shelle*
Frequent Poster
I Love Pipa!
 
*Shelle*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 21, 2003
Posts: 218
Default

The only person I ever remember actually seeing Fonz hit was Howard. (Howard was facing the other way and Fonzie thought he was a low life older guy who was dating Joanie). In Mother and Child Reunion, Fonzie asks a trucker to step outside, and when they do you don't actually see what happens but when the two come back in the trucker passes out cold and Fonzie's fine. It is implied that Fonzie hit him. Other than that, I can only remember Fonzie acting tough and the other guy usually backs down. Although during that fight in the gym (which was acutally Richie's fight where he asked Fonz not to step in) Fonzie did some weird flying kick to some guy's chest I believe.
__________________
www.angelfire.com/ma4/somegirl
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 01:42 PM   #3
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,368
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by *Shelle*
The only person I ever remember actually seeing Fonz hit was Howard. (Howard was facing the other way and Fonzie thought he was a low life older guy who was dating Joanie). In Mother and Child Reunion, Fonzie asks a trucker to step outside, and when they do you don't actually see what happens but when the two come back in the trucker passes out cold and Fonzie's fine. It is implied that Fonzie hit him. Other than that, I can only remember Fonzie acting tough and the other guy usually backs down. Although during that fight in the gym (which was acutally Richie's fight where he asked Fonz not to step in) Fonzie did some weird flying kick to some guy's chest I believe.



I just watched that episode when Fonzie did some flying kick with Carmine from Laverne and Shirley. All they did was kick their feet up in the air-they never touched the REd Devils
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 04:06 PM   #4
¤I Love Clay Aiken¤
Moderator
Forum Legend
MISS APRIL
 
¤I Love Clay Aiken¤'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 19, 2001
Location: Parsonsfield ME Shaws - Screwing my way up the employment ladder!
Posts: 68,712
Send a message via AIM to ¤I Love Clay Aiken¤ Send a message via Yahoo to ¤I Love Clay Aiken¤
Default

I think they didnt want to show Fonzie fight:

1.) because the network was already weary of his 'gang appeal and toughness' and didnt want to act out on it.
2.) he was a role model to kids.
__________________
DAVID COOK FOR AMERICAN IDOL
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 08:46 PM   #5
*Shelle*
Frequent Poster
I Love Pipa!
 
*Shelle*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 21, 2003
Posts: 218
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sitcom Analyzer
I just watched that episode when Fonzie did some flying kick with Carmine from Laverne and Shirley. All they did was kick their feet up in the air-they never touched the REd Devils

Oh yeah, that's right. So does that mean the only person we ever actually saw Fonzie hit during the history of the show was Howard ??? That's pretty funny.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 08:55 PM   #6
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,368
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by *Shelle*
Oh yeah, that's right. So does that mean the only person we ever actually saw Fonzie hit during the history of the show was Howard ??? That's pretty funny.



That's what it means
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 09:09 PM   #7
Pat
Senior Member
Member
 
Pat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 11, 2000
Location: 2Trivia4Me, VA
Posts: 2,714
Default Fight the fight

How about the episode were Fonzie fights a guy at the diner that he believes he found his mother at. He fought a trucker in that episode but is was off camera in the kitchen. Then the trucker comes out and then falls to the ground.

If you're taling about punch for punch, as mentioned above, Fonzie does punch out Howard in the episode where Joanie is dating Marion's ex.

When Fonzie is acting dean at the school, he is at a hearing at the school whether he punched out the studend or not. Through one of the points of view, Fonzie punches out a student. But that was just filmed for that person's perspective on the way it happened.

When Chachi is boxing to impress Fonzie and breaks his hand when someone opens a door where Chachi is shadow boxing, during the fight, the towel is thrown in but Chachi's apponent won't stop, so Fonzie jumps into the ring and knocks the guy out in one punch.

Off camera again, Fonzie went out into the parking lot and cleaned Bernie's clock in the episode where the shrink suggests that Fonzie build birdhouses to work out his agressions.
__________________
Frasier: "Don't stare at me Eddie. I'm a humane man, but right now I could kick a kitten through an electric fan!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 09:13 PM   #8
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,368
Default Re: Fight the fight

Quote:
Originally posted by Pat
How about the episode were Fonzie fights a guy at the diner that he believes he found his mother at. He fought a trucker in that episode but is was off camera in the kitchen. Then the trucker comes out and then falls to the ground.

If you're taling about punch for punch, as mentioned above, Fonzie does punch out Howard in the episode where Joanie is dating Marion's ex.

When Fonzie is acting dean at the school, he is at a hearing at the school whether he punched out the studend or not. Through one of the points of view, Fonzie punches out a student. But that was just filmed for that person's perspective on the way it happened.

When Chachi is boxing to impress Fonzie and breaks his hand when someone opens a door where Chachi is shadow boxing, during the fight, the towel is thrown in but Chachi's apponent won't stop, so Fonzie jumps into the ring and knocks the guy out in one punch.

Off camera again, Fonzie went out into the parking lot and cleaned Bernie's clock in the episode where the shrink suggests that Fonzie build birdhouses to work out his agressions.




Like u said his fights were off camera most of the time
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 04:39 PM   #9
solidchristian_88
Frequent Poster
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 18, 2002
Posts: 65
Default

I can think of one "fight" Fonzie had that was on camra...but the whole thing is, Fonzie never touched the guy...and still won!

I don't remember the name of the eposode, but it's the one where that one guy comes back to get back at Fonzie for pushing him off the swing in second grade or something like that...Fonzie wants to fight him but he's given up fighting...so instead he just dodges until the guy gets tired, lets him have one shot at him and gets knocked through the window...then walks back in without a scrach.

I remember it because it's one of my favrete eposodes and the only time I've ever actully *seen* Fonzie fight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 04:41 PM   #10
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,368
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by solidchristian_88
I can think of one "fight" Fonzie had that was on camra...but the whole thing is, Fonzie never touched the guy...and still won!

I don't remember the name of the eposode, but it's the one where that one guy comes back to get back at Fonzie for pushing him off the swing in second grade or something like that...Fonzie wants to fight him but he's given up fighting...so instead he just dodges until the guy gets tired, lets him have one shot at him and gets knocked through the window...then walks back in without a scrach.

I remember it because it's one of my favrete eposodes and the only time I've ever actully *seen* Fonzie fight.




Fonzie still was never in a real tussle like richie. So he wasn't that cool to me
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 11:05 AM   #11
robyrob
Moderator
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3
 
robyrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 03, 2003
Location: hiding under the third booth at Arnold's
Posts: 54,445
Default Re: Richie was in Two Fights on Happy Days but I never saw Fonzie fight

Quote:
Originally posted by Sitcom Analyzer
anyone but was considered to be so COOL!!!! If Fonzie was in a fight please let me know what episode because I don't remember ever seeing him fight no one.
At the beginning of the episode where Chachi enters the city boxing championship (#239- Glove Story), the Fonz "rumbles" with the Bondini brothers - mostly he just grabs their arms and rolls backwards and flips them, then they hang their heads in shame and say that they will get him next year. (kinda pathetic, I know)
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 03:21 PM   #12
CollegeGirl
Senior Member
Spike Loves Buffy
 
CollegeGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 07, 2002
Location: Sunnydale: The Land of The Vamps, Monsters, And Things That Go Bump
Posts: 1,515
Default

Hmmm....didn't Fonzie fight in the ep where Kat Mandu comes to town? I remember Father Delvecchio asked him not to fight until a certain time, but afterwards, I was thinking Fonzie fought those creepy guys.

I was thinking there were some shots of Fonzie with his gang kicking @$$ somewhere.....

I think what made Fonzie cool, was that he didn't have to fight. Everyone knew his reputation and didn't risk getting him worked up enough to fight. He was confident enough with who he was not to have to fight someone who didn't want to fight him (that would have made him a bully and hated-- rather than adored-- by millions). His whole persona served as a role model to kids, and the execs didn't want to push that fighting was cool. Now, Richie had to stand up for himself because a) he would be a coward if someone else (Fonzie) fought all his battles, and b) he would be a coward if he continually allowed others to push him around. The show's just making 2 very distinct points as illustrated by the characters of Richie and Fonzie. So, I don't know if it's fair to label one as cooler than the other, though opinions will certainly fluctuate.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 04:58 PM   #13
Pat
Senior Member
Member
 
Pat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 11, 2000
Location: 2Trivia4Me, VA
Posts: 2,714
Default Correct-a-mundo

Quote:
Originally posted by CollegeGirl
Hmmm....didn't Fonzie fight in the ep where Kat Mandu comes to town? I remember Father Delvecchio asked him not to fight until a certain time, but afterwards, I was thinking Fonzie fought those creepy guys.

I was thinking there were some shots of Fonzie with his gang kicking @$$ somewhere.....

I think what made Fonzie cool, was that he didn't have to fight. Everyone knew his reputation and didn't risk getting him worked up enough to fight. He was confident enough with who he was not to have to fight someone who didn't want to fight him (that would have made him a bully and hated-- rather than adored-- by millions). His whole persona served as a role model to kids, and the execs didn't want to push that fighting was cool. Now, Richie had to stand up for himself because a) he would be a coward if someone else (Fonzie) fought all his battles, and b) he would be a coward if he continually allowed others to push him around. The show's just making 2 very distinct points as illustrated by the characters of Richie and Fonzie. So, I don't know if it's fair to label one as cooler than the other, though opinions will certainly fluctuate.


You're right. I don't remember which ep it was but there where some guys that were ready to fight the Fonz. Fonzie told the one guy that he saved his brother's life.
Fonzie: "I'm Arthur Fonzarelli. I saved your brother's life."
Guy: "How did you save my brother's life?"
Fonzie: "I stopped hitting him."
Guy: "Oh, that Arthur Fonzarelli."
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 10:42 PM   #14
CollegeGirl
Senior Member
Spike Loves Buffy
 
CollegeGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 07, 2002
Location: Sunnydale: The Land of The Vamps, Monsters, And Things That Go Bump
Posts: 1,515
Default Re: Correct-a-mundo

Quote:
Originally posted by Pat
You're right. I don't remember which ep it was but there where some guys that were ready to fight the Fonz. Fonzie told the one guy that he saved his brother's life.
Fonzie: "I'm Arthur Fonzarelli. I saved your brother's life."
Guy: "How did you save my brother's life?"
Fonzie: "I stopped hitting him."
Guy: "Oh, that Arthur Fonzarelli."



Yep , that was the ep where Roger became principal of Patton High and the students were harrassing him. Fonzie became super jealous that the school board hired Roger instead of him and spent the entire ep telling Roger how inadaquate he was. Then, just as a group of students were about to pound Roger in the end, Fonzie walked in and the kids scattered like hens.

BTW, we see Scott Baio's older brother in this ep. I think it's interesting how Patton High's "high school students" appear to be in their 30's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 10:33 AM   #15
robyrob
Moderator
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3
 
robyrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 03, 2003
Location: hiding under the third booth at Arnold's
Posts: 54,445
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by *Shelle*
Oh yeah, that's right. So does that mean the only person we ever actually saw Fonzie hit during the history of the show was Howard ??? That's pretty funny.
AND one whole lot of sorry jukeboxes...
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.