Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Golden Girls Central / The Golden Girls links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Golden Girls Photo Gallery

The Golden Girls - Season 1

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 1 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 2

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 2 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 3

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 3 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 4

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 4 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 5

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 5 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 6

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 6 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 7

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 7 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > The Golden Girls
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

TV Land Picks Up Hilary Duff, Sutton Foster Sitcom; Episodic Review: New Girl - "Big News" Airing Tonight on Fox
Maude Mother's Day Marathon on Logo; WE tv 2014 Upfront
Week 29 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: The Simpsons Comes to FXX in Style; New Fox MOD Releases; Welcome Back, Kotter on DVD?
Stephen Colbert to Take Over Late Show on CBS; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 14, 2014)
UP TV 2014 Upfront; TV Land Revives Candid Camera
The CW Schedules Sitcom This Summer from Online World; NBC's Comedy Playground Initiative: You Decide The Next Sitcom

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)

The Class - The Complete Series Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season Anger Management - Volume Three The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season Newhart - The Complete Third Season

04/01 - The Class - The Complete Series
04/01 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
04/01 - I Dream of Jeannie - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - Married with Children - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - NewsRadio - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/08 - Holliston - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/08 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
04/15 - Anger Management - Volume Three (Blu-ray)
04/15 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official First and Second Seasons
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season
04/22 - Newhart - The Complete Third Season
04/29 - Dynasty - The Eighth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-08-2003, 05:38 PM   #1
donaldshelton
Frequent Poster

Default Arnie vs. Miles

The same actor played Arnie and Miles. Both Arnie and Miles were boyfriends of Rose.

The question is, why did they change the character Arnie to Miles Weber? What happened to Arnie? What is the name of the actor, and is he related to Barbra Striesand's ex-husband? They both have the same last name. (I just can't remember it right now!!) (The memory is the second thing to go. What's the first? I forgot!!) Is the actor still alive?

Thanks for reading my post!!!

Old 06-08-2003, 05:49 PM   #2
IamGGFan
Forum Regular
Huge FH & GG Fan!!!!

Talking

Yes, as far as I know, Harold Gould is still alive. The last time I've seen him was on the TV Tales TGG show. He spoke on that show a little bit and such. I do know that Herb Edelman (Stan) is dead since 1996 (I think). I don't know the other answers to your questions though. But I hoped I helped some.
Old 06-08-2003, 06:24 PM   #3
*PinkLady*

I don't think Arnie and Miles were intended to be the same character, only changed. I think they just liked Gould as an actor and decided he'd be good as Rose's steady boyfriend, too.
Old 06-08-2003, 08:02 PM   #4
jayman75
I Love the 80s!

Check this post for more information

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...threadid=44154

The Golden Girls, The Facts of Life, Roseanne, Will and Grace, The Wonder Years, Burns and Allen, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Are You Being Served?, Family Guy, South Park, Designing Women, Dallas, The Twilight Zone, Original Scooby-Doo, Murphy Brown, The Big Bang Theory...

Talk to me about one of these shows, and I'm all yours...
Old 06-28-2003, 06:19 AM   #5
iloveTV
Forum Regular

This show seems to make a game out of re-hiring extras. I think it's just another thing that keeps me glued to it.