Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-19-2004, 07:13 AM   #91
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Default Re: I've ordered mine

Quote:
Originally posted by Pat
I've ordered from
Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...tvshowsondvdcom
It was $27 and change!!!
Oh, Happy Days!
i preordered mine too

i hope they replaced all of the scenes lost in syndication - it would be a ridiculous mess if they waited all this time to release it, and then did a half-assed job
Old 07-05-2004, 08:00 PM   #92
Steve's Roadhouse
Frequent Poster

I would hope that it's automatic that these episodes will be complete and uncut, as originally made. What would be the point otherwise. I'm really only interested in the first 2 seasons, shot on film with all the outdoor scenes.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:24 AM   #93
tiff7
wdwdisneylandnut4life

Send a message via AIM to tiff7 Send a message via Yahoo to tiff7

I prefer the later seasons (1977-1984) w/LB & Chachi, so I might not get s1 of HD. Maybe L&S if I can afford it-maybe I'll ask 4 it for Christmas.

Tiff7

P.S. Hi Topanga! How r u? Please private message (pm) me!
Old 07-12-2004, 10:51 AM   #94
BillyK
Frequent Poster

Default Re: Re: I've ordered mine

Quote:
Originally posted by robyrob
i preordered mine too

i hope they replaced all of the scenes lost in syndication - it would be a ridiculous mess if they waited all this time to release it, and then did a half-assed job

Not just that... but hopefully they'll release it with the original music. (ex. Bye Bye Love in the scene outside of Arnold's where Howard goes into Arnold's looking for Potsie and Richie in "The Lemon").

In the syndicated version of Happy Days some spots have "generic oldie music" in place of "real' songs. (ex. Bye Bye Love, You Send Me, Wake Up Litttle Suzie,etc).

I have Happy Days recorded from a while ago and it has different music than these "later" airings.

Other episodes that contain these songs are:

The Election episode (Eisenhower VS Stevenson) - opening during credits (Wake Up Little Suzie)

The one where Richie thinks he has Mono from kissing Fonzie's girlfriend : the scene where they are at Inspiration Point (You Send Me)

The Holloween episode where Ralph comes out of the coffin, then everyone comes out from hiding where Potsie says Happy Holloween -- (Bye Bye Love plays in background)

Same episode - when everyone is dancing and Ralph turns out the lights (they are dancing to You Send Me)

There are other places that I can't think of at the moment.
Old 07-13-2004, 05:38 PM   #95
fishbone
Frequent Poster

Does anyone happen to know if the DVD-set includes subtiles? If it does, which languages?
Old 08-03-2004, 09:52 AM   #96
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

Todd has done extensive reviews on Happy Days and Laverne & Shirley. Read them here:

Happy Days Season 1 Review:
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/happyd...1dvdreview.html

Laverne & Shirley Season 1 Review:
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/lavern...1dvdreview.html
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Old 08-03-2004, 12:52 PM   #97
Filipe
Occasional Poster

The cover and the box look nice.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:37 AM   #98
BillyK
Frequent Poster

One more day!!!
Old 08-17-2004, 04:40 PM   #99
FonzFan

Location: Jefferson, WI USA/ just around the corner from the home of HD: Milwaukee, WI

Today's the day! It's finally here!!!!!!!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll be sending Potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox." - Professor Severus Snape (HP and the Chamber of Secrets)
Old 08-17-2004, 05:43 PM   #100
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

So, are they any good. How's the video quality?? I'm guessing soundwise it's gonna be mono. No big whoof there - it's a '70s TV show, whaddya expect??
Old 09-02-2004, 03:23 AM   #101
Pat

Default OH Happy Day!

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Thong
So, are they any good. How's the video quality?? I'm guessing soundwise it's gonna be mono. No big whoof there - it's a '70s TV show, whaddya expect??

The DVDs are COOL, but they are lacking in any special features. The scenes that were removed for commercial spots have been added as well as other scenes never before seen on TV. Some of the episode seem like the same as on TV. Here is one shot never before seen on TV.

The picture below has Ralph working under his car, he's wearing a reed jacket and the person walking across the parking lot in blue is Richie, but check out the sign on the restaurant.
Attached Images

Old 10-20-2004, 06:55 PM   #102
fishbone
Frequent Poster

I got the DVD-box, I'm loving it and I'm drooling for more

Now let's all start pressuring Paramount to release the other seasons too as quickly as possible
Old 12-10-2004, 10:55 PM   #103
puppylove
Occasional Poster

Default I love happy days

hello i am a happy days fan if anybody has the dvd of the series, is the show itself uncut and showing deleted scence that was not shown on the syndicated versions. And in the first episode of ALL THE WAY are they shwing a scence which was cut out where richie and potsie arel on the field baseball field throwing the ball to each other, i saw a clip of that in two episodes where richie got hurt in the motorcycle accident and in the last episode where joanie and chachie got married later
Old 12-11-2004, 12:16 AM   #104
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Default Re: I love happy days

Quote:
Originally posted by puppylove
hello i am a happy days fan if anybody has the dvd of the series, is the show itself uncut and showing deleted scence that was not shown on the syndicated versions. And in the first episode of ALL THE WAY are they shwing a scence which was cut out where richie and potsie arel on the field baseball field throwing the ball to each other, i saw a clip of that in two episodes where richie got hurt in the motorcycle accident and in the last episode where joanie and chachie got married later
yes the dvd IS uncut, and it DOES have the scenes that arent shown in syndication.
Old 12-11-2004, 04:21 PM   #105
puppylove
Occasional Poster

Default Happy days dvd

Hi thank you so much for anwsering my question. But let me ask you this, in the vary first episode of ALL THE WAY are they actually
showing a scene where richie and postie are playing baseball on the field and tossing the baseball to each other? And who so ever posted a clip of the picture where ralph malph is looking underneath his car is cool, now i have never seen that in the syndication versions especailly the reruns that tv land is running.
When i run out and buy the dvd, i pray and hoped that paramount pictures has edited back the original lost footages that has been cut from the syndicated version, i hate when that happpens, i heard that when happy days ran many years ago, it was a 30 minute show which ran 25 minutes long, and now it is only 22 minutes. I hate that especially the way tv shows are shown now. Ihope season 2 comes out soon too. Let me asked you this one question, i noticed that whenever a classic show like happy days, which has been shown on its original telecast goes into syndication, they cut huges chunks of footages, but when a show comes on to the dvd, how do the company who owns the rights to the series, go back and edited back in the original scenes as well as the original music which has been replaced with generic music or whatever that is? Once again thanks again puppy love