Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-25-2003, 06:02 PM   #16
FonzForever
Forum Regular
A classic

Quote:
Originally posted by Topanga
I would love HD on DVD, I thought it would have been by now, since just about every other show is on DVD these days.

Wow, with all those extras, those DVD's would run into hundreds of dollars, that I wouldn't pay that much for even with all those extras.

TV Land does need to get it together, I hate when tv stations show shows out of order it's really annoying

Yes the $$$ would add up, but remember even if they are released it would be season by season. You wouldn't be buying them all at once.
Old 05-28-2003, 03:59 AM   #17
C Doody
Forum Legend
Captain Juke N Jive

Send a message via MSN to C Doody

I Think i know reason it hasnt been released yet. I Remember reading awhile back that WKRP Wouldnt be released on DVD Because of all the Music that was played on the radio station.

And of course you know, Their is alot of 50's Music on Happy Days. Especially in Arnolds

And i just dont think it would be the same if they dubbed oit all with Generic Music.
Old 05-28-2003, 01:23 PM   #18
Stormtracker TF
Forum Idol

Quote:
Originally posted by Chad Doody
I Think i know reason it hasnt been released yet. I Remember reading awhile back that WKRP Wouldnt be released on DVD Because of all the Music that was played on the radio station.

And of course you know, Their is alot of 50's Music on Happy Days. Especially in Arnolds

And i just dont think it would be the same if they dubbed oit all with Generic Music.
That's True! So I guess that it's better if we wait.
Old 05-31-2003, 11:59 AM   #19
FonzFan

Location: Jefferson, WI USA/ just around the corner from the home of HD: Milwaukee, WI
Thumbs up

WE WANT HD ON DVD! WE WANT HD ON DVD!

~*~FonzFan~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll be sending Potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox." - Professor Severus Snape (HP and the Chamber of Secrets)
Old 06-12-2003, 08:27 AM   #20
Pat

Post $$$

Okay, let's back up and punt. Let's say a company steps up to the plate and says, we can burn you 10 episodes on one DVD. Now if you're looking at the average DVD you're paying about $20 per DVD. Let's say this company has a DVD a month club for HD and drops the cost to about $15 or so per DVD if you subscribe to this club. Who can come up with $15 a month? It would take you about 2 years to get the entire series, but I'll bet between the change in your couch and the change on your dresser, you can come up with $15 a month.
Old 06-12-2003, 08:33 PM   #21
Pat

Exclamation Stand up for HD

King Chad Doody

Point taken, but what can you loose. Send one e-mail. If this idea is sitting dormid on someone's desk, it's doing us no good. If it's the music that is holding it up, we need to clear up this red tape by requesting the show. Put a fire under their feet.
Come on HD Fans - unite!
Old 06-15-2003, 03:55 AM   #22
Pat

Thumbs up Bravehearted Happy Days

I see a whole army of Happy Days Fans here on this board. It is time to take a stand and be heard.
What will you do with your free time?
Ei, e-mail Columbia House and ask for HD VHS and DVDs and you may be rejected.
Do it not, and you will save 15 to 20 seconds it would have taken you to send one e-mail.
And thirty years from now while you're lieing in your beds, what would you give from this day to that to return to this day and tell Columbia House, you may have All If The Family and Good Times on DVD and VHS, but you will not break our pride! WE WANT HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!
WE WANT HAPPY DAYS!!!
WE WANT HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!
WE WANT HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!!!!

If we accomplish nothing, let our voices be hear from every mountain peak that we stormed Columbia House with e-mails on this request. Let word get back to the cast and creators of Happy Days. Let them know that... WE STILL LOVE HAPPY DAYS!!!

E-mail Columbia House at video@columbiahouse.com

They say the more e-mail request for one show, the more Columbia House employees and effort is made to get that show on VHS and DVDs. If there is any red tape stopping this show from getting to VHS and DVD, let the fire under their feet be started with our countless e-mails.

Last edited by Pat : 06-15-2003 at 04:09 AM.
Old 06-15-2003, 04:00 AM   #23
Pat

Default Second e-mail to Columbia House

Dear sir or ma'am of Columbia House,
I am requesting Happy Days on DVD - the uncut versions. My friends on the message board at http://www.sitcomsonline.com/HappyDays.html and I are extremely interested in purchasing them. I have e-mailed to this e-mail address back in May.
If you could please inform us on the best way to make this happen, it would be most appreciated.
Should we begin a petition of names and e-mail addresses?
Should we direct this e-mail to another person or company?
Many many thanks,
Patrick Councilor
Old 06-15-2003, 04:03 AM   #24
Pat

Post Other options

Go to http://www.tvshowsondvd.com
Register for FREE and then vote HD to DVD!!!!!!!
COOLAMUNDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2003, 05:01 PM   #25
Pat

Arrow CHARGE THE GATES!!!

My friends of Happy Days. Here's cutting right to the chase...

We welcome your comments and feedback. Please write to us at:

Paramount Studios
5555 Melrose Avenue
Hollywood, CA 90038

Old 06-16-2003, 08:33 AM   #26
animalcrackers

Default Re: CHARGE THE GATES!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Pat
My friends of Happy Days. Here's cutting right to the chase...

We welcome your comments and feedback. Please write to us at:

Paramount Studios
5555 Melrose Avenue
Hollywood, CA 90038

I'll send them a note! Thanks, Pat!
Old 06-16-2003, 04:47 PM   #27
Pat

Thumbs up Right on animalcrackers

Cool animalcrackers,
I'll leave that ball in your court.
This is too cool!
Old 06-27-2003, 07:27 PM   #28
Pat

Default DVD Offer

wrestlingchick558 posted this:

Happy Days on DVD
Hey everyone.
If you are interested in Happy Days on DVD please e-mail me at polhill999@comcast.net. The qualtity is great, and we give a professional look with pictures on dvd's, and w/ cases and covers included. For ordering information, e-mail me at polhill999@comcast.net.

I posted this...

DVD's HEY
wrestlingchick558,
If you can offer HD on DVDs I am more than interested. That is too cool. I just have a few questions for you, if you don't mind:

1) Are they high quality?

2) How many shows can I get on one DVD?

3) Where do I send my payment?

4) Are you related to Don Polhill who posted

Happy days dvds(buy one/get one free)
Check out my site @
htpp://community.webtv.net/doncold/
or email me @ doncold@webtv.net
every dvd you order,you get a second one free!
prints are mint & stereo sound is great

(You're e-mail address is polhill999@comcost.net)

5) Why isn't his web site available anymore?

6) Why is it that when the web site was up, it didn't have any listings of how to contact him except his e-mail?

7) Why does he only accept CASH or MONEY ORDER???

8) Would I be kicking myself in the butt if I spent all this money on DVD's dubbed from the TV and then they officially came out with uncut shows on DVD?

9) And if you're such a huge fan of the show to have the entire series available on DVD, why is this your first posting?

Please get back with us all.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:03 AM   #29
Pat

Post The Letter

To: Paramount Studios
5555 Melrose Avenue
Hollywood, CA 90038

Date: July 22, 2003

Dear sir or ma’am,

I am writing you today to inquire about one of the most popular shows of it’s time and generations that follow. Happy Days has been a breath of fresh air as I was growing up as it still is today. Is there a projection date of when Happy Days will be released on DVD? When shows like All In The Family, Mary Tyler Moore, and Good Times have beat Happy Days to DVD, I wonder when Happy Days will be out. I have started purchasing Frasier in the DVD sets season by season and truly hope that Happy Days would be available in the same way.

If you are looking for some suggestions from die hard fans, here’s what I would suggest:
1.) Stations have cut portions of the shows to fit in more commercials so we would very much like the uncut versions.
2) Bonus features like bloopers, (cast and crew) interviews, even spinoffs like Joanie Loves Chachi, behind the scenes footage and/or deleted scenes.
3) Please make all 255 show available as well as the reunion show on DVD
4) Another idea would be a Happy Days DVD of the month club to offer discounts or extras like the reunion show on DVD.

I will post your response to the www.sitcomsonline.com/HappyDays.html message board.

Sincere thanks,
Patrick Councilor
Old 07-21-2003, 11:43 AM   #30
FonzFan

Location: Jefferson, WI USA/ just around the corner from the home of HD: Milwaukee, WI

Sounds Great Pat!