Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Music
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-18-2003, 06:04 PM   #1
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity
Viking metal rules. \m/ \m/

Location: Celebrating the holiest holiday of the year, Monday, June 6, as we honor Slayer and all metal, with plenty of pizza, beer, and sacrificial goats. Life is good.
Cool Rush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This past week I've been getting back into one of my favorite bands of all time and I've just remembered how I used to think they were one of THE greatest bands of all time--RUSH!!!!!!! They have the most talented guitarist, Alex Lifeson, talented bassist, Geddy Lee, the most talented drummer AND songwriter, Neil Peart!!!!! Their lyrics always make you think!!!!!!!

What's YOUR favorite Rush song or album?? I have too many to choose from!!!!!
Old 02-18-2003, 06:44 PM   #2
TJL
Forum Veteran
Suburbanite Extrordinaire

I was a big Rush fan in my younger days.

I remember the concert they did for MTV. Very cool.

Of course no classic rock collection isn't complete without a copy of "Moving Pictures."

Read my blogs!
http://centralparkamisguide.com/
http://dvdcriticscorner.com
Visit me on Facebook!http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=641138880
Hey, I do the tweet thing too!
http://twitter.com/TomLevier
My shop of handmade items!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ColdGarageCreations
Old 02-18-2003, 07:17 PM   #3
Kay Scarpetta
Forum Celebrity
Defy Gravity 8.26.05

Two words:

Tom Sawyer.

To be a Broadway Freak, you must live, eat, sleep, study, devout, think, obsess, dream, believe Broadway.
You must know original & revival casts, soundtracks, performance runs, dates, theatres, numbers, how many Tony Awards A Chorus Line won.
You must be Broadway.
That's right bitches. I AM Broadway.
Old 02-19-2003, 03:45 PM   #4
Mossopp
asleep at the wheel

Thumbs up

I think the only song of theirs I've heard is 'Spirit of Radio'. It's a great song!
I've probably heard loads of their stuff and I just don't realise it. I have stacks of tapes in my room full of old rock songs but somehow I neglected to take a note of the artists and song titles when I taped 'em.
Old 02-19-2003, 03:48 PM   #5
*PinkLady*

Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Karly
Two words:

Tom Sawyer.

Love that song! Working Man is awesome, too.
Old 02-19-2003, 10:54 PM   #6
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Location: Celebrating the holiest holiday of the year, Monday, June 6, as we honor Slayer and all metal, with plenty of pizza, beer, and sacrificial goats. Life is good.
Cool re: favorite Rush songs

Back in 1977, I listened to my brother's Rush album for the first time--was blown away by Working Man.

Went to Southcenter that same summer, listened to All the World's a Stage, TKO'd by LIVE version of By-Tor and the Snow Dog!!!

Went to see them in concert for the first time that fall for the "Farewell to Kings" tour--EXCELLENT!!!!

Wished I could've seen them for the "Hemispheres" tour the next year, heard that was amazing...

Waited about a year and a half to see them for the SECOND time
on their "Permanent Waves" tour 1980 in Seattle, another amazing show. When they played "Hemispheres" it was killer. Spirit of Radio was one of the most popular songs that year.

Rush was heard everywhere a year later with Tom Sawyer, a song I graduated with, but I didn't see another Rush concert for almost ten years...

Loved Subvisions when that song came out, and New World Man, when I started going to college 1982...

I wanted so badly to see Rush at the Tacoma Dome for their Grace Under Pressure Tour, I heard their song Red Sector A nearly brought the house down...

The Big Money was a great song, but again, I missed "Power Windows" Tour, wanted to see them play Manhattan Project...

Was in L.A. when Hold Your Fire came out, no tour date for Seattle, but I got that album for Christmas...

Finally got to see Rush with Mr. Big in 1990, what an excellent double-bill!!!! This was the Presto Tour, complete with inflatable rabbits!!!!!

Saw them again in 1992 with Primus opening, one of the most amazing shows I've ever seen... This was the Roll the Bones Tour...

Didn't see them again until the Test For Echo Tour in 1997 at an outdoor show at the Gorge in George, WA. TOTALLY EXCELLENT show, they even played 2112 in its entirety!!!!!
Old 02-19-2003, 10:58 PM   #7
dlemond
Hey, I know you.

Back in 1981 I traded my lp copy of The Who's "Face Dances" to my cousin for his copy of "Moving Pictures."

Though I love The Who, I stand by my trade.
Old 02-19-2003, 11:02 PM   #8
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Talking re: Rush vs. Who

Quote:
Originally posted by dlemond
Back in 1981 I traded my lp copy of The Who's "Face Dances" to my cousin for his copy of "Moving Pictures."

Though I love The Who, I stand by my trade.

I dunno, tough call, "You Better You Bet" ( )
vs. "TOM SAWYER!!!!"

I think you made the right choice.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:39 PM   #9
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass

Favorite Rush songs of mine:

"Fly By Night"
"Tom Sawyer"
"Limelight"
"Subdivisions"
"New World Man"
Old 07-23-2007, 10:40 PM   #10
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJL
I was a big Rush fan in my younger days.

I remember the concert they did for MTV. Very cool.

I believe that show was at the Montreal Forum.

Miscellaneous Musings

Pictures of Beautiful Women

WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE:

REPUBLICAN GOVERNORS CHRIS CHRISTIE - SCOTT WALKER - RICK SNYDER - JOHN KASICH - RICK SCOTT - PAUL LEPAGE

ON THE CHARGE OF IMPERSONATING AN OFFICE!!
Old 07-23-2007, 10:47 PM   #11
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Talking I SURVIVED RUSH AT WHITE RIVER!!!!!!!

I survived the Rush concert at White River Ampitheater here in Auburn Friday night!!!! The rain came down in buckets right before the show began, but tapered off--and I would have to be in the lawn section.... The show was more amazing than at any other time than I have seen Rush, they played a few forgotten favorites they probably haven't played in ages, such as "Mission", "Digital Man",
"Entre Nous", "Distant Early Warning", "Between the Wheels", "Witch Hunt", "Circumstances", and a ton from their new album. The visuals and lights were AMAZING!!!!! The sound was excellent as well! I have never seen such a huge turnout for Rush in all the times I've seen them!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 11:53 PM   #12
Nighthawk76
Forum Veteran
Rachel Berry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABlairican Pie
I survived the Rush concert at White River Ampitheater here in Auburn Friday night!!!! The rain came down in buckets right before the show began, but tapered off--and I would have to be in the lawn section.... The show was more amazing than at any other time than I have seen Rush, they played a few forgotten favorites they probably haven't played in ages, such as "Mission", "Digital Man",
"Entre Nous", "Distant Early Warning", "Between the Wheels", "Witch Hunt", "Circumstances", and a ton from their new album. The visuals and lights were AMAZING!!!!! The sound was excellent as well! I have never seen such a huge turnout for Rush in all the times I've seen them!!!

I'll be seeing them on September 8th. I can't wait.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:58 PM   #13
Nighthawk76
Forum Veteran
Rachel Berry

My top five favorite Rush songs:

1. Subdivisions
2. Middletown Dreams
3. Bravado
4. The Analog Kid
5. Far Cry
Old 07-25-2007, 12:04 AM   #14
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair's Number #1 Fan
I'll be seeing them on September 8th. I can't wait.
YOU ARE IN FOR A TREAT!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2017, 06:06 AM   #15
Dude111

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABlairican Pie
What's YOUR favorite Rush song or album?? I have too many to choose from!!!!!
I love thier analog stuff so thier 70s albums and thier 1980 album,1981 concert and 1984 record (Last analog one they put out)

I would say XANADU is probably one of my FAVOURITE songs they did and its INSANELY BEAUTIFUL from thier 1981 concert!!!

I HAVE THE RECORD THAT SONG IS ON AND THE RECORDS/8 TRACK OF THE CONCERT IN 1981 AND THE CONCERT VERSION IS 1000% BETTER!!!

I ALMOST CRY WHEN I HEAR IT,IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL SOUNDING!!!

I am so thankful they didnt ruin that concert by digitally compromising it!!! (on the analog media of it anyway)