Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

ALF (Sitcoms Online) / ALF links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / ALF Photo Gallery

ALF - Season One

Buy ALF - Season One on DVD
ALF - Season Two

Buy ALF - Season Two on DVD
ALF - Season Three

Buy ALF - Season Three on DVD
ALF - Season Four

Buy ALF - Season Four on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > ALF
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Hulu Picks Up Comedy from Jason Reitman; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of November 3, 2014)
Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Day Marathon, Plus More Classics; MeTV Pays Tribute to Marcia Strassman Tonight
CBS Fall Pilot Review: The McCarthys - Premieres Thursday, Oct. 30; TBS Orders Comedy Pilot from Daily Show Producers
TV Land's Frightfully Funny Roseanne Halloween Marathon; CBS Picks Up Full Seasons of All New Dramas
ABC Cancels Manhattan Love Story; Remembering Marcia Strassman of Welcome Back, Kotter
Week 5 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: First Cancellation of the New Season; CSI Season Cut Short; New Mill Creek DVDs

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series Sgt. Bilko - The Phil Silvers Show - The Complete Series Family Ties - The Complete Series Happy Days - The Sixth Season The Jeffersons - The Complete Series Mork & Mindy - The Complete Series

10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonder Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-04-2003, 02:29 PM   #1
Brett Ferino
Banned!!

Send a message via ICQ to Brett Ferino
Arrow I know why Alf was cancelled

Since it's 4 few years (1986-87, 87-88, 88-89, 89-90) were coming to an end, there were new situation comedies coming/already on such as FAMILY MATTERS, STEP BY STEP, WONDER YEARS, DOOGIE HOWZER, DINOSAURS, EMPTY NEST, etc. The people must've been looking forward to the new shows 'eh
Old 02-06-2003, 02:04 PM   #2
Brian Damage
Forum Legend
I'm Rich Bitch

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage

I think Alf, simply ran its course. That's why it was cancelled.

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Old 02-06-2003, 03:48 PM   #3
*PinkLady*

I agree. ALF's plots and characters went as far as they could.
Old 02-14-2003, 12:46 AM   #4
bb25
Forum Regular

Default yeah

I agree. As much as I love this show, I definitely think the last season is pretty bad. They all just seemed to be getting tired of the show, and the addition of Neal only made that worse. I can't stand him! The guy's a bad actor, and he played a ridiculous character - no worse combo than that. I think the first seasons of ALF are golden, but by 89-90 it was rapidly going down the tube...
Old 12-02-2007, 03:08 AM   #5
MuppetStory
First Time Poster

On the contrary, the show was cancelled because the actor who played ALF was a convicted pedophile.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:56 AM   #6
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetStory
On the contrary, the show was cancelled because the actor who played ALF was a convicted pedophile.
...you have any proof of this, or are you just trolling?

BTW - there were two different actors that "played" ALF, are you accusing BOTH of them?
Old 12-04-2007, 08:34 PM   #7
Furienna

I have to agree, that Alf had run its course. Four years was all they could manage.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:50 PM   #8
Jessica
Retro fan

Yes. But it came a movie 1996 (Project: ALF)
Old 01-02-2008, 09:18 AM   #9
bluthree
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCJessica90
Yes. But it came a movie 1996 (Project: ALF)

Never cared for Project ALF.I watched it the night it aired with my family.We was glade that ALF was returning because we did not like how the series ended. I just did not think the movie was as good or funny as the TV series.My biggest complaint about the movie was that they did not bring back The Tanners.There was so many episodes from the series that was better. It seems like everytime they bring back a TV series as a movie it sucks.Look at those awful Incredible Hulk TV movies that they did in the late 80's.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:58 PM   #10
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

I did not know that was the reason
Old 01-05-2008, 05:39 AM   #11
GSU2004
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Ferino
Since it's 4 few years (1986-87, 87-88, 88-89, 89-90) were coming to an end, there were new situation comedies coming/already on such as FAMILY MATTERS, STEP BY STEP, WONDER YEARS, DOOGIE HOWZER, DINOSAURS, EMPTY NEST, etc. The people must've been looking forward to the new shows 'eh

The show was getting tired and the sci-fi sitcoms on of the 80's were on their way out. I knew ALF was in trouble after Small Wonder was cancelled. Looking back at these shows today, the storylines were bland and graphics were cheesy but they kept one's attention.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:42 AM   #12
GSU2004
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluthree
Never cared for Project ALF.I watched it the night it aired with my family.We was glade that ALF was returning because we did not like how the series ended. I just did not think the movie was as good or funny as the TV series.My biggest complaint about the movie was that they did not bring back The Tanners.There was so many episodes from the series that was better. It seems like everytime they bring back a TV series as a movie it sucks.Look at those awful Incredible Hulk TV movies that they did in the late 80's.

Project ALF sucked ass big time. While grateful to see some resolution for ALF, the Tanners needed to be there also. I know the guy who played the father probably wouldn't have been there since he was celebrating the cancellation back in the day. I always thought the perfect block would have been ALF and Small Wonder back to back. What do you think?
Old 01-05-2008, 10:10 AM   #13
Jessica
Retro fan

No, Procject: ALF is not as good as the TV-series though. I thought the Tanners should starring in it too.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:35 PM   #14
Furienna

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSU2004
Project ALF sucked ass big time. While grateful to see some resolution for ALF, the Tanners needed to be there also. I know the guy who played the father probably wouldn't have been there since he was celebrating the cancellation back in the day. I always thought the perfect block would have been ALF and Small Wonder back to back. What do you think?
But why would Max Wright feel that strongly against it? Oh well, maybe he just was tired of it.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:37 AM   #15
GSU2004
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furienna
But why would Max Wright feel that strongly against it? Oh well, maybe he just was tired of it.

I remember reading in various articles that Max Wright got tired of the long rehearsals and production work it took into filming the show. I would also assume that he was probably ready to move on to other roles to keep from being typecasted as Mr. Tanner from ALF.