Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Hangin' with Mr. Cooper links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Hangin' with Mr. Cooper Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > Hangin' with Mr. Cooper
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Celebrate Halloween with The Simpsons on FXX; Sister Network FX Brings Back Comedy for 3rd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-24-2003, 07:43 AM   #1
AtlantaBravesFan29
Atlanta Braves Fan

Question What Role Did Nell Carter Play On Hangin' With Mr. Cooper???

What a shame that Nell Carter passed away yesterday!!! My question is this, what role did Nell play on Hangin' With Mr. Cooper??? I watched episodes with her in it,yet never knew what role she had, was she related to Mr. Cooper or one of the characters on the show??? Or did she work at the school where Mr. Cooper worked at since he was a basketball coach???
Old 01-24-2003, 05:22 PM   #2
Da_Diva001
Frequent Poster

Her role was PJ and she was Mr. Cooper's Boss as the High School's Principal.

R.I.P. NELL
Old 04-25-2004, 05:53 PM   #3
jamesanthony

I always wondered why she left this show. She wasn't in every episode in years 2 or 3 when she was a regular. In year 3 it seemed like they showed Omar Gooding more than they showed her. I wonder if she had health or substance abuse problems.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:04 AM   #4
SchuminWeb
Frequent Poster
Casual Participant

Either way, I think that her departure from the show was unexpected, as they quickly put Omar Gooding in her spot on the opening credits, and explained why PJ was gone by just saying she got a better offer and moved to Chicago, and throwing Geneva in as principal. I wonder, if they had known ahead of time, whether they would have gotten a new actor to play principal...

Ben F. Schumin :-)
Old 05-22-2005, 02:01 AM   #5
moeee
Forum Celebrity
Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie

Send a message via AIM to moeee

probably not.

I like the episode where PJ stayed at Mark's house for a couple of days.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:39 AM   #6
Blackout
Sart Bimpson

she was his boss, she was awesome at it too
Old 01-08-2015, 11:04 AM   #7
tlc38tlc38
Knock! Knock!

I've been rewatching the series lately so that I can make a music guide just in case the series is ever released on DVD.

And, I was wondering if anyone ever found out why Nell Careter left at the end of season 3. I thought she did an excellent job on the show and she fit in well with the rest of the cast. The whole cast had great chemistry together (especially seasons 2-5).
Old 01-08-2015, 05:44 PM   #8
Blackout
Sart Bimpson

i wish i could find it on DVD, tired of watching it at 1 am on nick jr