Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January
The Detour Back on TBS in January; I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke Show Christmas on CBS

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-23-2002, 04:24 PM   #46
wayne

So Scot & Kathy Marshall were Garry's son & daughter? I always wondered about that. They were in other episodes weren't they?
The Amazing Randi is James Randi a real life magician who lectures about the occult & has a bet about ufo's, right?
Old 09-23-2002, 04:46 PM   #47
David77
Frequent Poster

Yeah those were Gary Marshall's kids. James Randi was The Amazing Randi. He was the only guest star that I ever saw come to the writer's table. Not to write, just to hang out for a while with Walter Kempley and talk about magic tricks. I'm trying to remember how he did that radio trick. I think it folded up. That was a fun show to work on.
Old 09-23-2002, 05:52 PM   #48
Jill
Frequent Poster

Those kids were adorable...did Henry Winkler really love kids or something? He was always with kids, like on the magic show, and the show where he plays with that little boy who wears his leather jacket, and also the tonsils episode with those three kids, and the last episode of course where he adopts the little boy. Henry looked like he was great with kids...he was so cute with them, always playing with them, kissing them, and picking them up and stuff. Did Henry have any kids of his own do you know?
Old 09-23-2002, 06:30 PM   #49
Stormtracker TF
Forum Idol

Quote:
Originally posted by David77
Hello, yes, I remember the magic show. Walter Kempley was friends with The Amazing Randi. That is how they got him. Yes, there was an element of risk for Henry to do the milk can trick.
Inside the can was an large empty glass jar with a lid on it. You sit with it between your legs. When it is unscrewed it fills up with water enough to leave air for the person in the can to breathe. The risk factor was what if Henry could not get the lid off the jar once he was in there. So it was exciting for everyone! He did it once at dress rehearsal and was confident he could pull it off that night. I can remember seeing him come out of it and everyone in the booth was like, "Yes!" It was great.
I know the cast did their own tricks. I don't remember how The Amazing Randi made the radio disapear. Gary Marshall's kids were in that show too.
Another thing I remember about that show is Bobby Hoffman cast George Fenneman as the MC. and at that time George Fenneman and Tom Bosley had been rivals for broadcasting jobs.

Wow! That's So Cool!

Quote:
Originally posted by David77
Yeah those were Gary Marshall's kids. James Randi was The Amazing Randi. He was the only guest star that I ever saw come to the writer's table. Not to write, just to hang out for a while with Walter Kempley and talk about magic tricks. I'm trying to remember how he did that radio trick. I think it folded up. That was a fun show to work on.

Really? Wow I Was Wondering Who Those Kids Where!

Thank You So Much For Sharing All Of That With Us!
Old 09-24-2002, 12:44 PM   #50
David77
Frequent Poster

I remember that Henry had a step son. He was on the set a few times. That is all I know. I can't remember his name. That kid is in his thirties now.
Old 09-24-2002, 12:45 PM   #51
David77
Frequent Poster

Thanks Fonz.
Old 09-25-2002, 08:46 AM   #52
HappyDays Dude55
Frequent Poster

Thumbs up

The radio trick was really amazing. I even slowed down the tape while watching the episode during that part, but couldn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

David, thanks for the info about Gary Marshall's kids being in the episode. I noticed a blooper at the end of the episode involving the kids - when they run out at the end to congratulate Fonzie after he gets out of the milk can, the girl almost slips & falls! (There must have been water on the floor due to the milk can trick). She catches herself at the last second - did you ever notice this before?

Again, thanks for your posts & keep `em coming!
Old 09-25-2002, 09:03 AM   #53
David77
Frequent Poster

Yeah, I remember that. They didn't want to do the scene over again. If I remember right Henry was not comfortable the second time in the milk can. I guess they didn't film the first try at the run thru.
Old 09-25-2002, 04:17 PM   #54
Stormtracker TF
Forum Idol

Quote:
Originally posted by HappyDays Dude55
I noticed a blooper at the end of the episode involving the kids - when they run out at the end to congratulate Fonzie after he gets out of the milk can, the girl almost slips & falls! (There must have been water on the floor due to the milk can trick). She catches herself at the last second - did you ever notice this before?!

I Was Gonna Post The Same Thing! I Was Waching It Yesterday and Saw That!
Old 09-25-2002, 08:00 PM   #55
HappyDays Dude55
Frequent Poster

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by TheFonz
I Was Gonna Post The Same Thing! I Was Waching It Yesterday and Saw That!

Sharp eyes there, Fonz!
Old 09-25-2002, 10:06 PM   #56
Stormtracker TF
Forum Idol

Thanks!
Old 09-25-2002, 10:10 PM   #57
Stormtracker TF
Forum Idol

I Also Noticed A Mistake In Another Episode (I Can't Remember The Name Right Now) But Riche Was Playing The Saxophone, The Saxophone Was Playing, But Richie Didn't Start Playing It Till A Half A Second Later!
Old 09-26-2002, 01:07 AM   #58
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TJ
Default Re: Re: Chachi

Quote:
Originally posted by SOLOMON
Yes it was Out of the Blue-1979

This was called Who's Watching the Kids. Scott Baio was never on Out of the Blue.
Old 09-30-2002, 01:10 AM   #59
HappyDays Dude55
Frequent Poster

Thumbs up

David, are you still out there? TV Land just aired "Potise Quits School." Some questions ...

1) Did you write the music & lyrics to the song "Pump Your Blood?" That was a fun musical sequence ... goofy, but it worked. Were you in any way involved in the choreography of that scene? Interesting use of instruments w/Richie on the harmonica, Lori Beth on the kazoo, ect. Fun stuff!

2) That guy who played the anatomy professor was one scary- looking dude ... made a good antagonist in the episode. Were involved in the casting in any way?

3) What was the deal w/Fonzie wearing those paper bags on his feet? :-)
Old 09-30-2002, 11:22 AM   #60
animalcrackers

David, I'm not saying this because you post here, but "Potsie Quits School" was excellent! It was one of the best episodes. Plus it was one of the rare episodes where Potsie wasn't an idiot. And the scene where Fonzie wore the bags on his feet was very funny. Dang, the HD people should have hired you on.