Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Harper Valley, PTA links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Harper Valley, PTA Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Harper Valley, PTA
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-07-2002, 01:31 PM   #1
deedee
Frequent Poster

Default videos

hi does any one have any harper valley pta shows to trade

i have some classic shows

here come the brides
petticoat junction
please dont eat the daises
whiz kids
my three sons
patty duke and many more
Old 06-16-2002, 07:55 PM   #2
I Dream of Jeannie
Undisputed..........

Location: Rebelling againist a group, defining a genre, and supporting Deidre -n- Drake and John and Marlena no matter what, and thanking Mr. Reilly for this magnificant storyline. Woohoo!! Life is good! Dee and Drake are bad. he he he

I don't but I wish I did I've never even been givin the chance to watch the show. I really wish I knew more about this show. Can you tell me what it's about, please!

Die Hard J&M/DnD-er and Proud of It!

"As she gets more desperate and frightened, he
becomes her salvation, as she falls apart, he's right there. It's every child's fantasy and every woman's fantasy of a husband, where he is a knight in shining armor. And Drake is magnificent
at it. It's clean and it's pure and it's right there in front of you." ~ Deidre Hall

"John has always been her salvation. I'm not sure Marlena believes anyone can clear her, but if anyone can do it, it will be John." ~ Deidre Hall

"Yes, it does look really bleak right now (for John and Marlena). I know that, but as in any good fairy tale there's a lot of pain to get through in order to reach the end of a good or happy ending." ~ Ken Corday

Smile God Loves You
www.geocities.com/hazel_n_blue_4ever/index
Old 06-19-2002, 03:38 AM   #3
Paula
Forum Regular
Little Rascals Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by I Dream of Jeannie Forever
I don't but I wish I did I've never even been givin the chance to watch the show. I really wish I knew more about this show. Can you tell me what it's about, please!

I haven't seen this sitcom in years, and don't remember much about it. I've never seen the movie, just the series.

I think Barbara Eden played as a widowed mother named "Stella" (someone correct me if I'm wrong) with a teenage daughter named "Dee." They lived in a small town called "Harper Valley" (located in some southern state) with a bunch of snotty people. Stella was the talk of the town, because she was free-spirited and wore short skirts and tight jeans while most of the residents were a bunch of uptight conservative snobs.

If I recall correctly, the title of the show was eventually renamed "Harper Valley USA." I think the original plot of the show had something to do with a local resident named Mrs. Riley and her daughter Scarlett always trying to get Stella kicked off the PTA she was part of, but the plot shifted by the second season and had to do with the Rileys trying to get Stella and her daughter kicked out of town.

Sorry if I didn't tell you anything you don't already know about this show, but the eps are pretty hard for me to remember. I used to watch reruns of it in the late 1980's. I remember it being kind of cute and funny, but it's not the kind of show that generates much to discuss the way "I Dream of Jeannie" does.
Old 06-19-2002, 09:42 AM   #4
I Dream of Jeannie
Undisputed..........

Location: Rebelling againist a group, defining a genre, and supporting Deidre -n- Drake and John and Marlena no matter what, and thanking Mr. Reilly for this magnificant storyline. Woohoo!! Life is good! Dee and Drake are bad. he he he

Thanks, I had no idea about all the plot changes and some of the plots. I wonder if Suncoast has the movie. I'd really like to see it.
Old 06-20-2002, 01:26 AM   #5
Paula
Forum Regular
Little Rascals Fan

I was hoping that my local libary happened to carry the movie, but unfortunately, it doesn't. Being the cheapskate I am, I never rent videos, I always check them out for free from my local library. And with all the great videos and DVD's it has, I would have figured it would have Harper Valley as well.
Old 06-20-2002, 08:19 AM   #6
I Dream of Jeannie
Undisputed..........

I know someone has that movie!!!!!!! Harper Valley PTA it even sprung a t.v.series it has to be out there!!!!!! That's like A Howling In the Woods it's a t.v. movie that was made in 1971 which had Barbara Eden and Larry Hagman in it, I think they were the main characters. I would love to see that. Something else I'd love to see is the pilot for The Barbara Eden Show, because of course Barbara Eden was in it but Larry Hagman was also. But I doubt that I'll ever be able to see that.
Old 06-20-2002, 03:06 PM   #7
Paula
Forum Regular
Little Rascals Fan

Amazing! I didn't know Larry Hagman appeared in the movie. That should make it more interesting!
Old 06-20-2002, 11:23 PM   #8
I Dream of Jeannie
Undisputed..........

I know, that is just like Dallas until about 6 months ago I had no idea that Barbara Eden was on the show with Larry Hagman during the last season!!
Old 06-21-2002, 02:06 AM   #9
Paula
Forum Regular
Little Rascals Fan

I'll have to catch some eps of Dallas when/if I can. I remember hearing that Eden briefly appeared on a few eps, but I wasn't aware that she appeared on the entire last season.

I guess I'm a little eccentric in the fact that I like to watch both of them together in a sitcom or movie than either one of them alone. Don't get me wrong, they are both good actors, but I always sensed some kind of chemistry between Eden and Hagman that makes it difficult to see just one or the other. That's peculiar for me to see it that way, considering that they've never been married to each other nor have they ever dated each other.
Old 06-21-2002, 09:33 AM   #10
I Dream of Jeannie
Undisputed..........

Oh I did some checking and she wasn't in the entire last season but in about 5 episodes. Anyway, that's exactly how I feel about them like I used to hate the episodes where Jeannie sister kissed another guy, it just looked weird like "My Sister, the Homewrecker" when she kissed Michael Ansara(Biff Jelico) I was like how could she. Because you know it was Barbara Eden kissing another guy besides Larry Hagman. Even though the other guy was her husband at that time. I don't know but I've always felt like they were right for each other. I wonder that if Larry Hagman and Barbara Eden weren't married at the time if they would have dated and gottin married. I think they did feel something there they just used it on screen and tried to pretend like it wasn't really there of screen mabye that's why Larry Hagman could act the way Tony acted so well. Always trying to ignore his feelings. Do you every think that way?
Old 06-21-2002, 03:07 PM   #11
Paula
Forum Regular
Little Rascals Fan

I would guess that since they worked so closely together, they did at times feel the vibes.

They remind me a little bit of Michael J. Fox and his wife Tracy Pollen. I always sensed the chemistry between them even before they were married. Although I always thought Fox was cute and sort of had a "crush" on him, I didn't mind watching him together with Pollen on the screen, because they did make a cute couple (and still do!).
Old 07-18-2004, 12:08 AM   #12
Eric777
Banned!!
Banned

To the person that wrote that Larry Hagman was in Harper Valley PTA you must have not seent he movie or know anything about it. #1 it was made on the 80's and #2 Larry Hagman had NOTHING to do with it.