Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV Acquires 11 Classics for 2015, Includes One Day at a Time, Small Wonder; Amazon Prime Gets Jeffrey Tambor/Judith Light Comedy
ABC Family Fall 2014 Schedule; Long Island Blood & Babes Comic Con Sept. 12-14 in New York
66th Annual Primetime Emmy Award Winners; Lost Centric Episode of Disney Animated Series Written by Lost Co-Creator
Nick at Nite Fall 2014 Schedule with HIMYM; FXX's The Simpsons Marathon Scores for Day 1
Summer 2014 Week 13 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Every Simpsons Ever Marathon Brings FXX Big Numbers; Another Wonder Years DVD Music Update; New CBS DVD Complete Series Sets
Preview New ABC Comedy Selfie Pilot with Twitter; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of August 25, 2014)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August)

Community - The Complete Fifth Season Newhart - The Complete Fourth Season Parks and Recreation - Season Six Three's Company - The Complete Series Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Series

08/05 - Californication - The Final (Seventh) Season
08/05 - Community - The Complete Fifth Season
08/05 - Mad About You - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
08/05 - The Nanny - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
08/05 - Dennis the Menace (Animated) - Lights! Camera! Menace!
08/12 - Bitten - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
08/19 - The Millers - The First Season
08/19 - The Mindy Project - Season Two
08/19 - Newhart - The Complete Fourth Season
08/19 - Parks and Recreation - Season Six
08/19 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
08/19 - Once Upon a Time - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
08/26 - Austin & Ally - Chasing the Beat
08/26 - Good Luck Charlie - So Long, Farewell!
08/26 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Series / Review
08/26 - Revenge - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-28-2002, 03:20 PM   #1
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default Nick at Nite Summer 2002: Nick at Nite Summer Camp!

Nick at Nite Highlights Beginning July 7th
- Kid Says the Darndest Things joins the Nick at Nite lineup at 9p & 9:30p Sunday thru Thursday
- Nick at Nite starts it "Summer Camps" schedule between 10p - 6a, Sunday thru Thursday
- Nick at Nite Double Takes lineup on Fridays & Saturdays between 10p - 2a
- Nick at Nite will host a TV Land Sampler Block on Friday & Saturdays between 2a -6a

Two marathons in 1 day, no special theme, just runs in episode order! Starting Sunday July 7th, 2002 Sun-Thurs--10pm-2am and 2am-6am

Here is the schedule, effective 7/7/02:

Sundays: Cheers (10p-2a) and All in the Family (2a-6a)
Mondays: The Cosby Show (10p-2a)and Family Ties (2a-6a)Tuesdays: Cheers (10p-2a) and Three's Company (2a-6a)
Wednesdays: All in the Family (10p-2a) and The Cosby Show (2a-6a)
Thursdays: The Cosby Show (10p-2a) and Cheers (2a-6a)

Fridays and Saturdays:
10pm The Cosby Show
11pm All in the Family
12am Cheers
1am Family Ties
2am-6am see below

"NICK AT NITE SUMMER CAMP"
Every Sunday thru Thursday beginning at 10p ET/PT, starting July 7th through August 11th.
Nick at Nite is going to camp this summer and we're taking you along for the trip. Every night between Sunday - Thursday, beginning July 7th, Nick at Nite will host two programming blocks between 10p - 2a and 2a - 6a, featuring Nick at Nite's hottest and funniest sitcoms.
(Schedule is above)

"TV LAND SAMPLER"
Every Friday & Saturday nights between 2a - 6a
Staring on Friday, July 12th beginning at 2a, catch a 4-hour taste of TV Land's programming and on-air environment on Nick at Nite. Each TV Land
Sampler will play host to 1 TV Land show back to back. The 4 hour block will feature some of TV Land's most popular and network defining series.
Below are the TV Land Sampler lineups:

Friday (2a - 6a )& Saturday (2a - 6a)
July 12th The Andy Griffith Show
July 13th Leave It to Beaver
July 19th The Munsters
July 20th The Beverly Hillbillies
July 26th I Love Lucy
July 27th The Andy Griffith Show
August 2nd Leave It To Beaver
August 3rd The Munsters
August 9th Beverly Hillbillies
August 10th I Love Lucy
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!

Last edited by Pavan : 05-30-2002 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-28-2002, 04:54 PM   #2
Sean Snow
Forum Veteran
moo

Send a message via AIM to Sean Snow

Erm N@N fails again...These two-in-one marathons seem just ewwy. Why don't they just air one show all night long? It would make it less confusing. And once again they neglect "Family Ties" & "Three's Company", giving them the least slots out of all the shows *Sigh* I wasn't expecting good things from N@N, but I wasn't expecting horrible things either lol...I hope Fridays & Saturdays are Party Crashers! But with TC mixed in there too lol.
Old 05-28-2002, 07:37 PM   #3
Sitcomwriter
Banned!!
Banned!!

Send a message via ICQ to Sitcomwriter Send a message via AIM to Sitcomwriter Send a message via Yahoo to Sitcomwriter

Oy!

Hopefully TV Land has some good stuff on at the same time.I only watched N@N ONCE since getting TV Land and that was for Batman
Old 05-28-2002, 08:39 PM   #4
DarleneIllyria
Forum Veteran
Gone

*sighs heavily and walks away*
Old 05-28-2002, 09:23 PM   #5
Mr. Shy Guy

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shy Guy

It stinks!
Old 05-28-2002, 09:32 PM   #6
Sitcomwriter
Banned!!
Banned!!

Send a message via ICQ to Sitcomwriter Send a message via AIM to Sitcomwriter Send a message via Yahoo to Sitcomwriter

Here's a petition for you to sign to bring back BPS!

http://www.petitiononline.com/BPSBBNAN/petition.html

Please sign!
Old 05-28-2002, 09:36 PM   #7
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Quote:
Originally posted by Sitcomwriter
Here's a petition for you to sign to bring back BPS!

http://www.petitiononline.com/BPSBBNAN/petition.html

Please sign!

The name could still be Block Party Summer. Nick at Nite/TV Land/TNN already have said petitions won't cause changes to their programming, so it is a waste of time.
Old 05-28-2002, 09:37 PM   #8
Sitcomwriter
Banned!!
Banned!!

I dont just want them to change the name but improve the shows!
Old 05-28-2002, 09:44 PM   #9
Mr. Shy Guy

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shy Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by pavanbadal

The name could still be Block Party Summer. Nick at Nite/TV Land/TNN already have said petitions won't cause changes to their programming, so it is a waste of time.

It's like n@n isn't aware of what they show! They have an amazing 5 shows!
Old 05-30-2002, 03:01 PM   #10
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

First post was updated, I added the Fri/Sat specials.
Old 05-31-2002, 09:20 AM   #11
DandR
Frequent Poster
Bajo del sol

Quote:
Nick at Nite/TV Land/TNN already have said petitions won't cause changes to their programming, so it is a waste of time.

Boy that's great public relations. I'm so glad that they value what viewers have to say and want. When will their "the public be damned" attitude end? Thank goodness for the remote. I hope the programming dept. is forced to actually watch their lousy programming for an eternity in the afterlife.
Old 05-31-2002, 10:20 AM   #12
ClassicComedyFan2
Forum Regular
Coolicious!

Send a message via AIM to ClassicComedyFan2 Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicComedyFan2

This sounds good!

- It's good to see Kids Say return. TNN shouldn't have axed it so soon.
- The marathons looks good, and N@N's time slot is super-extended. This is also very cool.
- The partycrashers are awesome shows. My bets are they'll show the best episodes of each series.

Thanks for the info!
Old 06-03-2002, 01:28 AM   #13
Robert Tilton
Forum Regular
Man of Barnes

Quote:

Nick at Nite/TV Land/TNN already have said petitions won't cause changes to their programming, so it is a waste of time.

Here's Nick At Nite/TNN's Mindset in a Nutshell, as summed up by this Chorus:

I've got My foot on The Rock, and My Mind's Made Up

THO I Walk through a lonely Valley
THO I drink from a Bitter Cup

(and surely Nick at Nite/TNN seems to be in that Valley)

When the Devil comes a knocking showing me an easier way

The Devil is us fans trying to mess up Nick @ Nite's/TNN"s Good News. After all, who are we to want to petition them to remove their Deadly Black Bar or add more variety in TV Shows; some poor intern may get overworked trying to count all the signatures. No No We Must Spread The Gospel of Sam, Diane, etc.

Take It Away Sister Rose:

I STAND RIGHT SQUARE ON MY FEET
I THROW MY HEAD IN THE AIR
I LOOK HIM STRAIGHT IN THE EYE
I SAY MY FOOT'S ON THE ROCK
AND MY MIND'S MADE UP.

TV Networks think they have all the answers sometimes. In doing that, they lose a bit of ratings at times as they get more Silly In Their Thinking (Their Mind's Made Up). 2 Typical Examples:

A TNN Promo has come on Nick recently. It has 2 guys sitting in an office. The 1st guy (manager) is telling the 2nd guy (an employee) that "Its THE NEW TNN Not Just TNN. So Are You With Me?". To which the 2nd Guy says "No". Righteous!!! And neither am I! I say again Righteous!!! Typical TNN in that they're trying to make a point and they snooker themselves!

Amen.

I recently read on the Usenet, which is for All Nations, Tongues, and Kindreds (yea yea yea) that several cities still list TNN as The NASHVILLE Network in their newspaper TV Guides. Now that's Neato; a real Keeky Blast.

The 2nd Promo also concerns TNN. It shows a conference being held. Apparently its about bugs. You know the logos the networks put in the corner of the screen nowadays for: (Take Your Pick)

A: Station ID
B: Advertising
C: To protect the footage from copyright violations, like somebody recording a CNN feed and trying to pass it off as their own footage.
D: Just To Be A Nuisance

Anyway TNN was trying out diff'rent logos for the Upcoming Season. Cute but CheeseWiz. For the lineup could improve 75% if they'd remove the Worst Bug of Them All: The Deadly Black Bar.

And ever so, let it go real quickly.

I wager that the 1st Network to go "cutting edge" by not having bugs, logos, TV Show Titles, etc. messing up the program onscreen will be thought of as cool, and next thing you know, why everybody's airing a Clear TV Picture Picture during the shows like in the Good Old Days when Grand Ma Ma was alive.

And everybody says:

Amen.

Amen
Like Perfect. Righteous.

Last edited by Robert Tilton : 06-03-2002 at 01:38 AM.