Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 20, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Commitment for Spinoff of The Middle Starring Eden Sher; Luke Null Leaving Saturday Night Live
Fri-Yay: Reboot Fever Continues with Talks of Designing Women and Frasier Reboots; E! Gets Busy...Philipps
Netflix's Atypical Returns Sept. 7; GSN Brings Back John Michael Higgins Game Show
Antenna TV's Alice Labor Day Marathon; NBC App Adds Saved by the Bell and Heroes
Fresh off the Boat Launches Sept. 1 on UPtv; New Sabrina Begins Oct. 26 on Netflix
Netflix Gets Paul Rudd Comedy from IFC; Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj Coming to Netflix
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 13, 2018)


New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

Alice - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Second Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
07/03 - New Girl - The Final (Seventh) Season
07/10 - Alice - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - The Bill Engvall Show - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season
07/10 - The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season
07/17 - Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Good Place - The Complete Second Season
07/17 - Son of Zorn - The Complete Series
08/07 - Happy Endings - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
08/28 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-19-2018, 04:15 PM   #16
Penny Lane
Aidan Turner-ON
Forum Celebrity
 
Penny Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 03, 2001
Location: Beneath the blue suburban skies
Posts: 27,522
Default

The last flu shot that I got was the Swine Flu shot back in 1977!
__________________
The Beatles saved the world from boredom- George Harrison
Penny Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 07:30 PM   #17
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 34,100
Default

Not sure if mine was the flu after all? Maybe a bad cold and laryngitis ? Because I never had horrible body aches or fever. I am able to get up and do things. Just my throat is so sore , and the coughing and although it's a little better I still can talk a little but still not 100 percent . The coughing and straining to talk is what is giving me a headache, not a fever! anyway. i called in sick to work today.

Hoping Misst3 is getting better, and anyone else who is sick. To all who are well hoping you stay that way!

And a shout out to my friend Retrotvfan who was sick also and mentioned I should eat chicken soup! That has been the best thing for me! Made me feel better than any of the cold meds I've been taking! And I've been having it in a cute Campbell's soup mug I have with the adorable Campbell's soup kids on it!

And now I am going to watch two great old comfort shows, Hazel and Dennis the menace which are coming on Antenna now!
Bonniegirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:43 PM   #18
Penny Lane
Aidan Turner-ON
Forum Celebrity
 
Penny Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 03, 2001
Location: Beneath the blue suburban skies
Posts: 27,522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
Not sure if mine was the flu after all? Maybe a bad cold and laryngitis ? Because I never had horrible body aches or fever. I am able to get up and do things. Just my throat is so sore , and the coughing and although it's a little better I still can talk a little but still not 100 percent . The coughing and straining to talk is what is giving me a headache, not a fever! anyway. i called in sick to work today.

Hoping Misst3 is getting better, and anyone else who is sick. To all who are well hoping you stay that way!

And a shout out to my friend Retrotvfan who was sick also and mentioned I should eat chicken soup! That has been the best thing for me! Made me feel better than any of the cold meds I've been taking! And I've been having it in a cute Campbell's soup mug I have with the adorable Campbell's soup kids on it!

And now I am going to watch two great old comfort shows, Hazel and Dennis the menace which are coming on Antenna now!
My husband had the same thing last week but he's better now. Hope you are feeling better! Take care!
Penny Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:55 PM   #19
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 34,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane
My husband had the same thing last week but he's better now. Hope you are feeling better! Take care!
Thanks Penny! And glad your Husband is better !
Bonniegirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 11:47 PM   #20
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran
 
MrCleveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 10, 2007
Location: The Rodney Dangerfield of Cities. C-Town Gets NO Respect!
Posts: 11,875
Icon15

I might have had the flu, but OTC's and booze did suppress the flu.

My opinion for people who have the cold/flu is soup, tea, OTC medicine, orange juice, and a stiff drink...the best is whiskey or vodka.

My mom said her grandma gave a canary a shot of whiskey...but I'm more of a vodka drinker (I probably have Scandinavian blood...I gotta take the DNA test soon).

If you don't want anything alcoholic...that's m'kay...but it does help a little...if it's 10% ABV and above it helps since it will make you sleep temporarily....
__________________
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazlewood (1929-2007)
MrCleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 02:16 AM   #21
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 34,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland
I might have had the flu, but OTC's and booze did suppress the flu.

My opinion for people who have the cold/flu is soup, tea, OTC medicine, orange juice, and a stiff drink...the best is whiskey or vodka.

My mom said her grandma gave a canary a shot of whiskey...but I'm more of a vodka drinker (I probably have Scandinavian blood...I gotta take the DNA test soon).

If you don't want anything alcoholic...that's m'kay...but it does help a little...if it's 10% ABV and above it helps since it will make you sleep temporarily....
Yeah! A nice hot toddy (or two or three) would be nice right now! But I worry about mixing alcohol with cold & flu medicines. Esp. if they contain acetaminophen cause it could cause liver damage! Also I take pills for high blood pressure. I drink alcohol while I take those , but I think if I took them, the cold meds AND alcohol it might not be too good!

But yeah, being drunk would probably make the cold or flu more tolerable !!
Bonniegirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:23 PM   #22
PhoenixAcres
Member
Senior Member
 
PhoenixAcres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 26, 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 3,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
I've been very fortunate in never having the flu nor a flu shot.
I've never had the flu but I have had the flu shot.
PhoenixAcres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:33 PM   #23
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran
 
MrCleveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 10, 2007
Location: The Rodney Dangerfield of Cities. C-Town Gets NO Respect!
Posts: 11,875
Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
Yeah! A nice hot toddy (or two or three) would be nice right now! But I worry about mixing alcohol with cold & flu medicines. Esp. if they contain acetaminophen cause it could cause liver damage! Also I take pills for high blood pressure. I drink alcohol while I take those , but I think if I took them, the cold meds AND alcohol it might not be too good!

But yeah, being drunk would probably make the cold or flu more tolerable !!
I should be careful with that too...

If I turn yellow or my stomach gets swollen...then I will refrain from things that could destroy my liver even more!
MrCleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 04:04 PM   #24
AB
Supernatural - Dean
Forum Celebrity
 
AB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 26, 2006
Location: The South
Posts: 39,973
Default

Me, my husband and son have had the flu for the last 2 weeks. We're finally getting better. My husband had the flu shot, didn't do a bit of good, he was as sick as the rest of us. I don't wish the flu on anyone, it's miserable.
AB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 12:07 AM   #25
Torgo
Art by me
Forum Veteran
 
Torgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 06, 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
So far no, but my wife's been feeling sick the last few days, hopefully just a cold.

The wife's was just a really bad cold, but talking to my daughter earlier, and sounds like she does have the flu.
__________________
"I'm going to go do something productive. I'm gonna go watch television." - Ray Peterson, The 'burbs

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 02:22 AM   #26
Dude111
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 05, 2013
Posts: 5,198
Default

Im so sorry everyone who doesnt feel well
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:44 PM   #27
MISST3
Member
Senior Member
 
MISST3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 17, 2016
Posts: 6,665
Default

I can't remember being as sick, as I have been these last few days! I'm JUST
starting to feel better. I was in the hospital overnight a few days ago! Mostly
now I just feel weak and shaky and my coughing has slowed down quite a bit. Typically, I NEVER ever get flu shots. But, from now on, I'm going to be
the first person in line for a flu shot every year!

Thanks Everybody for your Well Wishes!

I hope everyone who had a cold or the flu is recovering and feeling better!
MISST3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:31 PM   #28
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 34,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISST3
I can't remember being as sick, as I have been these last few days! I'm JUST
starting to feel better. I was in the hospital overnight a few days ago! Mostly
now I just feel weak and shaky and my coughing has slowed down quite a bit. Typically, I NEVER ever get flu shots. But, from now on, I'm going to be
the first person in line for a flu shot every year!

Thanks Everybody for your Well Wishes!

I hope everyone who had a cold or the flu is recovering and feeling better!

Whoa!! You poor thing, you had it bad!! Even having to be in the hospital!! That is horrible! Glad you are getting better, hoping you have a total recovery real soon!

I never remember having such a bad throat and cough as I have had!! Today is the first day in over a week that I feel much better! The Hubby and I both are still coughing though a little , but my voice is back!
Bonniegirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:32 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.