Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

TV Land's Younger Returns in June for Season 5; Hallmark Channel 2018 Upfront
Fox Summer 2018 Schedule; Bounce TV Series Returns in April for 2nd Season
Murphy Brown Casts 2 All-New Stars for Series; USA Network Orders 2nd Season of Series
NBC Orders 3rd Season of Will & Grace Revival; Lifetime Upfront Sets Premiere Dates for New Drama and Movie
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of March 19, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Dax Shepard Cast in Recurring Role on The Ranch; Jake McDorman Joins Murphy Brown Revival
Fri-Yay: Why Netflix Should Renew One Day at a Time; Freeform Sets Date for Final Season of Sitcom, and Orders a Movie
Food Network Brings Out Sitcom Stars; Alexis Bledel Joins Popular Hulu Series
ABC Picks Up Reality Staples for 2018-2019; CNBC to Revive Deal or No Deal
Fuller House Gets New Showrunners; Hulu Gets Big Stars for Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)

Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Ninth Season One Day at a Time - Season Two

02/06 - All in the Family - Seasons 1-5
02/06 - Bosom Buddies - The Complete Series
02/06 - Women of the House - Complete 12 Episode Series
02/13 - Broad City - Season 4
02/13 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
02/27 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season
02/27 - Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season
02/27 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
03/06 - Atlanta - The Complete First Season
03/06 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Ninth Season
03/13 - The New Adventures of Old Christine - The Complete First Season
03/27 - One Day at a Time - Season Two
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-25-2017, 09:43 AM   #1
Forum Regular
Default Out Of The Goodness Of Your Heart

When was the last time you did something for someone "out of the goodness of your heart?"

Our next door 78-year-old neighbor has always had family cut her grass, but this year in the spring, the grass was getting high and nobody was cutting it.

One day I saw her outside trying to cut it. By the time I got outside, she had already gone in the house (she was out only a couple of minutes) So, I went ahead and cut her grass.
When I was almost done she came out to thank me and to pay me. I told her that's OK-- I don't need any money, having her as a neighbor was payment enough. She told me that her family would cut her grass for $10.00, but this year wanted $20.00.

Again she is a 78-year-old living on SS, she has no money. Her family isn't mad at me, but doesn't understand WHY I would do it for nothing (It takes about an hour and a half to do.) I told them WHY NOT maybe GOD will take care of me when I get old.

You just might change a person, by doing something out of the "goodness of your heart."

So, when was the last time you did something nice and thoughtful for someone else?
Giving someone a ride, baking cookies or just visiting?
A lie doesn't become truth
wrong doesn't become right
evil doesn't become good
just because it is accepted by a majority
Old 11-25-2017, 01:56 PM   #2
Alan Brady's Hair

My dog and I walk in all the local parks. We specialize in finding stuff that's been left behind and returning it to its rightful owner, most often sports equipment and other dogs. My dog is very interesting: he will not leave an unattended dog or child until he's matched them up with the person responsible for them.
Old 11-25-2017, 02:29 PM   #3
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

I always give my spare change or a dollar to homeless people. And also I give out bottled water to them in the hot weather.
Old 11-25-2017, 04:37 PM   #4

Being that I am anonymous here I can say this kind of stuff and not ruin my reputation of being mean and nasty.

Today I donated several large boxes of things to the Salvation Army. Not my number one charity, but there are certain things they take that other charities won't.

In the next couple of weeks, I'm also going to make another donation of clothes and books to one of the veteran's hospitals in the NYC area. That's something I do regularly, and also volunteer to work charity benefit functions.

Each year before Christmas, a friend and I always bought clothes, toys and electronics and brought them to an orphanage in Manhattan. Amazingly, a couple of years ago, the orphanage stopped accepting these donations so we went back to our other tradition of answering Santa Claus letters at the main post office near Penn Station and sending the children gifts directly.

I also have a habit of buying things for friends that can't afford them. Recently I bought tickets to a rock show by a Beatle who shall remain nameless, as I often do when he comes around. A good friend of mine really wanted to see him but his mountain of medical bills prevented him from going. I bought him tickets in the first row of a section so he could go without having to stand up to see, which he can't do. I've done that for various people several times this year.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull