Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

TCA 2018 Winter Press Tour: More Cable, Crackle, Paramount Network and More
TCA 2018 Winter Press Tour: Cable Roundup of IFC, AMC, Hallmark, Pop and More
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 15, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: American Dad Gets Two Season Renewal at TBS; New Details About Roseanne Reboot
Fri-Yay: What Does the Future Hold for Fox Sitcoms?; TCA 2018 Winter Press Tour: TBS and HBO
Hulu Orders 2nd Season of Future Man; Michael J. Fox Heads Back to Politics on TV
TCA 2018 Winter Press Tour: NBC; grown-ish Premieres Strong on Freeform
TCA 2018 Winter Press Tour: ABC, Includes ABC 2018 Midseason Schedule; Goldbergs Spin-off Pilot Airs Jan. 24
TCA 2018 Winter Press Tour: CBS, CW and Showtime; Remembering Jerry Van Dyke
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 8, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: ABC Pulls The Mayor; Hulu Adds 90s Animated Favorites
Fri-Yay: Brooklyn Nine-Nine Continues to Delight Five Seasons In; TCA 2018 Winter Press Tour: Fox

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December/January)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
01/09 - Girlfriends - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-20-2017, 04:31 PM   #16
MISST3

All I can say is . . . that none of us . . not one of us . . knows whether someone went to Heaven or to Hell, as a final destination. We don't know
what might have occurred in the last few minutes or seconds of someone's
life, repentance might have occurred, we don't know. If our Lord, and Savior
is willing and ready to forgive, how can I sit in judgment. We need to be concerned with our own lives and whether our lives are pleasing in God's
sight. And, pray, for each other, whether, we, personally, know each other or not, as we have been commanded to do.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:54 PM   #17
AB
Forum Celebrity
Supernatural - Dean

Now there's a little less evil in the world.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:43 PM   #18
IllinoisTVFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu
50 years too late. He should have been executed. Thanks to the liberals for abolishing the death penalty and making us pay to keep this ***** alive all these years.

Funnily, I was talking about this on Facebook, and my very liberal FB friends were agreeing with my conservative friends that he should have been executed. I have issues with the death penalty because of the many people exonerated on crimes, but in Manson's case he should have been executed. He was a worthless piece of trash.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:13 PM   #19
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity
Viking metal rules. \m/ \m/

Location: Celebrating the holiest holiday of the year, Monday, June 6, as we honor Slayer and all metal, with plenty of pizza, beer, and sacrificial goats. Life is good.
Nodsmiley

Rot In Pieces, Charles Manson. The world will not miss you.

He commanded his followers to commit practically the most horrific murder spree in modern history, all for the purpose of fomenting race war. And for that failed attempt, innocent people died.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:46 PM   #20
PhoenixAcres

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISST3
All I can say is . . . that none of us . . not one of us . . knows whether someone went to Heaven or to Hell, as a final destination. We don't know
what might have occurred in the last few minutes or seconds of someone's
life, repentance might have occurred, we don't know. If our Lord, and Savior
is willing and ready to forgive, how can I sit in judgment. We need to be concerned with our own lives and whether our lives are pleasing in God's
sight. And, pray, for each other, whether, we, personally, know each other or not, as we have been commanded to do.
Well said. That's a very interesting outlook. While I haven't seen evidence of Manson repenting, I'll admit it is wholly possible. I do believe people can change.

When the serial killer Son of Sam had a new TV interview a few months ago it was really eye-opening, at least for me. This guy is living proof that people can change. They say he became a Christian and is now some sort of mentor for the other inmates. The sincerity he displayed when talking about his past demons and his acknowledgement of the evil and filth he used to be convinced me that he became a new person and the old one is gone. When he was talking with the interviewer, he came across as a regular guy, devoted to morals and making right with the world.

It's still a complicated situation. How do you love a murderer? I'm not saying people WILL change (or that Manson necessarily did), but people CAN change for the better. The potential is always there.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:05 PM   #21
sara

and good riddance
Old 11-21-2017, 05:43 PM   #22
Babalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixAcres
Well said. That's a very interesting outlook. While I haven't seen evidence of Manson repenting, I'll admit it is wholly possible. I do believe people can change.

When the serial killer Son of Sam had a new TV interview a few months ago it was really eye-opening, at least for me. This guy is living proof that people can change. They say he became a Christian and is now some sort of mentor for the other inmates. The sincerity he displayed when talking about his past demons and his acknowledgement of the evil and filth he used to be convinced me that he became a new person and the old one is gone. When he was talking with the interviewer, he came across as a regular guy, devoted to morals and making right with the world.

It's still a complicated situation. How do you love a murderer? I'm not saying people WILL change (or that Manson necessarily did), but people CAN change for the better. The potential is always there.

Don't be a sucker. He's saying what he thinks people want to hear because he's hoping some day that he'll be let out. Ask prison guards. Everyone finds Jesus the day before they see the parole board.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Old 11-21-2017, 07:05 PM   #23
Lee
veteran member

Quote:
Don't be a sucker. He's saying what he thinks people want to hear because he's hoping some day that he'll be let out. Ask prison guards. Everyone finds Jesus the day before they see the parole board.

I disagree with you. People can and do change. Of course, I'm not saying
that murderers should be set free simply because they are now different
people. According to both God's law and our own laws, those who commits
sins must be punished. Only one being can determine where someone will
spend eternity:God.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:09 PM   #24
PhoenixAcres

Quote:
You could be right, though I don't think he really sees parole as an option anymore. I can't speak about him beyond what I saw in the interview. He could still be a psycho killer who's adopted conversation skills, I don't really know. Obviously it's hard to tell for sure but I still believe people are capable of change.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:14 PM   #25
Lee
veteran member

As a Christian, all I can say is it is now in the hands of god
Old 11-21-2017, 07:22 PM   #26
PhoenixAcres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
As a Christian, all I can say is it is now in the hands of god
Agreed. God is the ultimate judge.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:51 AM   #27
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

I'm with Misst3 , Phoenix Acres and Lee!

I'm not going to give a formal statement at this time but I feel in my heart to pray for Charles Manson! The murders of those innocent people in 1969 was horrific! In no way am I condoning that, and my prayers have always been with them and their families!

With that said this man is very hated and he needs all the prayers he can get , so with that said I feel the need to pray for his soul !

And that is all I will say for now!
Old 11-24-2017, 12:05 PM   #28
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
I'm with Misst3 , Phoenix Acres and Lee!

I'm not going to give a formal statement at this time but I feel in my heart to pray for Charles Manson! The murders of those innocent people in 1969 was horrific! In no way am I condoning that, and my prayers have always been with them and their families!

With that said this man is very hated and he needs all the prayers he can get , so with that said I feel the need to pray for his soul !

And that is all I will say for now!

I agree as well...but I feel that Manson is probably in hell...

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 11-24-2017, 09:34 PM   #29
IllinoisTVFan

His follower Leslie Van Houten has been recommended for parole, no idea if this will happen. Curious what people think. I admit I am mixed because this one is probably the least guilty out of any of them because she didn't participate in the Tate murders, and reportedly only stabbed Rosemary LaBianca after she was dead (at least according to what she said). Part of me thinks if it is true she only stabbed after she died then technically she's not a murderer. However, this could be just her saying this and even if she was dead she participated. Also, she's in her 60's, what exactly would she do if she is released? She's too old to have many jobs and probably no skills for the jobs.
Old 11-25-2017, 06:43 PM   #30
Dude111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Ties Forever!
So glad to hear that! I hope that sick monster rots. Our world is a better place with him dead.
He should have gotton help before he did all that to others