Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Movies
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-05-2017, 07:30 PM   #1
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Exclamation Harvey Weinstein Terminated from The Weinstein Company after Sex Abuse Allegations

Harvey Weinstein Apologizes Following Bombshell New York Times Story
by Denise Petski
October 5, 2017

Harvey Weinstein has issued an apology following The New York Times report Thursday that detailed numerous allegations of sexual harassment against the media mogul.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/u...legations.html

Quote:
I came of age in the 60ís and 70ís, when all the rules about behavior and workplaces were different. That was the culture then.

I have since learned itís not an excuse, in the office Ė or out of it. To anyone.

I realized some time ago that I needed to be a better person and my interactions with the people I work with have changed.

I appreciate the way Iíve behaved with colleagues in the past has caused a lot of pain, and I sincerely apologize for it.

Though Iím trying to do better, I know I have a long way to go. That is my commitment.

My journey now will be to learn about myself and conquer my demons. Over the last year Iíve asked Lisa Bloom to tutor me and sheís put together a team of people. Iíve brought on therapists and I plan to take a leave of absence from my company and to deal with this issue head on. I so respect all women and regret what happened.

I hope that my actions will speak louder than words and that one day we will all be able to earn their trust and sit down together with Lisa to learn more. Jay Z wrote in 4:44 ďIím not the man I thought I was and I better be that man for my children.Ē The same is true for me. I want a second chance in the community but I know Iíve got work to do to earn it. I have goals that are now priorities. Trust me, this isnít an overnight process. Iíve been trying to do this for 10 years and this is a wake-up call. I cannot be more remorseful about the people I hurt and I plan to do right by all of them.

I am going to need a place to channel that anger so Iíve decided that Iím going to give the NRA my full attention. I hope Wayne LaPierre will enjoy his retirement party. Iím going to do it at the same place I had my Bar Mitzvah. Iím making a movie about our President, perhaps we can make it a joint retirement party.

One year ago, I began organizing a $5 million foundation to give scholarships to women directors at USC. While this might seem coincidental, it has been in the works for a year. It will be named after my mom and I wonít disappoint her.

Lisa Bloom's Statement:

Quote:

Harvey Weinstein and I have had many wide ranging conversations over the last year about rumors and allegations against him. He denies many of the accusations as patently false. Nevertheless, I have explained to him that due to the power difference between a major studio head like him and most others in the industry, whatever his motives, some of his words and behaviors can be perceived as inappropriate, even intimidating.

As a womenís rights advocate, I have been blunt with Harvey and he has listened to me. I have told him that times have changed, it is 2017, and he needs to evolve to a higher standard. I have found Harvey to be refreshingly candid and receptive to my message. He has acknowledged mistakes he has made. He is reading books and going to therapy. He is an old dinosaur learning new ways.

He wants to reach out to any of the women who may have issues with him to talk to them in a respectful, peaceful way, with me present if that is acceptable to them. He has been working on a major foundation with USC with one of the largest grants for female directors, which started well over a year ago. And as we work together on a project bringing my book to the screen, he has always been respectful toward me.

He is deeply bothered by his some of his emotional responses. He has been working on his temper for over ten years and is chagrined the issue still plagues him. He recognizes he needs time off to focus on this issue and has much to learn. He wants to reach out to teachers with expertise in this area.

Harvey is not going to demean or attack any of the women making accusations against him, although he does dispute many of the allegations. Instead, he is going to use this as a painful learning experience to grow into a better man. I will continue to work with him personally for as long as it takes.

In addition, Harvey has asked me to do a comprehensive review of his companyís policies and practices regarding women in the workplace. I will make recommendations to ensure that gender equality and zero tolerance for workplace misconduct arenít just goals, but a reality.

October 5, 2017

http://deadline.com/2017/10/harvey-w...ns-1202182912/
Attached Images

Last edited by JamesG : 10-08-2017 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:58 PM   #2
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Harvey Weinstein Terminated from The Weinstein Company
by Mia Galuppo
Oct. 8, 2017

Harvey Weinstein has been terminated as co-chairman of The Weinstein Company.

"In light of new information about misconduct by Harvey Weinstein that has emerged in the past few days...the directors of The Weinstein Company -ó Robert Weinstein, Lance Maerov, Richard Koenigsberg and Tarak Ben Ammar ó have determined, and have informed Harvey Weinstein, that his employment with The Weinstein Company is terminated, effective immediately," read a statement.

The board made the decision to oust Weinstein at a meeting held Sunday afternoon. The move comes as Weinstein was insisting that he maintain a path to return to the company after an indefinite leave of absence. TWC is now being run by his brother and TWC co-chairman Bob Weinstein alongside president/COO David Glasser.

A response to a message to Weinstein's attorney, Charles Harder, for comment from the mogul steered media requests to Sallie Hofmeister of strategic communications firms Sitrick and Company, who told The Hollywood Reporter: "I canít reach him at the moment. Heís unavailable. Apologies."

Sources say Weinstein has been staying at the Peninsula Hotel in Beverly Hills since Friday night.

Also on Friday, high-profile attorney Lisa Bloom has stepped down from her role as an adviser to Harvey Weinstein.

Bloom has been under fire since the news broke that she was part of Weinsteinís legal team. The feminist lawyer is known for representing women against high-profile harassers, such as Bill OíReilly and Bill Cosby, and many of her supporters saw her work with Weinstein as a betrayal of her values.

https://www.aol.com/article/entertai...pany/23236705/
Old 10-08-2017, 10:33 PM   #3
Babalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
Also on Friday, high-profile attorney Lisa Bloom has stepped down from her role as an adviser to Harvey Weinstein.

Bloom has been under fire since the news broke that she was part of Weinsteinís legal team. The feminist lawyer is known for representing women against high-profile harassers, such as Bill OíReilly and Bill Cosby, and many of her supporters saw her work with Weinstein as a betrayal of her values.

Why would anyone with half a brain be surprised that Hollywood liberals have no morals or conscience? Lisa Bloom is Gloria Allred's daughter no less.

This should be a wake up call especially to people here that confuse actor's fictional parts and real life. They do nothing but what's good for themselves. When they speak out for left wing causes it's part stupidity and part career advancement.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull