Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Politics

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

South Park 8 Day Marathon on Comedy Central; Classic Adult Swim Comedy Returns with Special
NBC Fall Pilot Review: I Feel Bad - Premieres Wednesday (Sept. 19); 70th Annual Primetime Emmy Award Winners
Married with Children Now on WGN America; black-ish Enters National Syndication and Free Sneakers Contest
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 17, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: ABC Orders Script for Designing Women Reboot; James Marsden and Ed Asner Cast in Netflix Series
Fri-Yay: A Look at the Upcoming Sitcom Slate; TV Guide's 1st Annual 100 Best Shows List
Dancing with the Stars Season 27 Cast Has Sitcom Stars; The Young Sheldon STEM Initiative
Critics' Choice Awards Set for January on The CW; IFC Sets New Episodes for Documentary Now!

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

08/07 - Happy Endings - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
08/15 - A.P. Bio - Season One
08/28 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five
08/28 - Man Seeking Woman - The Complete Third Season
09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-05-2017, 07:30 PM   #1
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Exclamation Harvey Weinstein Arraigned on Felony Sex Crime Charges in NYC

Harvey Weinstein Apologizes Following Bombshell New York Times Story
by Denise Petski
October 5, 2017

Harvey Weinstein has issued an apology following The New York Times report Thursday that detailed numerous allegations of sexual harassment against the media mogul.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/u...legations.html

Quote:
I came of age in the 60’s and 70’s, when all the rules about behavior and workplaces were different. That was the culture then.

I have since learned it’s not an excuse, in the office – or out of it. To anyone.

I realized some time ago that I needed to be a better person and my interactions with the people I work with have changed.

I appreciate the way I’ve behaved with colleagues in the past has caused a lot of pain, and I sincerely apologize for it.

Though I’m trying to do better, I know I have a long way to go. That is my commitment.

My journey now will be to learn about myself and conquer my demons. Over the last year I’ve asked Lisa Bloom to tutor me and she’s put together a team of people. I’ve brought on therapists and I plan to take a leave of absence from my company and to deal with this issue head on. I so respect all women and regret what happened.

I hope that my actions will speak louder than words and that one day we will all be able to earn their trust and sit down together with Lisa to learn more. Jay Z wrote in 4:44 “I’m not the man I thought I was and I better be that man for my children.” The same is true for me. I want a second chance in the community but I know I’ve got work to do to earn it. I have goals that are now priorities. Trust me, this isn’t an overnight process. I’ve been trying to do this for 10 years and this is a wake-up call. I cannot be more remorseful about the people I hurt and I plan to do right by all of them.

I am going to need a place to channel that anger so I’ve decided that I’m going to give the NRA my full attention. I hope Wayne LaPierre will enjoy his retirement party. I’m going to do it at the same place I had my Bar Mitzvah. I’m making a movie about our President, perhaps we can make it a joint retirement party.

One year ago, I began organizing a $5 million foundation to give scholarships to women directors at USC. While this might seem coincidental, it has been in the works for a year. It will be named after my mom and I won’t disappoint her.

Lisa Bloom's Statement:

Quote:

Harvey Weinstein and I have had many wide ranging conversations over the last year about rumors and allegations against him. He denies many of the accusations as patently false. Nevertheless, I have explained to him that due to the power difference between a major studio head like him and most others in the industry, whatever his motives, some of his words and behaviors can be perceived as inappropriate, even intimidating.

As a women’s rights advocate, I have been blunt with Harvey and he has listened to me. I have told him that times have changed, it is 2017, and he needs to evolve to a higher standard. I have found Harvey to be refreshingly candid and receptive to my message. He has acknowledged mistakes he has made. He is reading books and going to therapy. He is an old dinosaur learning new ways.

He wants to reach out to any of the women who may have issues with him to talk to them in a respectful, peaceful way, with me present if that is acceptable to them. He has been working on a major foundation with USC with one of the largest grants for female directors, which started well over a year ago. And as we work together on a project bringing my book to the screen, he has always been respectful toward me.

He is deeply bothered by his some of his emotional responses. He has been working on his temper for over ten years and is chagrined the issue still plagues him. He recognizes he needs time off to focus on this issue and has much to learn. He wants to reach out to teachers with expertise in this area.

Harvey is not going to demean or attack any of the women making accusations against him, although he does dispute many of the allegations. Instead, he is going to use this as a painful learning experience to grow into a better man. I will continue to work with him personally for as long as it takes.

In addition, Harvey has asked me to do a comprehensive review of his company’s policies and practices regarding women in the workplace. I will make recommendations to ensure that gender equality and zero tolerance for workplace misconduct aren’t just goals, but a reality.

October 5, 2017
http://deadline.com/2017/10/harvey-w...ns-1202182912/
Attached Images

Last edited by JamesG; 05-25-2018 at 12:37 PM.
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:58 PM   #2
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Harvey Weinstein Terminated from The Weinstein Company
by Mia Galuppo
Oct. 8, 2017

Harvey Weinstein has been terminated as co-chairman of The Weinstein Company.

"In light of new information about misconduct by Harvey Weinstein that has emerged in the past few days...the directors of The Weinstein Company -— Robert Weinstein, Lance Maerov, Richard Koenigsberg and Tarak Ben Ammar — have determined, and have informed Harvey Weinstein, that his employment with The Weinstein Company is terminated, effective immediately," read a statement.

The board made the decision to oust Weinstein at a meeting held Sunday afternoon. The move comes as Weinstein was insisting that he maintain a path to return to the company after an indefinite leave of absence. TWC is now being run by his brother and TWC co-chairman Bob Weinstein alongside president/COO David Glasser.

A response to a message to Weinstein's attorney, Charles Harder, for comment from the mogul steered media requests to Sallie Hofmeister of strategic communications firms Sitrick and Company, who told The Hollywood Reporter: "I can’t reach him at the moment. He’s unavailable. Apologies."

Sources say Weinstein has been staying at the Peninsula Hotel in Beverly Hills since Friday night.

Also on Friday, high-profile attorney Lisa Bloom has stepped down from her role as an adviser to Harvey Weinstein.

Bloom has been under fire since the news broke that she was part of Weinstein’s legal team. The feminist lawyer is known for representing women against high-profile harassers, such as Bill O’Reilly and Bill Cosby, and many of her supporters saw her work with Weinstein as a betrayal of her values.

https://www.aol.com/article/entertai...pany/23236705/
Old 10-08-2017, 10:33 PM   #3
Babalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
Also on Friday, high-profile attorney Lisa Bloom has stepped down from her role as an adviser to Harvey Weinstein.

Bloom has been under fire since the news broke that she was part of Weinstein’s legal team. The feminist lawyer is known for representing women against high-profile harassers, such as Bill O’Reilly and Bill Cosby, and many of her supporters saw her work with Weinstein as a betrayal of her values.

Why would anyone with half a brain be surprised that Hollywood liberals have no morals or conscience? Lisa Bloom is Gloria Allred's daughter no less.

This should be a wake up call especially to people here that confuse actor's fictional parts and real life. They do nothing but what's good for themselves. When they speak out for left wing causes it's part stupidity and part career advancement.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:35 PM   #4
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Harvey Weinstein Arraigned on Felony Sex Crime Charges, Pleads Not Guilty
by Dawn C. Chmielewski and Dominic Patten
May 25, 2018

Disgraced Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein was arraigned today on felony sex crime charges in New York Criminal Court, where the judge set bail at $1 million cash.

Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance, Jr. said Weinstein has been charged with two counts of rape — one involving force — as well as criminal sexual act in the first degree, for alleged assaults against two women that occurred in 2013 and 2004.

Today’s charges reflect significant progress in this active, ongoing investigation,” Vance said in a statement. “I thank the brave survivors who have come forward, and my Office’s prosecutors who have worked tirelessly on this investigation.

Court documents charge that one woman, believed to be Lucia Evans, an aspiring actress who was forced to perform oral sex on Weinstein during a meeting at the company’s Greenwich Street offices in 2004. A second person was raped at a Lexington Avenue hotel on March 18, 2013, the district attorney charges.

Some 80 women have come forward to accuse Weinstein of a range of sexual misconduct, from harassment to assault. Vance has been under enormous public pressure to bring criminal charges against the once-powerful producer, after it was revealed that he declined to press charges after Italian model Ambra Battilana Gutierrez participated in a sting operation that obtained an incriminating recording.

This defendant used his position, money and power to lure young women into situations where he was able to violate them sexually,” Manhattan Assistant Attorney Joan Illuzzi-Orbon said in court, according to published reports. Weinstein raised his eyebrows as he heard it.

Genie Harrison, the attorney representing former Weinstein assistant Sandeep Rehal in her sexual harassment lawsuit, applauded the development, which she said is long overdue.

Harvey Weinstein should have been arrested and prosecuted a long time ago for his prolific criminal sexual acts. Had he been held accountable years ago, there would be fewer victims of his sex crimes,” Harrison said. “His #TimesUp because so many fierce women have said #MeToo. We anxiously await the video of his surrender and will relish, and perhaps even frame, his mug shot.

Weinstein’s lawyer, Benjamin Brafman, met with reporters on the court steps following the arraignment. He said his client entered a plea of not guilty, and will attempt to have the charges dismissed.

Brafman said Weinstein maintains that any sexual acts were consensual, and “vigorously denied” that the women did anything against their will.

Mr. Weinstein did not invent the casting couch in Hollywood,” Brafman said. “To the extent there is bad behavior in Hollywood, that is not what this case is about.

The attorney said Weinstein’s accusers, once subjected to cross-examination, “will not be believed” by a jury of 12 — “assuming we get 12 people who are not consumed by the moment.

That’s a reference to #MeToo movement that sprang from initial reporting of Weinstein’s alleged sexual misconduct.

Weinstein surrendered his passport and paid the $1 million cash bail, Brafman said. Weinstein also agreed to around-the-clock electronic monitoring and a ban on travel beyond New York and Connecticut.

He’s scheduled to appear in court on July 30.

http://deadline.com/2018/05/harvey-w...rk-1202398091/
Attached Images

Old 05-25-2018, 05:15 PM   #5
Babalu

I'm sure all the 'feminist' attorneys are licking their chops over how much money they'll make off this. They blather on about morality but if you took away their big buck fees they'd be gone in a split second.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:47 PM   #6
MISST3

Now, allegations against Morgan Freeman! Say it isn't so! That's too much.
MISST3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 09:54 PM   #7
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran

Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISST3
Now, allegations against Morgan Freeman! Say it isn't so! That's too much.
It's like if you're a male celebrity...you're crucified!

If Freeman ever lived when I make my show Bertstown...I want him to play God since he did a great job as The Almighty One in Bruce Almighty...

Lee Hazlewood (1929-2007)
MrCleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 11:37 PM   #8
IllinoisTVFan

Sex harassers can be liberals or conservatives. Weinstein is slime and would be a slime regardless of his political views. I have dealt with sexual harassment and assault and trust me, it's nothing funny.
IllinoisTVFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:15 AM   #9
Babalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisTVFan
Sex harassers can be liberals or conservatives. Weinstein is slime and would be a slime regardless of his political views. I have dealt with sexual harassment and assault and trust me, it's nothing funny.
No one is saying that conservatives can't be sexual harassers. But Hollywood liberals are always the ones preaching about women's rights, etc. in public when they're treating women like crap in private. Then they'll tell you whom to vote for and how to live your life because they're so much better than you are.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:02 PM   #10
IllinoisTVFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu
No one is saying that conservatives can't be sexual harassers. But Hollywood liberals are always the ones preaching about women's rights, etc. in public when they're treating women like crap in private. Then they'll tell you whom to vote for and how to live your life because they're so much better than you are.
Well, they're idiots and I don't listen to them (and never have). Besides, having worked as a model and actress I have seen many harassers (women too ironically though mostly men).
IllinoisTVFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 05:34 PM   #11
katsung47
Forum Regular

Spy agency rules US.

The Feds(FBI) rule this country by extortion and intimidation. Many politicians committed sex crimes. Roy Moore unfortunately is pick up as the scapegoat to intimidate others, be obedient or otherwise be Moore likewise.

This time is a start for the mid term election. An intimidation to the left side.
katsung47 is offline   Reply With Quote