Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Guests Line Up for Caroline Rhea Series; UnREAL Season 4 Premieres on Hulu
Celebrities Get Animated on Animal Planet; Freeform Drama Pilot Underway
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 16, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Game of Thrones Leads Emmy Nominations; New Beverly Hillbillies DVDs Coming in October
Fri-Yay: What Was the Best Decade for Sitcoms?; The 70th Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations
Netflix Gets Christina Applegate Comedy; South Park Returns Sept. 26 for Season 22
Alone Together Returns Aug. 1 on Freeform; Sony Crackle Gets Rob Riggle Comedy

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July)

New Girl - The Complete Seventh Season Alice - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Second Season

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
07/03 - New Girl - The Final (Seventh) Season
07/10 - Alice - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - The Bill Engvall Show - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season
07/10 - The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season
07/17 - Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Good Place - The Complete Second Season
07/17 - Son of Zorn - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-03-2017, 02:57 PM   #16
Steve_uk

It's an age one expects individuals to be steeped in firmer values from the past or associates with a Beatles song, a time to take a breather from the stresses and strains of raising your own family, welcome your grandchildren and wind down in expectation of taking life a little easier in your remaining years.

Outwardly he appeared frighteningly normal: a couple of divorces under his belt, but that's no big deal in the modern throwaway society we have come to know and expect. No money worries, no arguments over family relationships, no grudge against a former employer. Just a normal, middle-class, suburban male on vacation to enjoy a Country and Western concert alongside 22000 others.

Yet this man stood apart. Is there some concealed mystery in his past, some genetic connection to his gangster, psychopathic father with suicidal traits, who abandoned his son at 14 years of age? Maybe he was worrying about the onset of old age in a world from which he had become dissociated, downgraded by the newer generation, no longer content with life's vices of gambling, drinking or prostitution. Time had moved on, yet the only individual he seemed to care about was his 90-year-old mother, for whom he bought cookies and a walking frame. She was from the old school, respectable, loyal, dependable, an existence he yearned to regain yet whose virtues now proved elusive.

Or maybe the concern for his mother makes the crimes all the more horrible and inexplicable. Is this just another example of the threnody of the human condition, the banality of evil, the senseless crime?

In short: he killed because he could. A loner who had lost the interconnection of daily lives which keep society moving, the cleaners, the launderers, the emergency service staff who would clean up his bloody mess, and why shouldn't they in their leisure time enjoy a respite in the form of a Harvest Festival of music? Yet this man, sequestered in his den of evil, curtains billowing inwards against the shattered glass, his vantage point chosen specifically to maximise the carnage in his last hour on earth spewed indiscriminately his bullets of hate, knowing full well he would forfeit his own meaningless life in the process and never be forced to confront the consequences of his actions.

Last edited by Steve_uk; 10-03-2017 at 04:06 PM.
Steve_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:24 PM   #17
PhoenixAcres

It's unbelievable how this is so common these days. There are some really sick, sick minds out there. Killing is never the right answer to your problems and it doesn't accomplish anything. All it does is perpetuate and multiply the suffering and pain.

I pray that all those affected are given the strength and courage to get through this and recover from the evil thrust upon them.
PhoenixAcres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:29 PM   #18
JSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_uk
It's an age one expects individuals to be steeped in firmer values from the past or associates with a Beatles song, a time to take a breather from the stresses and strains of raising your own family, welcome your grandchildren and wind down in expectation of taking life a little easier in your remaining years.

Outwardly he appeared frighteningly normal: a couple of divorces under his belt, but that's no big deal in the modern throwaway society we have come to know and expect. No money worries, no arguments over family relationships, no grudge against a former employer. Just a normal, middle-class, suburban male on vacation to enjoy a Country and Western concert alongside 22000 others.

Yet this man stood apart. Is there some concealed mystery in his past, some genetic connection to his gangster, psychopathic father with suicidal traits, who abandoned his son at 14 years of age? Maybe he was worrying about the onset of old age in a world from which he had become dissociated, downgraded by the newer generation, no longer content with life's vices of gambling, drinking or prostitution. Time had moved on, yet the only individual he seemed to care about was his 90-year-old mother, for whom he bought cookies and a walking frame. She was from the old school, respectable, loyal, dependable, an existence he yearned to regain yet whose virtues now proved elusive.

Or maybe the concern for his mother makes the crimes all the more horrible and inexplicable. Is this just another example of the threnody of the human condition, the banality of evil, the senseless crime?

In short: he killed because he could. A loner who had lost the interconnection of daily lives which keep society moving, the cleaners, the launderers, the emergency service staff who would clean up his bloody mess, and why shouldn't they in their leisure time enjoy a respite in the form of a Harvest Festival of music? Yet this man, sequestered in his den of evil, curtains billowing inwards against the shattered glass, his vantage point chosen specifically to maximise the carnage in his last hour on earth spewed indiscriminately his bullets of hate, knowing full well he would forfeit his own meaningless life in the process and never be forced to confront the consequences of his actions.
Very eloquently put. You sound like a journalist giving commentary on what happened. If you're not in the entertainment field, you should be.
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 03:35 PM   #19
Steve_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP
Very eloquently put. You sound like a journalist giving commentary on what happened. If you're not in the entertainment field, you should be.
Thank you JSP but I'll leave the journalism to Adam Housley. I'll also leave the firearms debate to Americans, but there's surely a difference between a housewife in a tough neighbourhood concealing a revolver in her purse and a maniac in a public space possessing 23 guns.
Steve_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 03:56 PM   #20
JSP

Quote:
I'll also leave the firearms debate to Americans, but there's surely a difference between a housewife in a tough neighbourhood concealing a revolver in her purse and a maniac in a public space possessing 23 guns.
I agree. I believe in the second amendment and I support people having the right to own handguns and shotguns for self-defense wnd hunting purposes, but assault weapons are not for self-defense. Just for aggression. Weve got to do something about that.
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:07 PM   #21
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran

Location: The Rodney Dangerfield of Cities. C-Town Gets NO Respect!
Oh No

All I can say is...2017 can't leave fast enough...

My church will have a prayer service throughout three days...I may go to one...

Lee Hazlewood (1929-2007)
MrCleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:45 PM   #22
Lee
veteran member

Quote:
Well said, Steve_uk
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:48 PM   #23
Lee
veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixAcres
It's unbelievable how this is so common these days. There are some really sick, sick minds out there. Killing is never the right answer to your problems and it doesn't accomplish anything. All it does is perpetuate and multiply the suffering and pain.

I pray that all those affected are given the strength and courage to get through this and recover from the evil thrust upon them.
Amen!
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 05:01 PM   #24
Regulus

If this is isn't a case of demonic possession I don't know what it was.

Bucket List Shows: Hot Wheels, Skyhawks, Run Joe Run, Westwood
Regulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:23 PM   #25
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Jason Aldean Reveals What he was Thinking during Vegas Shooting
by Allison Stubblebine, Billboard
11/14/2017

For the first time since the mass shooting that took place during Jason Aldean's set at the Route 91 Harvest Festival in Las Vegas on Oct. 1, the country singer sat down with the "Today" show on Tuesday morning to explain how he felt on that horrible night.

Aldean described the moments leading up to his running offstage after he realized what was going on. So when it first happened, I thought a speaker had blown is what I thought. It just sounded like a crackling something, he said.

And so, you know, Im kind of looking around like, 'What is that?' Trying to figure out what it is. Well then it stopped. So I was like, alright well they must have got it fixed. And so I kept doing my thing, and then it happened again and it lasted longer the second time.

Aldean explained that as the sound continued, the reality of the situation did not hit him until he looked around to see where his guitarist was.

So then I was actually kind of getting aggravated, so I looked over at my monitor guy thats on the side of the stage as if to say, 'What is that?' And, 'fix it.' And when I turned to look my guitar player had run behind me and was telling me to move, to 'lets go,' and my security guy was running on stage telling me to run.

It was so hectic, I mean you just, everybody was scrambling," Aldean said of the moments that followed. You just didnt know what was going on. It was just panic, is probably the best way I could describe it. I think everybody just kind of panicked and didnt really know where to go or what to do, 'cause I mean were not in that situation. I mean, Ive never been in that situation before you know, and obviously nobody else out there had either. So it was just kind of crazy. Pandemonium.

The singer explained that seeing his family was his first priority after leaving Vegas, but that quickly leaving the area didn't give him time to properly process the trauma.

Of course, as we have seen from the Nov. 12 Country Rising benefit show, where Aldean and fellow country stars including Lady Antebellum, Sam Hunt and more performed and raised $4 million for victims of this tragedy as well as for hurricane relief getting back to work was therapeutic.

Aldean added, Honestly being back onstage probably helped us more than anything.

Aldean has obviously been very moved by the tragedy which took the lives of 58 fans and injured more than 500 offering a bit of insight as to how the worst mass shooting in modern American history made him think about some of the political issues that arose in its wake regarding gun control.

I feel like at the end of the day theres so much focus on, you know, politics and race and all these other things that just, you know, at the end of the day were all in this together, he said. We spend so much time arguing with each other and not enough time working on the issue thats really the problem.

Of course, one of Aldean's first priorities is healing for himself, and for his fans which he's tried to accomplish by returning to Vegas to visit those harmed at the festival.

I just hope everybody can start to heal and some of this stuff you never get over, but I hope it gets better for everybody as time goes on.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ooting-1057987
Attached Images

JamesG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 09:56 PM   #26
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Jason Aldean on Gun Control Debate: "It's Not My Place to Weigh In"
by Nolan Feeney
March 23, 2018

Nearly six months after a shooter opened fire during one of his concerts, Jason Aldean is staying out of the gun-control debate.

Im not a politician, he says in the new issue of EW, on stands Friday. Im not trying to push my own agenda. If I say that I believe this, Im gonna piss off half of the people, and if I say I believe that, Im gonna piss off the other half. I have my opinions, but what the hell do I know? I think everybody needs to sit down, stop pushing their own agendas, and figure out what will make it safer.

When people cant go to a damn movie or a concert and not worry about somebody shooting the place up, theres a flaw in the system.

He does, however, identify one possible contributing factor:

Im not a pro but I think part of the issue is kids at home playing virtual reality games where theyre shooting people all day. They sit down for hours and hours, and that starts to become actual reality. Get out and throw a ball, you know what Im saying? I think thats part of the problem, but I dont know.

Aldean, whose new record, 'Rearview Town', arrives April 13, is still navigating his platform as an entertainer and survivor. But he hopes to leave questions about Vegas behind after this album:

I never want people to feel like Im exploiting that situation and trying to hawk my records Im just hoping that on this album cycle, we talk about whatever people want to know so we can go, Okay, theres nothing left to say, lets focus on whatever we do next from here on out.'

http://ew.com/music/2018/03/23/jason...rol-interview/
Old 03-25-2018, 12:09 PM   #27
Babalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
Nearly six months after a shooter opened fire during one of his concerts, Jason Aldean is staying out of the gun-control debate.

Im not a politician, he says in the new issue of EW, on stands Friday. Im not trying to push my own agenda. If I say that I believe this, Im gonna piss off half of the people, and if I say I believe that, Im gonna piss off the other half. I have my opinions, but what the hell do I know? I think everybody needs to sit down, stop pushing their own agendas, and figure out what will make it safer.

If only the rest of the moronic know-nothing self-important celebrities had this much common sense.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:19 PM   #28
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

MGM Resorts International Sues more than 1,000 Victims from Las Vegas Mass Shooting, Denying Any Liability
by Kate Feldman
July 17, 2018

MGM Resorts International claimed in a new lawsuit that it has no liability in any of the injuries or deaths in the October mass shooting in Las Vegas. MGM has sued more than 1,000 victims of the shooting.

The company, which owns Mandalay Bay and the Route 91 Harvest festival venue, argued that its security vendor took all necessary precautions, approved by the Department of Homeland Security, for “protecting against and responding to acts of mass injury and destruction,” according to the suit acquired by the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

I’ve never seen a more outrageous thing, where they sue the victims in an effort to find a judge they like,” attorney Robert Eglet, who represented some of the victims, told the Review-Journal, accusing MGM of “judge-shopping” in federal court, rather than state court where he believes any lawsuits should be filed.

It’s just really sad that they would stoop to this level.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...lity/23483863/