Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

To have your access for this board blocked, please PM TJ.

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Politics
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites
ION Television Gets Festive for Holidays; USA Schedules Psych: The Movie

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-27-2017, 01:24 PM   #1
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Oh No Another reason that I'm boycotting football!...

Not only my city has The Cleveland Clowns who aren't even close to a team, but look at this ****!...

Quote:
NFL is winning in fight against President Trump
Christine Brennan, USA TODAY Sports Published 1:32 p.m. ET Sept. 26, 2017

When Donald Trump veered off on one of his venomous tangents in a speech in Alabama Friday night, calling an African American athlete exercising his First Amendment rights a “son of a bitch,” he almost certainly never would have envisioned the picture that would lead the national news 72 hours later:

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, a staunch Trump supporter, taking a knee on the field with his players before the national anthem.

Congratulations, Mr. President. You’ve created hundreds of Colin Kaepernicks.

With your divisive rhetoric, you’ve united NFL owners and players. That has always been difficult to do on almost any subject. You made it look easy.

As they kneeled or stood and locked arms before and/or during the national anthem Sunday and Monday at games around the country and in London — or didn't appear for the anthem at all — they weren’t necessarily thinking about Kaepernick and his fight against social injustice.

They were thinking about you.

They were protesting you. They were protesting what you said and how you said it.

They were repudiating you.

Trump can spin this any which way he wants as he whiles away the hours on Twitter, but this time he has met his match. He has picked on people who have a megaphone as large as he does. He has gone after athletes with massive Twitter followings, with microphones in their faces and with devoted fans from red states as well as blue. It’s NFL players, it’s NBA players, it’s NBA coaches: talk about fire and fury. They’re letting Trump have it.

Then there are the owners. They, too, have criticized Trump. They’ve locked arms with their players and Jones, of course, took a knee.

These are Trump’s people. Quite a few voted for him and donated to his campaign and inaugural committee. Not long ago, he desperately wanted to be one of them, to own an NFL team. Now, even they are against him.

He's not taking this well. If we've learned anything about his Twitter habits, it's that he never knows when to stop. Half of his eight tweets before noon Tuesday were about the NFL.

He kicked things off with this:

“Ratings for NFL football are way down except before the game starts, when people tune in to see whether or not our country will be disrespected!”

Turns out, NFL ratings were up for the weekend and way up for Monday Night Football.

Next: “The booing at the NFL football game last night, when the entire Dallas team dropped to its knees, was loudest I have ever heard. Great anger.”

Arizona fans booing the Dallas Cowboys? Who knew?

“But while Dallas dropped to its knees as a team, they all stood up for our National Anthem. Big progress being made-we all love our country!”

Sounds like our man is moving the goal posts now, trying to do anything to declare victory after a lost weekend.

And, finally: “The NFL has all sorts of rules and regulations. The only way out for them is to set a rule that you can’t kneel during our National Anthem!”

Let’s all hold our breath while the NFL Competition Committee writes up that one.

Clearly, Trump is obsessed with this. The worse it goes for him, the more he probably will tweet.

Who should Trump blame for all of this? The Kaepernick story had all but burned itself out until he himself brought it back to life, deciding to declare war on American sports and ruin his weekend.

I can care less about Trump and the NFL! To me, Donald Trump is the Cleveland Clowns of Presidents!

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 09-27-2017, 03:40 PM   #2
Babalu

This is what happens when you let bimbos comment on sports.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Old 09-27-2017, 04:16 PM   #3
IllinoisTVFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu
This is what happens when you let bimbos comment on sports.

ow do you know she's a bimbo? Or is a general attack on women? See, I'm a woman and far from a bimbo. In fact, my IQ makes me smarter than 98% of the population which includes most men. Maybe you were stating she was stupid because she is and not because she's a woman but to me when people use bimbo they mean women. Btw I Googled her and she doesn't sound like a bimbo at all.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:04 PM   #4
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisTVFan
ow do you know she's a bimbo? Or is a general attack on women? See, I'm a woman and far from a bimbo. In fact, my IQ makes me smarter than 98% of the population which includes most men. Maybe you were stating she was stupid because she is and not because she's a woman but to me when people use bimbo they mean women. Btw I Googled her and she doesn't sound like a bimbo at all.

I think the NFL, especially the Cleveland Clowns act like blondes! It's bad enough that my city has an excuse for a team, but with it being political...I'd take a knee for better entertainment than the Notrious Flopped Losers!...And I don't even mean the Cleveland Clowns either!...

PS-I have nothing against blondes, there's many who are geniuses...the NFL on the other hand...is nothing more than a fake concept... even the WWE is getting more real!
Old 09-27-2017, 11:07 PM   #5
IllinoisTVFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland
I think the NFL, especially the Cleveland Clowns act like blondes! It's bad enough that my city has an excuse for a team, but with it being political...I'd take a knee for better entertainment than the Notrious Flopped Losers!...And I don't even mean the Cleveland Clowns either!...

PS-I have nothing against blondes, there's many who are geniuses...the NFL on the other hand...is nothing more than a fake concept... even the WWE is getting more real!

Well does anyone expect sports stars to be geniuses? Some are but depending on the sport, not important. When I was in high school the "lesser" sports were expected to get good grades, etc but certain sports were exempt. For example in the fall I was in varsity cross country and every week I had to go around to all my teachers to make sure I had a 3.0. Football players didn't, and in fact teachers gave them leeway. We also had to pay for our banquet, they didn't.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:52 PM   #6
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisTVFan
Well does anyone expect sports stars to be geniuses? Some are but depending on the sport, not important. When I was in high school the "lesser" sports were expected to get good grades, etc but certain sports were exempt. For example in the fall I was in varsity cross country and every week I had to go around to all my teachers to make sure I had a 3.0. Football players didn't, and in fact teachers gave them leeway. We also had to pay for our banquet, they didn't.

When I went to grade school, the students needed good grades to play sports.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:12 PM   #7
SunnyDay
Occasional Poster

Who cares? I watch football for football. That's it. Why overinflate this issue anymore than it has to be.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:08 PM   #8
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDay
Who cares? I watch football for football. That's it. Why overinflate this issue anymore than it has to be.

I'd watch football again if Cleveland had a football team... what we have is The Cleveland Clowns...they could lose to a little league team!
Old 10-03-2017, 09:35 PM   #9
PhoenixAcres
Happy Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDay
That's why everyone is so upset. People want to just watch football and have fun. Bringing politics into the situation makes it stressful and tense.