Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

To have your access for this board blocked, please PM TJ.

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Politics
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites
ION Television Gets Festive for Holidays; USA Schedules Psych: The Movie

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-27-2017, 05:51 PM   #46
Wawwie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandito
why don't the rest of the high priced African Americans donate a portion of their salaries to the poor folk in the inner cities? Because they could give a sh^t less.
You are so grossly wrong. One example... Richard Sherman has a foundation for underprivileged children and homeless people. That's just ONE example.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:37 PM   #47
Svenfan1234
Berwyn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH Nuts!
I may not agree with you about a lot but I TOTALLY agree with you about this. Seeing anyone, but especially pampered HIGHLY paid celebrities "peeing" on our flag and anthem MAKES my blood boil. And the gall to do it on other's time too; flagrantly disrespectful to all but especially to veterans and service personnel who sacrifice for our freedom.

If these over indulged celebs must have their little hissy-fits they should do it with their OWN time and money. And be willing to take the consequences for their behavior too. (When Jane Fonda got spat on by that veteran my first thought was his spittle was to good for her.)

It's too bad many of the celebrities only care about themselves and not other, underprivileged people. Really too bad.

Shout! Factory, PLEASE release a complete series set of St. Elsewhere!!!
Old 09-27-2017, 07:35 PM   #48
Jaqui-Michel
Forum Regular
Brick City Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadTheKing
I am sick and tired of people saying the protests have nothing to do with the flag or the anthem. If so, then why do they do it only when the anthem is played? They are showing their lack of respect for our country. Oh, also, do not bring Nazis or KKK into this. This is about protesting at an inappropriate time. I see no protests at half time or during time outs. They are trying to hurt our country by acting like our flag and anthem are not worthy of their love and respect. If you want my sympathy or my attention, do not spit on me or my great flag and anthem. If you do, you will get nothing but my anger and disgust. Unlike the liberals I believe very much in he first amendment for everybody. But have some respect. I see no protesters at MLK day celebrations. Remember, you have freedom of speech. You have no freedom from the consequences of your speech. As the NFL is finding out.

The flag/anthem means different things to different people. Just because you feel a certain way about the flag does mean I have to feel the same. And last I checked MLK was an American hero - why would there be protests?
Old 09-27-2017, 08:25 PM   #49
TMC
Forum Veteran

Soap Actress Tonja Walker Backtracks After Racist Tweet: "My best friend's daughter is Black."

She posted and deleted this tweet afterwards:

Quote:
"Hi everyone. I've been so hurt by people saying I'm a racist, when my best friends' daughter is black.Totally wrong.This is destroying me."

— Tonja Walker (@TonjaWalker) September 27, 2017

Old 09-27-2017, 10:07 PM   #50
Babalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenfan1234

It's too bad many of the celebrities only care about themselves and not other, underprivileged people. Really too bad.

They care about people in theory but not in practice. Martin Sheen became honorary mayor of Beverly Hills for a day and he immediately declared Beverly Hills a haven for the homeless. So someone posted Martin Sheen's address in public and told all the homeless people to go to Sheen's house. Sheen said, "My heart is big but my house isn't", and refused to let any of the homeless into his house. What a great shock.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Old 09-27-2017, 11:06 PM   #51
JSP

Only Trump could turn Conservatives away from, and liberals toward, NFL football.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:32 PM   #52
IllinoisTVFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP
Here’s what White Privilege is: a white person can walk into a predominantly black neighborhood without being looked at suspiciously or pulled over by the cops, however the reverse is not quite true for balck people in a predominantly white neighborhood. Also, white privilege was the fact that back in the day white people could eat at any restaurant they wanted, but black people either couldn’t or had to be restricted to a certain area. What you take for granted is considered a privilege to others.

I get what you're saying but white people who go into black areas are looked at wondering. Depending on the area, but if it is a low income black area and a white goes there people will think they are seeking drugs (even if not).
Old 09-28-2017, 09:23 AM   #53
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadTheKing
Like our President, I am tired of these overpaid babies in the NFL disrespecting our flag and anthem at games, in a cheap attempt at pretending they care about issues. Guess what? They are RICH! If they really cared, put your money where your mouth is and BUY airtime to highlight the "issues" you say you care about. Leave our great country out of it. We tune in to games to forget all the crap we have to put up with every day and feel good about our country and our lives. I am with Trump! Fire the jerks!

If these football players have a gripe about something and want to protest, I would think they could find another way to do it instead of disrespecting the national anthem and not standing up for it. But I think they do this because they know the media will support them and give them attention. If the media would shun this behavior, ignore it and report only on the football games, then maybe their disrespect of our national anthem would stop. These players aren't getting any sympathy from me, they make too much money and many of them would be thugs on the streets committing crimes if they didn't have a talent for playing sports.

And I thought the NFL has a rule in the rule book that says all players must stand at attention for the national anthem?? What happened to this rule, did they tear the page out from the book?

Last edited by retroTVfan4ever : 09-28-2017 at 10:50 AM.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:42 AM   #54
OH Nuts!
Forum Legend
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu
They care about people in theory but not in practice. Martin Sheen became honorary mayor of Beverly Hills for a day and he immediately declared Beverly Hills a haven for the homeless. So someone posted Martin Sheen's address in public and told all the homeless people to go to Sheen's house. Sheen said, "My heart is big but my house isn't", and refused to let any of the homeless into his house. What a great shock.

Yup they love to grandstand, so they get what they deserve. If you've got big lined pockets and want to convince me you really care about the homeless here are some ways: volunteer semi-regularly at a soup kitchen, give a serious donation to a homeless charity (like at least $200K), pick a non holidayday to be a Santa with food and gifts to a homeless shelter housing families). Talk is cheap; action is not.

xxoo You both Rock!!
Old 09-28-2017, 11:25 AM   #55
Jaqui-Michel
Forum Regular
Brick City Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever
These players aren't getting any sympathy from me, many of them would be thugs on the streets committing crimes if they didn't have a talent for playing sports.

You do know that these athletes went to college and have real degrees. This type of thinking is exactly why there is a protest. You really think that these guys would just be common criminals on the street without sports. That's sad. This is exactly why there is a protest.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:13 PM   #56
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaqui-Michel
You do know that these athletes went to college and have real degrees.

LOL, degrees for what? Some might have degrees but some don't even finish college and use it as a stepping stone to jump into pro sports.

Quote:
You really think that these guys would just be common criminals on the street without sports.

Yes I think some of them would be. Not all of them. And disrespecting our national anthem by not standing at full attention for it prior to the games is inexcusable and doesn't provide me with a reason to have sympathy for their cause. Stand up for the anthem, find another way to protest. For example, wear a patch on their uniforms, whatever.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:14 PM   #57
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Oh No

I can't even watch the NFL because of the Cleveland Clowns!

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 09-28-2017, 02:55 PM   #58
DadTheKing
Forum Regular

Quote:
The flag/anthem means different things to different people. Just because you feel a certain way about the flag does mean I have to feel the same. And last I checked MLK was an American hero - why would there be protests?
Before a football game, there is a ceremony. Them most sacred part of the ceremony is the flag/anthem. No matter what you think of the flag/anthem, out of respect for the country, the people who dies for us, and all the things our great country represents, you take a lousy 3 minutes and reflect upon that. If you hate the country , at least have some respect and shut up for 3 minutes. It is not going to kill you. This disrespect is trickling down to our childrens games. Do you like that? Are we becoming a bunch of selfish whiners, who are ready to tear down and destroy anything to get our way? Have we lost all respect for anything but our own selfish needs? That is what you post tells me. You even have the gall to act as if MLK is more deserving of respect than the flag! News flash! Without our great flag and the country it represents, there would be no MLK! America is the greatest country in the history of the world. You cannot point to any country that has done 10% of what America has done for the world! God Bless America!
Old 09-28-2017, 07:53 PM   #59
Wawwie

^^^^^ I'm pretty sure you supported "peaceful protests." But now you change your tune because you don't like how they are protesting or what they are protesting.

Hypocrite?
Old 09-29-2017, 10:19 AM   #60
Jaqui-Michel
Forum Regular
Brick City Citizen

You think the pioneers of the Civil and Women's Rights movements would have had any success by just wearing a patch on their clothing or protesting at times and places when it was convenient? Were they being selfish whiners to get their way? Of course not because the need for equality and fairness is not selfish need.