Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

To have your access for this board blocked, please PM TJ.

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Politics
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-26-2017, 08:35 AM   #31
Alan Brady's Hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP
What are you looking for proof of?

It's true that most black Americans are the descendants of slaves, but you didn't provide any sort of evidence of any of the other statements that you made. You have a narrative, but it's not persuasive because there are no facts to go with it.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:16 AM   #32
OH Nuts!
Forum Legend
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadTheKing
Like our President, I am tired of these overpaid babies in the NFL disrespecting our flag and anthem at games, in a cheap attempt at pretending they care about issues. Guess what? They are RICH! If they really cared, put your money where your mouth is and BUY airtime to highlight the "issues" you say you care about. Leave our great country out of it. We tune in to games to forget all the crap we have to put up with every day and feel good about our country and our lives. I am with Trump! Fire the jerks!

I may not agree with you about a lot but I TOTALLY agree with you about this. Seeing anyone, but especially pampered HIGHLY paid celebrities "peeing" on our flag and anthem MAKES my blood boil. And the gall to do it on other's time too; flagrantly disrespectful to all but especially to veterans and service personnel who sacrifice for our freedom.

If these over indulged celebs must have their little hissy-fits they should do it with their OWN time and money. And be willing to take the consequences for their behavior too. (When Jane Fonda got spat on by that veteran my first thought was his spittle was to good for her.)

xxoo You both Rock!!
Old 09-26-2017, 09:19 AM   #33
JSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Brady's Hair
It's true that most black Americans are the descendants of slaves, but you didn't provide any sort of evidence of any of the other statements that you made. You have a narrative, but it's not persuasive because there are no facts to go with it.
Hereís what White Privilege is: a white person can walk into a predominantly black neighborhood without being looked at suspiciously or pulled over by the cops, however the reverse is not quite true for balck people in a predominantly white neighborhood. Also, white privilege was the fact that back in the day white people could eat at any restaurant they wanted, but black people either couldnít or had to be restricted to a certain area. What you take for granted is considered a privilege to others.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:22 PM   #34
bandito
Going Topless

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP
Hereís what White Privilege is: a white person can walk into a predominantly black neighborhood without being looked at suspiciously or pulled over by the cops, however the reverse is not quite true for balck people in a predominantly white neighborhood. Also, white privilege was the fact that back in the day white people could eat at any restaurant they wanted, but black people either couldnít or had to be restricted to a certain area. What you take for granted is considered a privilege to others.
Dude, you're living in the past. Times have changed GET OVER IT. Blacks have more opportunities than whites it's been proven time and time again. "White Privilege" that's funny.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:32 PM   #35
JSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandito
Dude, you're living in the past. Times have changed GET OVER IT. Blacks have more opportunities than whites it's been proven time and time again. "White Privilege" that's funny.
So, let me ask you this: why do you think folks are kneeling?
Old 09-26-2017, 07:16 PM   #36
broadmoor
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisTVFan
Do you feel the same about the Nazis and the racists? I agree the NFL looks the other way in terms of criminals but this is not a criminal act. In fact in the Constitution we have the right to protest.

I view swastika-waving neo-nazis and kneeling NFL players in the exact same light. They're both human scum. They disgrace the country equally, in exactly the same manner. They also both have a right to protest. The difference here is that the latter is not done on free time, but under the acceptance and (now) encouragement of an employer. That employer, the NFL, an organization that is perfectly fine with disrespecting the flag and spitting on the country, but nixes others who wished to commemorate 9/11 victims or stand with the families of assassinated officers in Dallas. All along with a history of coddling their miscreant players and their vile, thuggish behavior of rape, violence, and gross indecency.

Trump was 100% correct in calling out these scumbag players, although the true malignancy here is the NFL, which has the power and the responsibility, but always sides with cultural degeneracy. I spit on both the kneeling players and the NFL. May they both die in flames.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:21 PM   #37
bandito
Going Topless

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP
So, let me ask you this: why do you think folks are kneeling?
Because they're over paid spoiled Idiots that play a game for a living. I'll bet if they risked their lives everyday fighting for our freedoms you can bet your azz they would stand for the anthem. As they count their millions they also should kiss the asses of the brave men and women who make it possible for them to do so.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:26 PM   #38
JSP

Quote:
Because they're over paid spoiled Idiots that play a game for a living. I'll bet if they risked their lives everyday fighting for our freedoms you can bet your azz they would stand for the anthem. As they count their millions they also should kiss the asses of the brave men and women who make it possible for them to do so.
So you donít think theyíre trying to make a thoughtful gesture for the poor minorities, then? They donít have a legitimate grievance? You seem to not understand the symbolism behind the act and donít seem to think those who do it might actually not be selfish ungrateful idiots.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:21 PM   #39
OH Nuts!
Forum Legend
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!

Quote:

You got that right! Disgusted over pampered overpaid.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:36 PM   #40
JSP

If you guys think NFL players are overpaid for what they do, you should see what NFL owners make.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:06 AM   #41
Jaqui-Michel
Forum Regular
Brick City Citizen

These players are peacefully and respectfully protesting for equality and fairness. Do you know that there are over 1600 players in the NFL? Itís pretty safe to say all of them are not wife beaters, murderers, scum or SOBs. So because they make so much money they should shut up and thank God they are not treated like us ďregularĒ minorities? Players like Larry Fitzgerald, Malcolm Jenkins and Anquan Bouldin are good citizens who help their communities with their foundations and have reached out to politicians with their concerns. I applaud them for standing up for those who donít have the means or platform to be heard. Stop acting like their concerns are not legitimate. Look at the current climate in the country.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:44 PM   #42
DadTheKing
Forum Regular

I am sick and tired of people saying the protests have nothing to do with the flag or the anthem. If so, then why do they do it only when the anthem is played? They are showing their lack of respect for our country. Oh, also, do not bring Nazis or KKK into this. This is about protesting at an inappropriate time. I see no protests at half time or during time outs. They are trying to hurt our country by acting like our flag and anthem are not worthy of their love and respect. If you want my sympathy or my attention, do not spit on me or my great flag and anthem. If you do, you will get nothing but my anger and disgust. Unlike the liberals I believe very much in he first amendment for everybody. But have some respect. I see no protesters at MLK day celebrations. Remember, you have freedom of speech. You have no freedom from the consequences of your speech. As the NFL is finding out.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:46 PM   #43
Babalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP
If you guys think NFL players are overpaid for what they do, you should see what NFL owners make.

Holy ****ing ****, what a stupid ****ing thing to say.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Old 09-27-2017, 04:25 PM   #44
bandito
Going Topless

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaqui-Michel
These players are peacefully and respectfully protesting for equality and fairness. Do you know that there are over 1600 players in the NFL? Itís pretty safe to say all of them are not wife beaters, murderers, scum or SOBs. So because they make so much money they should shut up and thank God they are not treated like us ďregularĒ minorities? Players like Larry Fitzgerald, Malcolm Jenkins and Anquan Bouldin are good citizens who help their communities with their foundations and have reached out to politicians with their concerns. I applaud them for standing up for those who donít have the means or platform to be heard. Stop acting like their concerns are not legitimate. Look at the current climate in the country.
These players you talk about are paid extremely well to play a GAME, they aren't paid to protest and shove their views down mine or anyone else's throat. I don't think anyone should shut up, but what they don't understand is the fans who pay their million dollar salaries with their hard working money didn't come to see their stupid displays of protests. Oh, and the handful of players you mentioned may be good citizens, but why don't the rest of the high priced African Americans donate a portion of their salaries to the poor folk in the inner cities? Because they could give a sh^t less. It doesn't matter what you or I think, we don't have the resources to do anything about it. But until the players stop the whiny BS i'm not watching another game.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:48 PM   #45
Wawwie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadTheKing
I am sick and tired of people saying the protests have nothing to do with the flag or the anthem. If so, then why do they do it only when the anthem is played? They are showing their lack of respect for our country. Oh, also, do not bring Nazis or KKK into this. This is about protesting at an inappropriate time. I see no protests at half time or during time outs. They are trying to hurt our country by acting like our flag and anthem are not worthy of their love and respect. If you want my sympathy or my attention, do not spit on me or my great flag and anthem. If you do, you will get nothing but my anger and disgust. Unlike the liberals I believe very much in he first amendment for everybody. But have some respect. I see no protesters at MLK day celebrations. Remember, you have freedom of speech. You have no freedom from the consequences of your speech. As the NFL is finding out.
I think I will bring KKK and nazis into this, because I'm pretty sure you supported "peaceful protests." But now you change your tune because you don't like how they are protesting or what they are protesting.

Hypocrite?