Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Politics

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

The Goldbergs Coming to TV Land; grown-ish Returns in January on Freeform
South Park 8 Day Marathon on Comedy Central; Classic Adult Swim Comedy Returns with Special
NBC Fall Pilot Review: I Feel Bad - Premieres Wednesday (Sept. 19); 70th Annual Primetime Emmy Award Winners
Married with Children Now on WGN America; black-ish Enters National Syndication and Free Sneakers Contest
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 17, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: ABC Orders Script for Designing Women Reboot; James Marsden and Ed Asner Cast in Netflix Series
Fri-Yay: A Look at the Upcoming Sitcom Slate; TV Guide's 1st Annual 100 Best Shows List
Dancing with the Stars Season 27 Cast Has Sitcom Stars; The Young Sheldon STEM Initiative


New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

08/07 - Happy Endings - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
08/15 - A.P. Bio - Season One
08/28 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five
08/28 - Man Seeking Woman - The Complete Third Season
09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2017, 08:35 AM   #31
Alan Brady's Hair
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 30, 2014
Posts: 3,094
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP
What are you looking for proof of?
It's true that most black Americans are the descendants of slaves, but you didn't provide any sort of evidence of any of the other statements that you made. You have a narrative, but it's not persuasive because there are no facts to go with it.
Alan Brady's Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:16 AM   #32
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Legend
 
OH Nuts!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 15, 2005
Posts: 60,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadTheKing
Like our President, I am tired of these overpaid babies in the NFL disrespecting our flag and anthem at games, in a cheap attempt at pretending they care about issues. Guess what? They are RICH! If they really cared, put your money where your mouth is and BUY airtime to highlight the "issues" you say you care about. Leave our great country out of it. We tune in to games to forget all the crap we have to put up with every day and feel good about our country and our lives. I am with Trump! Fire the jerks!
I may not agree with you about a lot but I TOTALLY agree with you about this. Seeing anyone, but especially pampered HIGHLY paid celebrities "peeing" on our flag and anthem MAKES my blood boil. And the gall to do it on other's time too; flagrantly disrespectful to all but especially to veterans and service personnel who sacrifice for our freedom.

If these over indulged celebs must have their little hissy-fits they should do it with their OWN time and money. And be willing to take the consequences for their behavior too. (When Jane Fonda got spat on by that veteran my first thought was his spittle was to good for her.)
__________________
Thank you SHOUT! & Antenna TV

xxoo You both Rock!!
OH Nuts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:19 AM   #33
JSP
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 19, 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Brady's Hair
It's true that most black Americans are the descendants of slaves, but you didn't provide any sort of evidence of any of the other statements that you made. You have a narrative, but it's not persuasive because there are no facts to go with it.
Hereís what White Privilege is: a white person can walk into a predominantly black neighborhood without being looked at suspiciously or pulled over by the cops, however the reverse is not quite true for balck people in a predominantly white neighborhood. Also, white privilege was the fact that back in the day white people could eat at any restaurant they wanted, but black people either couldnít or had to be restricted to a certain area. What you take for granted is considered a privilege to others.
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:22 PM   #34
bandito
Going Topless
Senior Member
 
bandito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 28, 2002
Location: The Steel City
Posts: 6,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP
Hereís what White Privilege is: a white person can walk into a predominantly black neighborhood without being looked at suspiciously or pulled over by the cops, however the reverse is not quite true for balck people in a predominantly white neighborhood. Also, white privilege was the fact that back in the day white people could eat at any restaurant they wanted, but black people either couldnít or had to be restricted to a certain area. What you take for granted is considered a privilege to others.
Dude, you're living in the past. Times have changed GET OVER IT. Blacks have more opportunities than whites it's been proven time and time again. "White Privilege" that's funny.
__________________
bandito
bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:32 PM   #35
JSP
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 19, 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandito
Dude, you're living in the past. Times have changed GET OVER IT. Blacks have more opportunities than whites it's been proven time and time again. "White Privilege" that's funny.
So, let me ask you this: why do you think folks are kneeling?
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:16 PM   #36
broadmoor
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2010
Location: texas
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisTVFan
Do you feel the same about the Nazis and the racists? I agree the NFL looks the other way in terms of criminals but this is not a criminal act. In fact in the Constitution we have the right to protest.
I view swastika-waving neo-nazis and kneeling NFL players in the exact same light. They're both human scum. They disgrace the country equally, in exactly the same manner. They also both have a right to protest. The difference here is that the latter is not done on free time, but under the acceptance and (now) encouragement of an employer. That employer, the NFL, an organization that is perfectly fine with disrespecting the flag and spitting on the country, but nixes others who wished to commemorate 9/11 victims or stand with the families of assassinated officers in Dallas. All along with a history of coddling their miscreant players and their vile, thuggish behavior of rape, violence, and gross indecency.

Trump was 100% correct in calling out these scumbag players, although the true malignancy here is the NFL, which has the power and the responsibility, but always sides with cultural degeneracy. I spit on both the kneeling players and the NFL. May they both die in flames.
broadmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:21 PM   #37
bandito
Going Topless
Senior Member
 
bandito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 28, 2002
Location: The Steel City
Posts: 6,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP
So, let me ask you this: why do you think folks are kneeling?
Because they're over paid spoiled Idiots that play a game for a living. I'll bet if they risked their lives everyday fighting for our freedoms you can bet your azz they would stand for the anthem. As they count their millions they also should kiss the asses of the brave men and women who make it possible for them to do so.
bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:26 PM   #38
JSP
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 19, 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandito
Because they're over paid spoiled Idiots that play a game for a living. I'll bet if they risked their lives everyday fighting for our freedoms you can bet your azz they would stand for the anthem. As they count their millions they also should kiss the asses of the brave men and women who make it possible for them to do so.
So you donít think theyíre trying to make a thoughtful gesture for the poor minorities, then? They donít have a legitimate grievance? You seem to not understand the symbolism behind the act and donít seem to think those who do it might actually not be selfish ungrateful idiots.
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:21 PM   #39
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Legend
 
OH Nuts!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 15, 2005
Posts: 60,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandito
Because they're over paid spoiled Idiots that play a game for a living. I'll bet if they risked their lives everyday fighting for our freedoms you can bet your azz they would stand for the anthem. As they count their millions they also should kiss the asses of the brave men and women who make it possible for them to do so.
You got that right! Disgusted over pampered overpaid.
OH Nuts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:36 PM   #40
JSP
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 19, 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,901
Default

If you guys think NFL players are overpaid for what they do, you should see what NFL owners make.
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:06 AM   #41
Jaqui-Michel
Brick City Citizen
Forum Regular
 
Jaqui-Michel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 22, 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 347
Default

These players are peacefully and respectfully protesting for equality and fairness. Do you know that there are over 1600 players in the NFL? Itís pretty safe to say all of them are not wife beaters, murderers, scum or SOBs. So because they make so much money they should shut up and thank God they are not treated like us ďregularĒ minorities? Players like Larry Fitzgerald, Malcolm Jenkins and Anquan Bouldin are good citizens who help their communities with their foundations and have reached out to politicians with their concerns. I applaud them for standing up for those who donít have the means or platform to be heard. Stop acting like their concerns are not legitimate. Look at the current climate in the country.
__________________
Stupidity - The Silent Killer
Jaqui-Michel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:44 PM   #42
DadTheKing
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 21, 2016
Location: California
Posts: 1,014
Default

I am sick and tired of people saying the protests have nothing to do with the flag or the anthem. If so, then why do they do it only when the anthem is played? They are showing their lack of respect for our country. Oh, also, do not bring Nazis or KKK into this. This is about protesting at an inappropriate time. I see no protests at half time or during time outs. They are trying to hurt our country by acting like our flag and anthem are not worthy of their love and respect. If you want my sympathy or my attention, do not spit on me or my great flag and anthem. If you do, you will get nothing but my anger and disgust. Unlike the liberals I believe very much in he first amendment for everybody. But have some respect. I see no protesters at MLK day celebrations. Remember, you have freedom of speech. You have no freedom from the consequences of your speech. As the NFL is finding out.
DadTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:46 PM   #43
Babalu
Member
Senior Member
 
Babalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 22, 2014
Posts: 2,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP
If you guys think NFL players are overpaid for what they do, you should see what NFL owners make.

Holy ****ing ****, what a stupid ****ing thing to say.
__________________
.








I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 04:25 PM   #44
bandito
Going Topless
Senior Member
 
bandito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 28, 2002
Location: The Steel City
Posts: 6,302
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaqui-Michel
These players are peacefully and respectfully protesting for equality and fairness. Do you know that there are over 1600 players in the NFL? Itís pretty safe to say all of them are not wife beaters, murderers, scum or SOBs. So because they make so much money they should shut up and thank God they are not treated like us ďregularĒ minorities? Players like Larry Fitzgerald, Malcolm Jenkins and Anquan Bouldin are good citizens who help their communities with their foundations and have reached out to politicians with their concerns. I applaud them for standing up for those who donít have the means or platform to be heard. Stop acting like their concerns are not legitimate. Look at the current climate in the country.
These players you talk about are paid extremely well to play a GAME, they aren't paid to protest and shove their views down mine or anyone else's throat. I don't think anyone should shut up, but what they don't understand is the fans who pay their million dollar salaries with their hard working money didn't come to see their stupid displays of protests. Oh, and the handful of players you mentioned may be good citizens, but why don't the rest of the high priced African Americans donate a portion of their salaries to the poor folk in the inner cities? Because they could give a sh^t less. It doesn't matter what you or I think, we don't have the resources to do anything about it. But until the players stop the whiny BS i'm not watching another game.
bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 05:48 PM   #45
Wawwie
Member
Senior Member
 
Wawwie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 26, 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadTheKing
I am sick and tired of people saying the protests have nothing to do with the flag or the anthem. If so, then why do they do it only when the anthem is played? They are showing their lack of respect for our country. Oh, also, do not bring Nazis or KKK into this. This is about protesting at an inappropriate time. I see no protests at half time or during time outs. They are trying to hurt our country by acting like our flag and anthem are not worthy of their love and respect. If you want my sympathy or my attention, do not spit on me or my great flag and anthem. If you do, you will get nothing but my anger and disgust. Unlike the liberals I believe very much in he first amendment for everybody. But have some respect. I see no protesters at MLK day celebrations. Remember, you have freedom of speech. You have no freedom from the consequences of your speech. As the NFL is finding out.
I think I will bring KKK and nazis into this, because I'm pretty sure you supported "peaceful protests." But now you change your tune because you don't like how they are protesting or what they are protesting.

Hypocrite?
Wawwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:01 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.