Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

To have your access for this board blocked, please PM TJ.

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Politics
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-25-2017, 02:32 PM   #1
DadTheKing
Forum Regular

Madderest Stop disrespecting our flag and anthem at games

Like our President, I am tired of these overpaid babies in the NFL disrespecting our flag and anthem at games, in a cheap attempt at pretending they care about issues. Guess what? They are RICH! If they really cared, put your money where your mouth is and BUY airtime to highlight the "issues" you say you care about. Leave our great country out of it. We tune in to games to forget all the crap we have to put up with every day and feel good about our country and our lives. I am with Trump! Fire the jerks!
Old 09-25-2017, 02:43 PM   #2
IllinoisTVFan

The NFL isn't going to fire them and people are missing the point. It goes back to Trump bashing the NFL. Meanwhile he said there were fine people on the Nazi/White Supremacist, and nope no one who is a Nazi or a White Supremacist is a good person. I didn't understand why Colin Kapernick was kneeling at the time but people explained it to me. Maybe Trump needs to stop bashing everyone (except the Nazis/racists). Shouldn't he be doing his JOB instead of posting on Twitter?
Old 09-25-2017, 02:57 PM   #3
broadmoor
Forum Regular

The NFL can go die in a fire as far as I'm concerned.

Millionaire thugs, an organization that nixed the Cowboys trying to honor the murdered officers in Dallas, while letting Kaepernick wear 'police-pig' socks, celebrating him and others turning their backs on the flag and spitting on the country. Not to mention the NFL threats to block my state of TX over its 'bathroom bill' designed to keep pervs out of womens' bathrooms.

Yeah, that's the NFL for you, always standing with the scum of the earth, whether domestic abusers, rapist players, traitorous filth and perverts. The whole NFL can go burn in hell, and take the loathsome ESPN with them.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:24 PM   #4
IllinoisTVFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadmoor
The NFL can go die in a fire as far as I'm concerned.

Millionaire thugs, an organization that nixed the Cowboys trying to honor the murdered officers in Dallas, while letting Kaepernick wear 'police-pig' socks, celebrating him and others turning their backs on the flag and spitting on the country. Not to mention the NFL threats to block my state of TX over its 'bathroom bill' designed to keep pervs out of womens' bathrooms.

Yeah, that's the NFL for you, always standing with the scum of the earth, whether domestic abusers, rapist players, traitorous filth and perverts. The whole NFL can go burn in hell, and take the loathsome ESPN with them.

Do you feel the same about the Nazis and the racists? I agree the NFL looks the other way in terms of criminals but this is not a criminal act. In fact in the Constitution we have the right to protest.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:24 PM   #5
Alan Brady's Hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisTVFan
Meanwhile he said there were fine people on the Nazi/White Supremacist, and nope no one who is a Nazi or a White Supremacist is a good person.

This is not true. He very clearly distinguished between violent types, both left and right, at Charlottesville, and people who were there to "innocently protest." At Trump's press conference of August 15 (bolding added):

Reporter Q.: (Inaudible) both sides, sir. You said there was hatred, there was violence on both sides. Are the --

THE PRESIDENT: Yes, I think thereís blame on both sides. If you look at both sides -- I think thereís blame on both sides. And I have no doubt about it, and you donít have any doubt about it either.

And if you reported it accurately, you would say.

Q The neo-Nazis started this. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest --

THE PRESIDENT: Excuse me, excuse me. They didnít put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group.

Q (Inaudible.)

THE PRESIDENT: Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did.

You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.

Q George Washington and Robert E. Lee are not the same.

THE PRESIDENT: George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down --

Excuse me, are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him?

Q I do love Thomas Jefferson.

THE PRESIDENT: Okay, good. Are we going to take down the statue? Because he was a major slave owner. Now, are we going to take down his statue?

So you know what, itís fine. Youíre changing history. Youíre changing culture. And you had people -- and Iím not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly.

Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people. But you also had troublemakers, and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets, and with the baseball bats. You had a lot of bad people in the other group.

Q Who are the good people?

Q Sir, I just didnít understand what you were saying. You were saying the press has treated white nationalists unfairly? I just donít understand what you were saying.

THE PRESIDENT: No, no. There were people in that rally -- and I looked the night before -- if you look, there were people protesting very quietly the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. Iím sure in that group there were some bad ones. The following day it looked like they had some rough, bad people -- neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them.

But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest, and very legally protest -- because I donít know if you know, they had a permit.
The other group didnít have a permit. So I only tell you this: There are two sides to a story. I thought what took place was a horrible moment for our country -- a horrible moment. But there are two sides to the country.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:28 PM   #6
IllinoisTVFan

There are NO good Nazis and White Supremacists, NONE. He said there were good people on both sides but someone who is a good person is not a racist. If they marched with the racists and Nazis then they are racists and Nazis too.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:32 PM   #7
Wawwie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Brady's Hair
This is not true. He very clearly distinguished between violent types, both left and right, at Charlottesville, and people who were there to "innocently protest."
Trump most certainly did say that there were "very fine" people on both sides. He also did ramble on about an innocent protest which is ridiculous. There is nothing innocent about nazis chanting "Jews will not replace us." There is no "innocent" explanation for that. Those "very fine" people are instigators who clearly enjoy inciting distension.

As for Colin Kapernick, I do not agree with him at all. However, I do respect his right to do it. BTW, he's not hurting anyone. He's just an ass IMO.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:36 PM   #8
Alan Brady's Hair

Quote:
There are NO good Nazis and White Supremacists, NONE. He said there were good people on both sides but someone who is a good person is not a racist. If they marched with the racists and Nazis then they are racists and Nazis too.

This is just proof that you purposely lied up above.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:36 PM   #9
IllinoisTVFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawwie
Trump most certainly did say that there were "very fine" people on both sides. He also did ramble on about an innocent protest which is ridiculous. There is nothing innocent about nazis chanting "Jews will not replace us." There is no "innocent" explanation for that. Those "very fine" people are instigators who clearly enjoy inciting distension.

As for Colin Kapernick, I do not agree with him at all. However, I do respect his right to do it. BTW, he's not hurting anyone. He's just an ass IMO.

Yeah I didn't agree with him either but a few told me why he did it and it made sense. I get this protest and I doubt it would have happened if Baby Donnie worried about other things instead of attacking the NFL. I support their right even if I disagree.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:37 PM   #10
IllinoisTVFan

Quote:
This is just proof that you purposely lied up above.

I lied? How did I lie? There are no good racists. Oh, let me guess you're going to say the football players are racist or something like that and nope not racism on their point.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:38 PM   #11
Alan Brady's Hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawwie

You're just trying to shift ground from the original statement that was asserted above.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:40 PM   #12
Alan Brady's Hair

Quote:
Oh, let me guess you're going to say the football players are racist or something like that and nope not racism on their point.

Again, trying to slip away from the original assertion.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:44 PM   #13
IllinoisTVFan

Quote:
Again, trying to slip away from the original assertion.

I'm not sure what you're saying but nope my point was the same. I find it ironic that many of the people saying this is disrespectful wear Confederate flags as shirts. Now that is disrespectful to the flag.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:48 PM   #14
Alan Brady's Hair

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're saying but nope my point was the same. I find it ironic that many of the people saying this is disrespectful wear Confederate flags as shirts. Now that is disrespectful to the flag.

And again...and again...and again....
Old 09-25-2017, 04:49 PM   #15
Wawwie

Quote:
You're just trying to shift ground from the original statement that was asserted above.
Odd for you to say that since I was replying to YOUR post about Trump. And I did mention Colin Kapernick who is NFL, so your assumption that I am shifting ground is false and ridiculous.