Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Showtime Comedy Gets More Stars; Netflix Orders New Comedy from Novel Writer
NBC Sets January 2019 Lineup; Team Coco Heads to New York Comedy Festival
ABC Fall Pilot Review: The Kids Are Alright - Premieres Tuesday (Oct. 16); FX Gets New Comedy for 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 15, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Patricia Heaton Eyes a Return to TV With CBS Sitcom; VEI Announced Bad News Bears TV Series DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Superstore Season 4 At the Top of Its Game; Freeform's New Kickoff to Christmas Event
Showtime Isn't Kidding About Season 2 of Kidding; TBS Gets Another Unscripted Comedy

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-21-2017, 01:18 PM   #61
Anna Karenina
Forum Veteran

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
Yes! As Anna so beautifully posted, I agree. Your Mom is in heaven with her and your other loved ones who have already passed! She will be giving you spiritual guidance and things will work out well for you in life! You deserve all the best in life and to be happy Mets!

It will be four years since my Dear Mom has passed and my Dad is doing pretty well Thank the Lord, but he is 88 already, and as sad as it will be when he is not with us anymore, I know he will be in heaven reunited with my Mom, his Siblings , Parents and friends!
Perfectly said, Bonnie. We will all be together in Heaven one day and be reunited with our loved ones. It is a very comforting thought.

Glad to hear your father is doing pretty well at 88. Your Dear Mom is watching over him and the rest of your family.
Anna Karenina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:35 PM   #62
mets82

The thing is I don't have a driver's license and I am unemployed as I was taking care of my mother. I'm already trying to get a job, nothing yet though. I'm trying to go on Food Stamps and SNAP Benefits for now.

I mean if I get up in the morning, clean house, pay bills and walk for my groceries, what's wrong with that.

Please check out my blog. I vent on all things. TV, sports etc. you name it. Its also a work in progress. Check out and see what you think.
mets82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:43 PM   #63
Dude111

Heart

Nothing at all........

Take it slow and dont worry of a thing
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 07:21 PM   #64
tenter

Mets82, sorry for your loss for your mom last Sunday.. Its been rough, but I hope after awhile.. you could try to continue to look for job even if it takes more time..
I just finished college last summer and not yet I have job, but I'm just focused on housework and helping mom with cooking and cleaning. Maybe for next months or so I will look for some training, then maybe later on I will look for job
tenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 07:49 PM   #65
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mets82
Not to take over the thread but I'm kind of sad because my mom passed away on Sunday. I don't have a driver's license(long story) and I'm unemployed as I spent the past 5 years taking care of my mom. Even in the past 5 months when she was in The Hospital, I, along with my uncle, were there almost everyday.
My sincere condolences to you and your family. There aren't words to express the loss of a mother, or a parent for that matter. It's beyond words.

I wish you peace and strength in the coming days, weeks, and months. Life will seem, 'unreal', for a long time, I imagine, and that's OK. Give yourself time to deal with the loss and chart your future. And I'm sure your mother is so very, very proud of you for taking care of her the way you did.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:13 PM   #66
mets82

I appreciate all the kind words. And I'm sorry I've taken over the thread.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:16 PM   #67
mets82

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbeth06
But how come I can't get a girlfriend I'm so lonely and I'm a nice guy and I don't want to change how I am.
Btw, to stay on forum topic, macbeth, I'm in the same position.
Old 12-23-2017, 12:03 PM   #68
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran

Location: Where we have the biggest failure of all time...at least with a mascot! I'm looking at you Chief Wahoo, who retires an unhappy mascot!
Oh No

Quote:
Btw, to stay on forum topic, macbeth, I'm in the same position.
So am I...

...even when I do go out...I'm a chick-repellent!

Lee Hazlewood (1929-2007)
MrCleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 02:25 PM   #69
stevea

Me, three...

Not only did my mother die three weeks ago, I also repel women...except as friends.
stevea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 03:37 PM   #70
mets82

Mr. Cleveland, Steve and myself should talk about losing a family member. I'm not sure if Mr. Cleveland lost a family member near The Holidays but Steve and I did.

Plus, I get along with women, I think. But when it comes to romance, they look at me as friends and they are married or have boyfriends.
Old 12-23-2017, 03:47 PM   #71
MikaelaArsenault
Jonathan Taylor Thomas
Forum Veteran

I graduated school back in June, and still do not even have a job yet. It's really hard for me to find one too.

And many others too.

"Ciao, baby!" - John Larroquette as Dan Fielding

Goodnight, sweet prince. Harry Anderson 1952-2018

Errrrrrruuuuuuuuahhh?? - Tim Allen
MikaelaArsenault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 06:25 PM   #72
stevea

Quote:
Plus, I get along with women, I think. But when it comes to romance, they look at me as friends and they are married or have boyfriends.
Exactly!
stevea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 05:27 PM   #73
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran

Location: Where we have the biggest failure of all time...at least with a mascot! I'm looking at you Chief Wahoo, who retires an unhappy mascot!
Oh No

Quote:
Mr. Cleveland, Steve and myself should talk about losing a family member. I'm not sure if Mr. Cleveland lost a family member near The Holidays but Steve and I did.

I did lose someone on Christmas Day...my aunt. And this was six years ago...
MrCleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 05:35 PM   #74
HuntingtonM15
Bottom of the Barrel
Forum Veteran

I'm very sorry to hear about everyone who has lost a parent or family member recently. It must be horrific and extra tough around the holidays. I'm most likely going to be losing an aunt very soon, and it hasn't sunk in at all yet.

For everyone discussing being single and having a hard time finding someone, have you tried online dating? I think it is becoming less and less common to meet someone the 'old-fashioned way' and more common to meet someone online. At least that way you can kind of 'screen' a person before meeting them. Yeah, people can lie and exaggerate about themselves online but you would find out pretty quickly in person and then weed them out. Just a suggestion.
HuntingtonM15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 06:40 PM   #75
mets82

Only thing with that is aren't some of the people on those sites, kind of, well, crazy?

Mr. Cleveland, I'm sorry about your Aunt.