Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Lifetime Brings in the Stars for Winter Movies; Celebs Line Up for CBS All Access' Twilight Zone
HBO Comedy Crashing Returns for Season 3; Nick Sitcom Starts Jan. 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 10, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix Pays $100 Million for Another Year of Friends; Reboots of Night Gallery and New York Undercover
Fri-Yay: The Disappearing Art of the Holiday Episode; The Simpsons Turns 30 Years Old with Specials on Fox and FXX
Loudermilk Returns for Season 3 on Audience Network; Syfy's 23rd Annual Twilight Zone New Year's Eve Marathon
The Good Place Gets 4th Season; Nick's Henry Danger Turns 100

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/16 - Man with a Plan - Season One
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
12/04 - Family Guy - Season Sixteen
12/04 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Sixth Season
12/18 - Our Cartoon President - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-18-2017, 06:24 PM   #46
MikaelaArsenault
Christine and Harry
Forum Celebrity

You know, I actually feel old myself. Why? Because I'm not getting much for Christmas this year and as you get older, you don't want as many things like you used to when you were younger.

And many others too.

"Ciao, baby!" - John Larroquette as Dan Fielding

Goodnight, sweet prince. Harry Anderson 1952-2018

Errrrrrruuuuuuuuahhh?? - Tim Allen

Comcast/XFINITY, please bring UP TV back. Thank you.
MikaelaArsenault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 11:29 PM   #47
mets82

Not to take over the thread but I'm kind of sad because my mom passed away on Sunday. I don't have a driver's license(long story) and I'm unemployed as I spent the past 5 years taking care of my mom. Even in the past 5 months when she was in The Hospital, I, along with my uncle, were there almost everyday.

Please check out my blog. I vent on all things. TV, sports etc. you name it. Its also a work in progress. Check out and see what you think.
mets82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 12:00 AM   #48
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mets82
Not to take over the thread but I'm kind of sad because my mom passed away on Sunday. I don't have a driver's license(long story) and I'm unemployed as I spent the past 5 years taking care of my mom. Even in the past 5 months when she was in The Hospital, I, along with my uncle, were there almost everyday.
Oh wow, Mets !! Your Mom did pass away?? I'm so sorry!!! May she rest in peace ! God bless you and your Uncle! Wow, again I am so sorry!!

Bonniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 12:15 AM   #49
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbeth06
I'm getting very sad and lonely wish I had a girlfriend and they fired me from my job j don't what to do I'm getting very sad.
It does sometimes get rough around the holidays!! Sorry about losing your job! Hoping you can collect unemployment, and start looking for a new job after the New year and relax a little bit now for the time being !! Wishing you all the best and hoping 2018 is a better/really good year for you financially and in your relationships!! Good luck and God bless you!
Old 12-20-2017, 11:23 AM   #50
mets82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
Oh wow, Mets !! Your Mom did pass away?? I'm so sorry!!! May she rest in peace ! God bless you and your Uncle! Wow, again I am so sorry!!

Thanks Bonniegirl. I have NO REGRETS. We were there for the 5 months she was in The Hospital. Took care of her the best we could. She didn't suffer and wasn't in pain which is good.

Only problem is that I don't have a driver's license. I'm unemployed as I was taking care of my mother for the past 5 years. Cooking her meals, Help getting her up to walk or go to the bathroom, paying the bills etc. Everything(bills, pension,checking accounts) was in my mother's name. I don't have anything. I mean I couldn't work as I was taking care of my mother. Within the 5 months that she was in The Hospital, I could've gotten a job, I guess, but I was so exhausted from seeing her. I was pulled a 100 different ways and stretched as humanily possible.

Honestly, I'm really worried about what comes next.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:41 PM   #51
MikaelaArsenault
Christine and Harry
Forum Celebrity

Sorry for the loss of your mom.

Did you know it would be coming?
MikaelaArsenault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 01:52 PM   #52
Mr. Television
15 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

Quote:
I am very sorry for your loss. It's been 15 years since I lost my Mom. It's never easy. Prayers to you and your family.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:38 PM   #53
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran

Location: I'm just a slightly overweight boy from Cleveland Ohio!
Oh No

Quote:
Sorry about that...

Christmas will be a little bit better this year, but it still won't be the same since this is my full year without my mom as well...

Lee Hazlewood (1929-2007)
MrCleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 05:50 PM   #54
PhoenixAcres

Quote:
I'm so sorry mets! That is heartbreaking. At least she had family by her side.

Prayers to you and your family.
PhoenixAcres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:21 PM   #55
stevea

Quote:
I'm right here with you. My mother, 97 years old, passed away Nov. 30th. Not only was she my mother, but she was my best friend, as I'm finding out now. You know, one you could just pick up the phone and chit chat with, about nothing in particular,--the gas price went up, there's nothing on TV, what are you watching, etc.

Now, no one to do that with.

What a sweet lady she was.

Oh, and yes, I was there at the hospital, and then the nursing home, sometimes twice daily.

Last edited by stevea; 12-20-2017 at 07:00 PM.
stevea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 07:01 PM   #56
Hazel Anyday

Wink Dutch Uncle Here

Sincere sympathies go out to you Mets. My Mom's old but ragged but then again so am I, she's still kickin' though. My Dad died though in 2009, it still seems hard to believe really that he's gone. I almost just feel like he hasn't called in a while but he's still there. Weird but that kind of thinking kind of makes me not feel so bad.

As for you, my man, you have to realize, and it's even more important you do so now, that there's only one person to take care of you and that's you. You have to make yourself and your life a priority now.

Start by thinking what's the most important thing you need to do to get back on track. Maybe getting that license would help you to other goals. Or getting a job in something you're good at or would like to do for every day living. If things are desperate then remember getting any job at all will help pay the bills while you at the same time can work on getting the job you really want. I could go on but I don't want to lecture, set your priorities, put yourself FIRST, stop moping and feeling sorry for yourself, get up, get busy and work on putting yourself back on track. Life isn't over, you just need to snap out of your funk. You can do it, go to it!
Old 12-21-2017, 12:35 AM   #57
Dude111

Heart

Quote:
Not to take over the thread but I'm kind of sad because my mom passed away on Sunday.......
Oh my honey im so sorry!!!!!

I was hopefull I could help you... I wish it was a couple months earlier!!!

Im so sorry
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:00 AM   #58
mets82

Thanks Everyone.

It's been a hard couple of weeks but it was nice to actually take a breath yesterday. I mean people talk about grieving and whatnot and I have done some but right now, I need to put my life back together. I know I can do it. I know I can pay bills, keep up with the house, cook etc.

I just have to get started. All I've done especially the past 2 weeks is eat, drink and sleep about my mother dying. Then when she died, just trying to figure out what's next. I'm emotionally, physically and mentally exhausted. Not only from the past 2 weeks but from the 5 months she was in The Hospital and the 6 years I helped take care of her.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:42 AM   #59
Anna Karenina
Forum Veteran

Heart

Quote:
Thanks Everyone.

It's been a hard couple of weeks but it was nice to actually take a breath yesterday. I mean people talk about grieving and whatnot and I have done some but right now, I need to put my life back together. I know I can do it. I know I can pay bills, keep up with the house, cook etc.

I just have to get started. All I've done especially the past 2 weeks is eat, drink and sleep about my mother dying. Then when she died, just trying to figure out what's next. I'm emotionally, physically and mentally exhausted. Not only from the past 2 weeks but from the 5 months she was in The Hospital and the 6 years I helped take care of her.
Mets, my heart goes out to you at this time. Your mother is in Heaven looking down on you with so much love and admiration for all you have done for in her last years. I know that one day I will be facing the pain you are facing now and it makes me tear up just thinking about it.

My own mother has dementia so I know what it feels like to care for an ailing parent. There are so many people I have encountered through this online forum in similar situations with their relatives and we all feel your pain. You are not alone. As awful as the internet can be sometimes, it is a wonderful way for people to reach out and share similar stories and connect with one another. Your story has touched my heart, I can tell you that.

I admire your ability to pick yourself up after such a great loss. That is what she would have wanted for you, her devoted son.

God Bless.
Anna Karenina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:57 AM   #60
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Karenina
Mets, my heart goes out to you at this time. Your mother is in Heaven looking down on you with so much love and admiration for all you have done for in her last years. I know that one day I will be facing the pain you are facing now and it makes me tear up just thinking about it.

My own mother has dementia so I know what it feels like to care for an ailing parent. There are so many people I have encountered through this online forum in similar situations with their relatives and we all feel your pain. You are not alone. As awful as the internet can be sometimes, it is a wonderful way for people to reach out and share similar stories and connect with one another. Your story has touched my heart, I can tell you that.

I admire your ability to pick yourself up after such a great loss. That is what she would have wanted for you, her devoted son.

God Bless.

Yes! As Anna so beautifully posted, I agree. Your Mom is in heaven with her and your other loved ones who have already passed! She will be giving you spiritual guidance and things will work out well for you in life! You deserve all the best in life and to be happy Mets!

It will be four years since my Dear Mom has passed and my Dad is doing pretty well Thank the Lord, but he is 88 already, and as sad as it will be when he is not with us anymore, I know he will be in heaven reunited with my Mom, his Siblings , Parents and friends!