Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Music
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-06-2017, 09:14 PM   #1
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Music Taylor Swift Tops the Billboard Hot 100 w/ 'Look What You Made Me Do'

Taylor Swift Tops the Billboard Hot 100
by Madison Vain
September 5, 2017

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tmd-ClpJxA

Taylor Swift’s 'Look What You Made Me Do' is officially the No. 1 song in the nation. After debuting on Aug. 24 to what can best be described as a total internet frenzy, the first single off the singer’s upcoming sixth LP 'Reputation' made a meteoric rise to top the Billboard Hot 100.

The Jack Antonoff co-write, which debuted at No. 77 (Sept. 9), has ended Luis Fonsi, Justin Bieber, and Daddy Yankee’s epic 16-week run on the charts, making Swift the first woman to have her song hit No. 1 in 2017.

Last week the Latinx jam tied the record for the longest run at No. 1 in the chart’s history, tying Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men’s 1995 winner 'One Sweet Day'.

While the song has thus far provoked a mixed bag of reactions from fans and largely a negative one from critics, it and its Joseph Kahn-directed music video have toppled Spotify, YouTube, and Vevo records at an alarming rate.

Adding to that list is the record for U.S. streams, logging 84.4 million in the week ending Aug. 31 (according to Nielsen Music, per Billboard). That number not only tops the record 69.6 million streams of 'Despacito', but it also gives Look What You Made Me Do' the most streams of any song by a female artist, surpassing Adele’s 'Hello', which racked up 61.6 million during its debut week in Nov. 2015.

Swift’s new track also sold 353,000 downloads in its first week of release, making it the biggest selling single of the year. Swift’s forthcoming 'Reputation' LP is due out Nov. 10th.

http://ew.com/music/2017/09/05/taylo...board-hot-100/
Old 09-10-2017, 12:29 AM   #2
James28
Michael Jackson - DCS Leader

I thought for sure that that "Despacito" song was going to break the record for most weeks at the top of the Hot 100 set by "One Sweet Day" (even though nobody in this forum actually likes Justin Bieber).
Old 09-10-2017, 06:20 AM   #3
MikaelaArsenault
Ciao, baby!

I like Bieber, but prefer his older material instead.

And Harry Anderson too.

https://ilovewhoseline.imgur.com/all/

http://whoselinefan.imgur.com/all/

Antenna TV, MeTV, Decades, Laff, and Cozi TV, please add Dave's World and The John Larroquette Show to your lineups. Thank you.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:57 AM   #4
retroTVfan4ever

Out of curiosity, I gave this song a listen on You Tube and just as I expected, it is total garbage. I'm glad I grew up during the 60's and 70's when songwriters constructed songs with melodies, not this rap and chanting garbage. And the sad thing is, there are people who like this junk and think it's awesome.
Old 09-10-2017, 12:56 PM   #5
Svenfan1234
Berwyn!

All of her songs is like listening to one very long trainwreck.

Shout! Factory, PLEASE release a complete series set of St. Elsewhere!!!
Old 09-10-2017, 06:17 PM   #6
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenfan1234

I liked Avril Lavigne when she first started out. Her second album, titled Under My Skin, is pretty good. But after that album, most of her music started sounding like garbage too.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:12 PM   #7
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

I'm still trying to figure out how Entertainment Weekly thinks this is news.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:52 PM   #8
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoneboy

Topping the Billboard Hot 100 as quickly and as high as she did is not news worthy?
Old 09-11-2017, 04:08 AM   #9
Edward216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenfan1234

Well that's just your not so wonderful opinion. I listened to it and I think it's all right. Not the best song ever but then it's hardly the worst one ever either. Not that I'm incessantly listening to it but if I happen to hear it on the radio or whatever I wouldn't necessarily turn it off immediately either. I say good for Taylor Swift. I think compared to other "artists" these days she's hardly "garbage" like somebody else said. I think most people hate on her just because she's had such big success at such a young age. I think a lot of it's just jealousy. I don't really listen to her these days anymore but if she can have a successful career then I say that's great.

Ed.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:39 AM   #10
MikaelaArsenault
Ciao, baby!

I don't like this song at all. Why the use of I'm Too Sexy?
Old 09-11-2017, 10:08 AM   #11
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward216
Well that's just your not so wonderful opinion. I listened to it and I think it's all right. Not the best song ever but then it's hardly the worst one ever either. Not that I'm incessantly listening to it but if I happen to hear it on the radio or whatever I wouldn't necessarily turn it off immediately either. I say good for Taylor Swift. I think compared to other "artists" these days she's hardly "garbage" like somebody else said. I think most people hate on her just because she's had such big success at such a young age. I think a lot of it's just jealousy. I don't really listen to her these days anymore but if she can have a successful career then I say that's great.

Ed.

It has nothing to do with jealousy, there is no reason to be jealous of Taylor Swift. Garbage is garbage, putting a lid over it doesn't hide the smell.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:52 PM   #12
Edward216

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever
It has nothing to do with jealousy, there is no reason to be jealous of Taylor Swift. Garbage is garbage, putting a lid over it doesn't hide the smell.

Uh huh, yeah sure whatever you say.

Ed.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:53 PM   #13
opus
VB

Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)

Taylor's pretty good. I like a lot of her stuff. (I only know the hits though).

The song discussed here is catchy enough.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:28 AM   #14
James28
Michael Jackson - DCS Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoneboy

You mean, aside from the fact that the Billboard Hot 100 has always been, and still is, the most important singles chart in this country, regardless of what we think about the crappy music of today?
Old 09-14-2017, 02:49 PM   #15
HuntingtonM15
Forum Veteran
#bestpicture

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
Topping the Billboard Hot 100 as quickly and as high as she did is not news worthy?

Agreed. As shocking as it may be to some, Entertainment Weekly is about...entertainment. Like her or not, Taylor is a superstar so the fact that her comeback song has been so successful is certainly newsworthy. I'm not exactly a Taylor fan but I will say this song is pretty catchy and I think the video was quite well done.