Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Politics

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Celebrities Get Animated on Animal Planet; Freeform Drama Pilot Underway
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 16, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Game of Thrones Leads Emmy Nominations; New Beverly Hillbillies DVDs Coming in October
Fri-Yay: What Was the Best Decade for Sitcoms?; The 70th Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations
Netflix Gets Christina Applegate Comedy; South Park Returns Sept. 26 for Season 22
Alone Together Returns Aug. 1 on Freeform; Sony Crackle Gets Rob Riggle Comedy
CBS Fall 2018 Premiere Dates; Freeform Announces Holiday Movies for 2018


New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July)

New Girl - The Complete Seventh Season Alice - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Second Season

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
07/03 - New Girl - The Final (Seventh) Season
07/10 - Alice - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - The Bill Engvall Show - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season
07/10 - The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season
07/17 - Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Good Place - The Complete Second Season
07/17 - Son of Zorn - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-01-2017, 02:39 PM   #1
DadTheKing
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 21, 2016
Location: California
Posts: 932
Default Trump save DACA? Why would he?

After months of DACA's marching around with Mexican flags and signs saying things like "F Trump", "Not my President", "Trump is a Nazi", Etc. They are expecting him to have mercy on them and keep DACA. Really? This is a life lesson for you DACA's. You were used by the left to hurt Trump. The left do not care about you. If they did, they would have kept you neutral. But you fell for their con, hook line and sinker. Now you are on the losing side. You know how the left likes to say "you are on the wrong side of history?" Well you are on the wrong side of the future. Now you have to take what you can get, while the left continues to use you till you are used up. Trump wants to fix this immigration mess, but you sided with the ones who broke it in the first place and want to keep it broken. I hope Trump has no mercy. As one of the people you call racist and a Nazi, I could care less about what happens. There once was a time when I did, but you took care of that when I saw 8 year old children flipping off Trump supporters and shouting "F" you Nazis.
DadTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 05:45 PM   #2
Babalu
Member
Senior Member
 
Babalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 22, 2014
Posts: 2,355
Default

Some people think that America owes residence and free stuff to everyone in the world. Funny that they don't think that of any other country. Just America. If illegal aliens really want to be reunited with their families, they can go back where they came from. What they actually want is our welfare system.
__________________
.








I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 10:03 AM   #3
janet42
Three's Company Fan!
Senior Member
 
janet42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 22, 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,729
Default

I hate to tell you but the replublicans are pressuring President Trump to keep DACA.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...da-immigration


Those kids have a right to be here. It's the Christian thing to do. I hate to tell you but the 1950's are over.
janet42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 01:17 PM   #4
Steve_uk
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 29, 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 1,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet42
I hate to tell you but the replublicans are pressuring President Trump to keep DACA.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...da-immigration


Those kids have a right to be here. It's the Christian thing to do. I hate to tell you but the 1950's are over.
They evidently don't have a legal right or we wouldn't be discussing it. From a moral and Christian standpoint sure we'd all like to take as many as we can from sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East and in your case mainly South America. But what about the people smugglers, what about the example it sets others who learn that their friends have a new life but who haven't jumped the queue? Not to mention the jobs which should go to indigenous citizens.

The 1950s can come back, if we all avoid a race to the bottom.
Steve_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 04:45 PM   #5
bandito
Going Topless
Senior Member
 
bandito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 28, 2002
Location: The Steel City
Posts: 6,297
Default

[QUOTE=janet42


Those kids have a right to be here. It's the Christian thing to do. I hate to tell you but the 1950's are over.[/QUOTE]The right to be here? Why because you say so? The 1950s need to come back what a better time
__________________
bandito
bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 05:38 PM   #6
Steve_uk
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 29, 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 1,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandito
The right to be here? Why because you say so? The 1950s need to come back what a better time
Well let's sort the 800,000 DACA recipients from the 11 million illegal immigrants in your country. There are criteria for the former group to meet before they will be allowed to stay (I predict), but from what I understand they are not granted automatic citizenship rights, just protected from deportation. Most of these young people are in their 20s, they are not children.

Lest you forget, they have no right to be in the USA. They are at best unauthorized immigrants, overwhelmingly Mexicans, whose parents had an eye to the main chance.
Steve_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 07:04 PM   #7
ABlairican Pie
Viking metal rules. \m/ \m/
Forum Celebrity
 
ABlairican Pie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 12, 2001
Location: Celebrating the holiest holiday of the year, Monday, June 6, as we honor Slayer and all metal, with plenty of pizza, beer, and sacrificial goats. Life is good.
Posts: 29,731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet42
Those kids have a right to be here. It's the Christian thing to do. I hate to tell you but the 1950's are over.
Why is encouraging people to break the law by being illegal and acting illegally the "Christian thing to do"?

What does Romans 13 tell us to do?

Please explain this "right" illegals have to be here. If we were to in Mexico illegally, they wouldn't do the same for us as they expect us to do for them.
__________________
DOOMSDAY JESUS, WE NEED YOU NOW.
ABlairican Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 10:19 PM   #8
IllinoisTVFan
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 22, 2011
Location: South of Chicago
Posts: 2,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandito
The right to be here? Why because you say so? The 1950s need to come back what a better time
Yes, what fun it is to lynch black people and make them go to the back of the bus. Let's not forget women and how white middle class women were expected to be submissive to a fat slob, often abusive husband. If they were abused, they had nowhere to go, and often blamed. Sorry, but the 50's weren't all that great. Sure, there were things that were better but those things were't things I'd want to encounter.

As for these kids, I have mixed feelings. Some don't know Spanish, just English and most of the Dreamers I think are productive. I have no issues with keeping productive members of society. However, if they are welfare leeches then send them back. I think Trump is a hypocrite because he talks about illegals while at the same time applying more foreign workers at Mar A Lago. You either want to keep immigrants of all races out due to job reasons, or just admit you don't want Mexican immigrants, but Europeans are fine. Personally I support immigration restrictions of all types and don't support illegals. I am mixed because of these being kids when they came.
IllinoisTVFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:26 AM   #9
bandito
Going Topless
Senior Member
 
bandito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 28, 2002
Location: The Steel City
Posts: 6,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABlairican Pie
Why is encouraging people to break the law by being illegal and acting illegally the "Christian thing to do"?

What does Romans 13 tell us to do?

Please explain this "right" illegals have to be here. If we were to in Mexico illegally, they wouldn't do the same for us as they expect us to do for them.
If we were in Mexico illegal they would throw us in a prison and we would never see the light of day again.. The Libturds here want to give them all free welfare that ALL of us pay for just so they can get their illegal vote.
bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 03:05 PM   #10
DadTheKing
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 21, 2016
Location: California
Posts: 932
Default

WOW! You really hate and mistrust White people. Guess what? There was much less crime, drugs, rape, child molesting, political violence, murders, robbery, gun violence, suicides, and every other type of crime in the 50's that you hate than now. That is a fact. You call that progress? Yes, we made people more equal in the years since then, but we have also created a society that feeds on hate and division. The traditional family is almost extinct along with the morals.
DadTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 03:34 PM   #11
Steve_uk
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 29, 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 1,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadTheKing
WOW! You really hate and mistrust White people. Guess what? There was much less crime, drugs, rape, child molesting, political violence, murders, robbery, gun violence, suicides, and every other type of crime in the 50's that you hate than now. That is a fact. You call that progress? Yes, we made people more equal in the years since then, but we have also created a society that feeds on hate and division. The traditional family is almost extinct along with the morals.
Yes and the people that remember that time are gradually dying out. The violence we have now is the norm.
Steve_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 04:12 PM   #12
Babalu
Member
Senior Member
 
Babalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 22, 2014
Posts: 2,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandito
If we were in Mexico illegal they would throw us in a prison and we would never see the light of day again.. The Libturds here want to give them all free welfare that ALL of us pay for just so they can get their illegal vote.

That's the key to everything and the reason that some Republicans are caving in even though they know it's wrong. Bluntly, hispanics think if they all move here they'll be rich. But the truth is that there's nothing wrong with mexico as a country. It's right next to the USA. Their problem is their people. The same with the rest of Central and most of South America, and obviously Africa and the non oil moslem Middle East and Asia. There's no geographical reason they can't be successful. They have too many children, no education system, and endless tribal violence. This they call culture. And magically it's all America's fault.
Babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 11:38 PM   #13
IllinoisTVFan
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 22, 2011
Location: South of Chicago
Posts: 2,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadTheKing
WOW! You really hate and mistrust White people. Guess what? There was much less crime, drugs, rape, child molesting, political violence, murders, robbery, gun violence, suicides, and every other type of crime in the 50's that you hate than now. That is a fact. You call that progress? Yes, we made people more equal in the years since then, but we have also created a society that feeds on hate and division. The traditional family is almost extinct along with the morals.
If you are referring to me, no I don't hate white people since I am a white person. What I do hate are people who believe the 50's were great because they were a time where only white men had power. There was crime then such as molesting, and rape, it was swept under the rug. I'm glad the "traditional" family is almost extinct because as a woman I wouldn't be happy to be a housewife and cater to my husband. Contrary to what many believe, not all women want that, and I am glad we have choices. As for white people, people of color were horribly mistreated back then. If you don't believe me, Google Emmett Till or Rosa Parks. Morals? Sure there are more people lacking in morals but there were many back then lacking in morals, such as having kids out of wedlock. I recently found out that a relative had a secret family back then. He wanted to divorce his first wife and marry his girlfriend but that wasn't possible so he lived with his girlfriend and their kids. Yes, they later got married (and btw she was African American).
IllinoisTVFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 11:47 PM   #14
IllinoisTVFan
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 22, 2011
Location: South of Chicago
Posts: 2,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_uk
Yes and the people that remember that time are gradually dying out. The violence we have now is the norm.
Sadly, there are too many people (white males mostly, not stereotyping, just a fact)who think it was a good thing to oppress others not like them. I saw it when I did online dating and several guys asked me about my cooking and cleaning. I said I cook and clean because I have to but am not doing it for a husband unless he also cooks and cleans. It felt like I was interviewing for a maid position. I'm glad I have choices earlier women didn't because my brain would go to waste doing something I disliked. Yes some women (and men) like that but in the 50's middle class white women were strongly pressured to do it. If she did work she usually made less than the males and less opportunities.
IllinoisTVFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 02:39 PM   #15
Steve_uk
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 29, 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 1,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisTVFan
Sadly, there are too many people (white males mostly, not stereotyping, just a fact)who think it was a good thing to oppress others not like them. I saw it when I did online dating and several guys asked me about my cooking and cleaning. I said I cook and clean because I have to but am not doing it for a husband unless he also cooks and cleans. It felt like I was interviewing for a maid position. I'm glad I have choices earlier women didn't because my brain would go to waste doing something I disliked. Yes some women (and men) like that but in the 50's middle class white women were strongly pressured to do it. If she did work she usually made less than the males and less opportunities.
I don't recommend dating sites as a rule, and if men are asking you about cooking and cleaning at that stage they are out of order, but look how picky some women have become:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...TWO-years.html

I'd like to know how many women hold down a job to keep a family because they have to and not out of choice. I also noticed during my holiday in August the deterioration of childrens' behaviour, especially very young children, whose mothers' skills in this area were lacking to say the least in the cafés I frequented to sit and read.

The fact remains that a mother's primary role is child-rearing, they are better at this than men, and without this skill you're going to get more Bambers, Breiviks and Bains, all of whose mothers were woefully inadequate with tragic consequences in every case.
Steve_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:17 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.