Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

To have your access for this board blocked, please PM TJ.

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Politics
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-01-2017, 02:39 PM   #1
DadTheKing
Forum Regular

Default Trump save DACA? Why would he?

After months of DACA's marching around with Mexican flags and signs saying things like "F Trump", "Not my President", "Trump is a Nazi", Etc. They are expecting him to have mercy on them and keep DACA. Really? This is a life lesson for you DACA's. You were used by the left to hurt Trump. The left do not care about you. If they did, they would have kept you neutral. But you fell for their con, hook line and sinker. Now you are on the losing side. You know how the left likes to say "you are on the wrong side of history?" Well you are on the wrong side of the future. Now you have to take what you can get, while the left continues to use you till you are used up. Trump wants to fix this immigration mess, but you sided with the ones who broke it in the first place and want to keep it broken. I hope Trump has no mercy. As one of the people you call racist and a Nazi, I could care less about what happens. There once was a time when I did, but you took care of that when I saw 8 year old children flipping off Trump supporters and shouting "F" you Nazis.
Old 09-01-2017, 05:45 PM   #2
Babalu

Some people think that America owes residence and free stuff to everyone in the world. Funny that they don't think that of any other country. Just America. If illegal aliens really want to be reunited with their families, they can go back where they came from. What they actually want is our welfare system.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Old 09-02-2017, 10:03 AM   #3
janet42
Three's Company Fan!

I hate to tell you but the replublicans are pressuring President Trump to keep DACA.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...da-immigration

Those kids have a right to be here. It's the Christian thing to do. I hate to tell you but the 1950's are over.
Old 09-02-2017, 01:17 PM   #4
Steve_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet42
I hate to tell you but the replublicans are pressuring President Trump to keep DACA.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...da-immigration

Those kids have a right to be here. It's the Christian thing to do. I hate to tell you but the 1950's are over.
They evidently don't have a legal right or we wouldn't be discussing it. From a moral and Christian standpoint sure we'd all like to take as many as we can from sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East and in your case mainly South America. But what about the people smugglers, what about the example it sets others who learn that their friends have a new life but who haven't jumped the queue? Not to mention the jobs which should go to indigenous citizens.

The 1950s can come back, if we all avoid a race to the bottom.
Old 09-02-2017, 04:45 PM   #5
bandito
Going Topless

[quote=janet42

Those kids have a right to be here. It's the Christian thing to do. I hate to tell you but the 1950's are over.[/QUOTE]The right to be here? Why because you say so? The 1950s need to come back what a better time
Old 09-02-2017, 05:38 PM   #6
Steve_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandito
The right to be here? Why because you say so? The 1950s need to come back what a better time
Well let's sort the 800,000 DACA recipients from the 11 million illegal immigrants in your country. There are criteria for the former group to meet before they will be allowed to stay (I predict), but from what I understand they are not granted automatic citizenship rights, just protected from deportation. Most of these young people are in their 20s, they are not children.

Lest you forget, they have no right to be in the USA. They are at best unauthorized immigrants, overwhelmingly Mexicans, whose parents had an eye to the main chance.
Old 09-02-2017, 07:04 PM   #7
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity
Viking metal rules. \m/ \m/

Location: Celebrating the holiest holiday of the year, Monday, June 6, as we honor Slayer and all metal, with plenty of pizza, beer, and sacrificial goats. Life is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet42
Why is encouraging people to break the law by being illegal and acting illegally the "Christian thing to do"?

What does Romans 13 tell us to do?

Please explain this "right" illegals have to be here. If we were to in Mexico illegally, they wouldn't do the same for us as they expect us to do for them.
Old 09-02-2017, 10:19 PM   #8
IllinoisTVFan

Quote:
The right to be here? Why because you say so? The 1950s need to come back what a better time

Yes, what fun it is to lynch black people and make them go to the back of the bus. Let's not forget women and how white middle class women were expected to be submissive to a fat slob, often abusive husband. If they were abused, they had nowhere to go, and often blamed. Sorry, but the 50's weren't all that great. Sure, there were things that were better but those things were't things I'd want to encounter.

As for these kids, I have mixed feelings. Some don't know Spanish, just English and most of the Dreamers I think are productive. I have no issues with keeping productive members of society. However, if they are welfare leeches then send them back. I think Trump is a hypocrite because he talks about illegals while at the same time applying more foreign workers at Mar A Lago. You either want to keep immigrants of all races out due to job reasons, or just admit you don't want Mexican immigrants, but Europeans are fine. Personally I support immigration restrictions of all types and don't support illegals. I am mixed because of these being kids when they came.
Old 09-03-2017, 10:26 AM   #9
bandito
Going Topless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABlairican Pie
Why is encouraging people to break the law by being illegal and acting illegally the "Christian thing to do"?

What does Romans 13 tell us to do?

Please explain this "right" illegals have to be here. If we were to in Mexico illegally, they wouldn't do the same for us as they expect us to do for them.
If we were in Mexico illegal they would throw us in a prison and we would never see the light of day again.. The Libturds here want to give them all free welfare that ALL of us pay for just so they can get their illegal vote.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:05 PM   #10
DadTheKing
Forum Regular

WOW! You really hate and mistrust White people. Guess what? There was much less crime, drugs, rape, child molesting, political violence, murders, robbery, gun violence, suicides, and every other type of crime in the 50's that you hate than now. That is a fact. You call that progress? Yes, we made people more equal in the years since then, but we have also created a society that feeds on hate and division. The traditional family is almost extinct along with the morals.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:34 PM   #11
Steve_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadTheKing
WOW! You really hate and mistrust White people. Guess what? There was much less crime, drugs, rape, child molesting, political violence, murders, robbery, gun violence, suicides, and every other type of crime in the 50's that you hate than now. That is a fact. You call that progress? Yes, we made people more equal in the years since then, but we have also created a society that feeds on hate and division. The traditional family is almost extinct along with the morals.
Yes and the people that remember that time are gradually dying out. The violence we have now is the norm.
Old 09-04-2017, 04:12 PM   #12
Babalu

Quote:
If we were in Mexico illegal they would throw us in a prison and we would never see the light of day again.. The Libturds here want to give them all free welfare that ALL of us pay for just so they can get their illegal vote.

That's the key to everything and the reason that some Republicans are caving in even though they know it's wrong. Bluntly, hispanics think if they all move here they'll be rich. But the truth is that there's nothing wrong with mexico as a country. It's right next to the USA. Their problem is their people. The same with the rest of Central and most of South America, and obviously Africa and the non oil moslem Middle East and Asia. There's no geographical reason they can't be successful. They have too many children, no education system, and endless tribal violence. This they call culture. And magically it's all America's fault.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:38 PM   #13
IllinoisTVFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadTheKing

If you are referring to me, no I don't hate white people since I am a white person. What I do hate are people who believe the 50's were great because they were a time where only white men had power. There was crime then such as molesting, and rape, it was swept under the rug. I'm glad the "traditional" family is almost extinct because as a woman I wouldn't be happy to be a housewife and cater to my husband. Contrary to what many believe, not all women want that, and I am glad we have choices. As for white people, people of color were horribly mistreated back then. If you don't believe me, Google Emmett Till or Rosa Parks. Morals? Sure there are more people lacking in morals but there were many back then lacking in morals, such as having kids out of wedlock. I recently found out that a relative had a secret family back then. He wanted to divorce his first wife and marry his girlfriend but that wasn't possible so he lived with his girlfriend and their kids. Yes, they later got married (and btw she was African American).
Old 09-04-2017, 11:47 PM   #14
IllinoisTVFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_uk
Yes and the people that remember that time are gradually dying out. The violence we have now is the norm.

Sadly, there are too many people (white males mostly, not stereotyping, just a fact)who think it was a good thing to oppress others not like them. I saw it when I did online dating and several guys asked me about my cooking and cleaning. I said I cook and clean because I have to but am not doing it for a husband unless he also cooks and cleans. It felt like I was interviewing for a maid position. I'm glad I have choices earlier women didn't because my brain would go to waste doing something I disliked. Yes some women (and men) like that but in the 50's middle class white women were strongly pressured to do it. If she did work she usually made less than the males and less opportunities.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:39 PM   #15
Steve_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisTVFan
Sadly, there are too many people (white males mostly, not stereotyping, just a fact)who think it was a good thing to oppress others not like them. I saw it when I did online dating and several guys asked me about my cooking and cleaning. I said I cook and clean because I have to but am not doing it for a husband unless he also cooks and cleans. It felt like I was interviewing for a maid position. I'm glad I have choices earlier women didn't because my brain would go to waste doing something I disliked. Yes some women (and men) like that but in the 50's middle class white women were strongly pressured to do it. If she did work she usually made less than the males and less opportunities.
I don't recommend dating sites as a rule, and if men are asking you about cooking and cleaning at that stage they are out of order, but look how picky some women have become:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...TWO-years.html

I'd like to know how many women hold down a job to keep a family because they have to and not out of choice. I also noticed during my holiday in August the deterioration of childrens' behaviour, especially very young children, whose mothers' skills in this area were lacking to say the least in the cafés I frequented to sit and read.

The fact remains that a mother's primary role is child-rearing, they are better at this than men, and without this skill you're going to get more Bambers, Breiviks and Bains, all of whose mothers were woefully inadequate with tragic consequences in every case.