Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Politics
User Name
Password


Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

CBS Pulls Living Biblically; First Wives Club Comedy Series Coming to Paramount Network
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of April 23, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Goldbergs Spinoff Happening After All; Grey's Anatomy Renewed for Fifteenth Season
Fri-Yay: Superstore is Doing the Will They/Won't They Story Arc Right; Laff Pays Tribute to Harry Anderson
CBS Picks Up 11 More Returning Series for 2018-19; BET 2018 Upfront
Carol Burnett Gets Netflix Series; Futurama on Syfy, Marathon on 4/20
The Goldbergs 1990s Spinoff Ordered for ABC; Remembering Harry Anderson of Night Court
It's a Living Coming to Logo on April 21; Hollywood Darlings Returns Wednesday on Pop
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of April 16, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mad About You Reboot One Step Closer to Reality; The Simpsons Addresses Concerns About Character of Apu


New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March/April)

Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season One Day at a Time - Season Two Perfect Strangers  - The Complete Third Season

02/06 - All in the Family - Seasons 1-5
02/06 - Bosom Buddies - The Complete Series
02/06 - Women of the House - Complete 12 Episode Series
02/13 - Broad City - Season 4
02/13 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
02/27 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season
02/27 - Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season
02/27 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
03/06 - Atlanta - The Complete First Season
03/06 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Ninth Season
03/13 - The New Adventures of Old Christine - The Complete First Season
03/27 - One Day at a Time - Season Two
04/03 - Ballers - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/03 - 90's Sitcom (Just Shoot Me!/The Larry Sanders Show/Wings) Starter Set - Season 1 & 2 Bundle
04/10 - Vice Principals - The Compelte Series
04/17 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-23-2017, 11:24 PM   #31
JSP
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 19, 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,675
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenfan1234
Democrats just need to realize that the world does not revolve around them. That's all I'll say.
Yeah. I voted for Jill Stein last year. No regrets. I don't see things changing in 2020. I'll probably vote Green again then, too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 01:05 AM   #32
Fleet
Forum Veteran
Mansions, limousines & H-ween
 
Fleet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 06, 2002
Location: Northridge/Porter Ranch, California
Posts: 15,129
Send a message via AIM to Fleet
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP
Trump will get impeached on January 21, 2019 if Republicans can't hold both houses of Congress. I think we could all see that coming from a mile away if the Democrats retake Congress. That still is a big "if". Now whether or not he'll get removed from office after impeachment is another question altogether.
I will repeat... impeached for what?
__________________
1976 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 01:07 AM   #33
JSP
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 19, 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,675
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet
I will repeat... impeached for what?
I'm not saying he has done anything to get impeached yet. I'm saying if the Dems regained power they'd come up with some reason to impeach.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 03:30 AM   #34
Sophia's Wrinkles
Forum Regular
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 16, 2002
Posts: 402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandito
Actually, YOU asked her to explain herself. And believe me, Unlike you snowflake, I don't need to ask people who and why they support anyone, It's their choice and I accept that so maybe you should sit this one out.

You seem bothered by other people having a genuine interest in understanding the other side. Save that snowflake nonsense, it doesn't work anymore. You support the biggest crybaby president and the "Everything is fake news!" party. You are the ultimate snowflakes with the perpetual victim narrative.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 06:57 AM   #35
Steve_uk
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 29, 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 1,452
Default

I had vowed not to discuss politics following my return but let's just say Trump has another three years left to prove himself, to bring back jobs to the West, to rebuild our infrastructure and regain confidence after the calamity of the 2008 crash.

I'm rather pessimistic because the bottom line is the Chinese, Japanese and other Asian economies will work harder than us for less money, and until classical capitalists can break out of the mindset of the last 40 years the wealth and power will continue to diffuse eastwards.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 03:17 PM   #36
Fleet
Forum Veteran
Mansions, limousines & H-ween
 
Fleet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 06, 2002
Location: Northridge/Porter Ranch, California
Posts: 15,129
Send a message via AIM to Fleet
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP
I'm not saying he has done anything to get impeached yet. I'm saying if the Dems regained power they'd come up with some reason to impeach.
Not good enough. "Coming up" with a reason is not the same as a president actually committing an impeachable offense.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 03:38 PM   #37
IllinoisTVFan
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 22, 2011
Location: South of Chicago
Posts: 2,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_uk
I had vowed not to discuss politics following my return but let's just say Trump has another three years left to prove himself, to bring back jobs to the West, to rebuild our infrastructure and regain confidence after the calamity of the 2008 crash.

I'm rather pessimistic because the bottom line is the Chinese, Japanese and other Asian economies will work harder than us for less money, and until classical capitalists can break out of the mindset of the last 40 years the wealth and power will continue to diffuse eastwards.

He won't and neither would have Hillary Clinton. That's the problem with both parties, both love outsourcing. Many years ago many products were made in the USA and there were many jobs. I remember back in the early 90's getting a job at a call center and they paid well while I attended college. Now the call center I worked at is in India. The factories went to Mexico and China. On top of it the employers bring in lots of workers overseas, claiming the jobs can't be filled by Americans. I have news for them, I have applied for jobs I am qualified for, only to see a visa worker get it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 04:24 PM   #38
JSP
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 19, 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,675
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisTVFan
He won't and neither would have Hillary Clinton. That's the problem with both parties, both love outsourcing. Many years ago many products were made in the USA and there were many jobs. I remember back in the early 90's getting a job at a call center and they paid well while I attended college. Now the call center I worked at is in India. The factories went to Mexico and China. On top of it the employers bring in lots of workers overseas, claiming the jobs can't be filled by Americans. I have news for them, I have applied for jobs I am qualified for, only to see a visa worker get it.
Vote Green!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 04:24 PM   #39
Steve_uk
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 29, 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 1,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisTVFan
He won't and neither would have Hillary Clinton. That's the problem with both parties, both love outsourcing. Many years ago many products were made in the USA and there were many jobs. I remember back in the early 90's getting a job at a call center and they paid well while I attended college. Now the call center I worked at is in India. The factories went to Mexico and China. On top of it the employers bring in lots of workers overseas, claiming the jobs can't be filled by Americans. I have news for them, I have applied for jobs I am qualified for, only to see a visa worker get it.
Well this is the nub of the matter. I can't see how they can get away with this after forty years of the same policies. Trump will stand or fall on this matter alone.

Last edited by Steve_uk : 08-24-2017 at 09:09 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 12:41 AM   #40
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell
 
MrCleveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 09, 2007
Location: Where there isn't a football team...just...Clowns!
Posts: 11,525
Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisTVFan
He won't and neither would have Hillary Clinton. That's the problem with both parties, both love outsourcing. Many years ago many products were made in the USA and there were many jobs. I remember back in the early 90's getting a job at a call center and they paid well while I attended college. Now the call center I worked at is in India. The factories went to Mexico and China. On top of it the employers bring in lots of workers overseas, claiming the jobs can't be filled by Americans. I have news for them, I have applied for jobs I am qualified for, only to see a visa worker get it.

I blame NAFTA...but I couldn't even vote for Democrat nor Republican in the last election... so I went with the Libertarian ticket which I feel might be the new Third-party.
__________________
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 12:53 AM   #41
IllinoisTVFan
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 22, 2011
Location: South of Chicago
Posts: 2,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland
I blame NAFTA...but I couldn't even vote for Democrat nor Republican in the last election... so I went with the Libertarian ticket which I feel might be the new Third-party.

I like Gary Johnson a lot. Both parties are increasingly becoming very anti worker and that's sad.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 02:26 PM   #42
DadTheKing
Forum Regular
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 21, 2016
Location: California
Posts: 820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisTVFan
I like Gary Johnson a lot. Both parties are increasingly becoming very anti worker and that's sad.
GOP, under Trump, is the most worker friendly party in decades! Unemployment down, companies investing in America, creating jobs, lessening of job killing regulations, etc. Unemployment at a 16 year low. Wages going up. Yes, GOP is good for the worker. Libertarians on the other hand, believe in Darwins law of only the fittest survive. No Govt. help for anything.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 03:32 PM   #43
JSP
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 19, 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,675
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadTheKing
GOP, under Trump, is the most worker friendly party in decades! Unemployment down, companies investing in America, creating jobs, lessening of job killing regulations, etc. Unemployment at a 16 year low. Wages going up. Yes, GOP is good for the worker. Libertarians on the other hand, believe in Darwins law of only the fittest survive. No Govt. help for anything.
Libertarians are bad for workers, perhaps even worse than Republicans. I have to vote Green these days because I'm a left-winger when it comes to economics. Even the Democrats are right-wing capitalists.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 08:32 PM   #44
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell
 
MrCleveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 09, 2007
Location: Where there isn't a football team...just...Clowns!
Posts: 11,525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP
Libertarians are bad for workers, perhaps even worse than Republicans. I have to vote Green these days because I'm a left-winger when it comes to economics. Even the Democrats are right-wing capitalists.

In many ways...some Democrats are Limousine Liberals.

Look at Hollywood...most celebrities there are Democrats and they're all Limousine Liberals!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 08:37 PM   #45
JSP
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 19, 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,675
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland
In many ways...some Democrats are Limousine Liberals.

Look at Hollywood...most celebrities there are Democrats and they're all Limousine Liberals!
The Democrats are run by limousine liberals these days. Liberal on social issues, but still look down on the poor and think it's their fault for not being successful. We need people in power who don't think poverty is a moral failing, but realize most poor folk are good people that are just the victims of a corrupt system.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:16 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.