Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-11-2017, 03:41 AM   #1
LaBestia
Chris Harrison Rules

Default How can my mom and I take care of an orphaned kitten?

Last weekend Mom and I were feeding our outdoor cats when suddenly we heard a mewing sound and we were shocked to discover that it was a newborn kitten but we have had no idea where it came from or where it was born. Mom tried to get one of our other outdoor cats to take care of the kitten but the other outdoor cats didn't want it and so Mom decided to bring it inside and take care of it. And another thing that we don't know about this kitten is that we're not sure if it's even a cat or another baby animal that got left behind. It doesn't make a meowing sound but it makes a growling sound and purrs when Mom holds it and the kitten makes a loud noisy mewing sound if it's left alone. So I would like anyone's advice on how to care for an orphaned kitten? Also has anyone seen a type of cat or animal that makes a growling sound and purrs and a noisy meow?
Bestie
Good Morning Chris Harrison "What Final Answers Do You Have For Your #1 Fan This Wonderful Morning?"

Last edited by LaBestia : 10-23-2017 at 03:10 AM.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:54 AM   #2
Alan Brady's Hair

My advice would be to get advice somewhere else. Take it to a shelter or a vet to get information from someone who can actually see the animal, and has a lot of experience dealing with this sort of thing. I'm sure you and anyone who would respond on this board would have good intentions, but anyone can give mistaken advice if they can't take a good look at the animal.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:51 AM   #3
Dude111

Good luck with the kitty cat!!!

I love kitties so much
Old 10-11-2017, 12:28 PM   #4
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Assuming it is a kitten, you may have inadvertently disrupted things when you found it. Since it apparently doesn't belong to any of your cats then my guess is that another gave birth to a litter nearby. It's very possible that the mama cat was scared with all the activity going on around her that she was in the process of moving the kittens. She was probably getting ready to move the last one when you found it. Of course this is only speculation, but like ABH said it's best to let a vet check it out.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:51 PM   #5
Chocolate Moose

Go to a vet. You will need to feed it formula from a bottle. It needs to be taught how to meow and purr and such. Does your mom have a resident cat?
Old 10-11-2017, 01:29 PM   #6
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

That is interesting that you aren't even sure if it's a cat!! ??Well, I'm sure it's in the cat family. Maybe a wild cat or a baby Bobcat or something. It would be bigger than a regular newborn kitten if it was though. You didn't say how big or what color it is?

But how sweet, I bet it's adorable, and so nice of you and Mom to be taking care of it. At this time I don't really have any advice, but good luck and God bless the little baby kitty.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:14 PM   #7
Chocolate Moose

Follow KittenXLady on Instagram. She will help you.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:20 AM   #8
LaBestia
Chris Harrison Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Moose
Go to a vet. You will need to feed it formula from a bottle. It needs to be taught how to meow and purr and such. Does your mom have a resident cat?
This afternoon Mom gave the baby kitten a bath and also we got a kitten feeding bottle today and Mom was able to feed the kitten a bottle but I think the bottle might be a little too hard for it to drink out of and we might have to make some adjustments to the bottle to make it easier for the kitten to use. But the kitten is doing really great
Bestie
Old 10-12-2017, 06:08 AM   #9
MikaelaArsenault
Ciao, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestia
This afternoon Mom gave the baby kitten a bath and also we got a kitten feeding bottle today and Mom was able to feed the kitten a bottle but I think the bottle might be a little too hard for it to drink out of and we might have to make some adjustments to the bottle to make it easier for the kitten to use. But the kitten is doing really great
Bestie

Are you planning on keeping the kitten?

And Harry Anderson too.

https://ilovewhoseline.imgur.com/all/

http://whoselinefan.imgur.com/all/

Antenna TV, MeTV, Decades, Laff, and Cozi TV, please add Dave's World and The John Larroquette Show to your lineups. Thank you.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:21 AM   #10
LaBestia
Chris Harrison Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaelaArsenault
Are you planning on keeping the kitten?
Mom and I plan to take care of the kitten but when it grows up a little we plan to put it outside. Mom and I did adjust the bottle so that the kitten can drink milk easily now
Bestie
Old 10-14-2017, 02:28 AM   #11
LaBestia
Chris Harrison Rules

This morning my mom and I were shocked because the baby kitten passed away and my mom is still very sad but what's surprising to us is we don't know how in the world the baby kitten died because there was no injury and the kitten showed no signs of illness and it was doing really great and the only thing Mom thinks might've happened was the kitten probably was cold last night but we didn't see this happen until this morning and our cat is also really sad too because he and the kitten were just becoming best friends and so now we only have outdoor cats and our indoor cat now
Bestie
Old 10-14-2017, 06:34 AM   #12
MikaelaArsenault
Ciao, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestia
This morning my mom and I were shocked because the baby kitten passed away and my mom is still very sad but what's surprising to us is we don't know how in the world the baby kitten died because there was no injury and the kitten showed no signs of illness and it was doing really great and the only thing Mom thinks might've happened was the kitten probably was cold last night but we didn't see this happen until this morning and our cat is also really sad too because he and the kitten were just becoming best friends and so now we only have outdoor cats and our indoor cat now
Bestie

Oh no! That's terrible to hear and I'm sorry that this happened to you.
Old 10-15-2017, 05:33 AM   #13
LaBestia
Chris Harrison Rules

Mom and I were talking about cats and I didn't think that a kitten could die from being cold and I have never witnessed this in kittens before. A second theory Mom had thought was that the kitten had died from an overdose of kitten formula but we had followed the instructions very carefully on the formula bottle. Can newborn kittens die from overdoses of kitten formula?
Bestie