Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Netflix Gets 2 More Comedies; YouTube Orders Wayne, a New Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 24, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix Orders Multi-Camera Sitcom with Melissa Joan Hart and Sean Astin; Three New Seasons of Bob's Burgers on DVD
Fri-Yay: BoJack Horseman is as Delightfully Sad as Ever in Season 5; The Guest Book Returns Oct. 23 on TBS with More Guests
The Goldbergs Coming to TV Land; grown-ish Returns in January on Freeform
South Park 8 Day Marathon on Comedy Central; Classic Adult Swim Comedy Returns with Special
NBC Fall Pilot Review: I Feel Bad - Premieres Wednesday (Sept. 19); 70th Annual Primetime Emmy Award Winners
Married with Children Now on WGN America; black-ish Enters National Syndication and Free Sneakers Contest

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

08/07 - Happy Endings - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
08/15 - A.P. Bio - Season One
08/28 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five
08/28 - Man Seeking Woman - The Complete Third Season
09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-11-2017, 03:41 AM   #1
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

Default How can my mom and I take care of an orphaned kitten?

Last weekend Mom and I were feeding our outdoor cats when suddenly we heard a mewing sound and we were shocked to discover that it was a newborn kitten but we have had no idea where it came from or where it was born. Mom tried to get one of our other outdoor cats to take care of the kitten but the other outdoor cats didn't want it and so Mom decided to bring it inside and take care of it. And another thing that we don't know about this kitten is that we're not sure if it's even a cat or another baby animal that got left behind. It doesn't make a meowing sound but it makes a growling sound and purrs when Mom holds it and the kitten makes a loud noisy mewing sound if it's left alone. So I would like anyone's advice on how to care for an orphaned kitten? Also has anyone seen a type of cat or animal that makes a growling sound and purrs and a noisy meow?
Bestie

Last edited by LaBestia; 10-23-2017 at 03:10 AM.
LaBestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:54 AM   #2
Alan Brady's Hair

My advice would be to get advice somewhere else. Take it to a shelter or a vet to get information from someone who can actually see the animal, and has a lot of experience dealing with this sort of thing. I'm sure you and anyone who would respond on this board would have good intentions, but anyone can give mistaken advice if they can't take a good look at the animal.
Alan Brady's Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:51 AM   #3
Dude111

Good luck with the kitty cat!!!

I love kitties so much
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:28 PM   #4
Zoneboy
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
Forum Celebrity

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Assuming it is a kitten, you may have inadvertently disrupted things when you found it. Since it apparently doesn't belong to any of your cats then my guess is that another gave birth to a litter nearby. It's very possible that the mama cat was scared with all the activity going on around her that she was in the process of moving the kittens. She was probably getting ready to move the last one when you found it. Of course this is only speculation, but like ABH said it's best to let a vet check it out.
Zoneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:51 PM   #5
Chocolate Moose

Go to a vet. You will need to feed it formula from a bottle. It needs to be taught how to meow and purr and such. Does your mom have a resident cat?
Old 10-11-2017, 01:29 PM   #6
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

That is interesting that you aren't even sure if it's a cat!! ??Well, I'm sure it's in the cat family. Maybe a wild cat or a baby Bobcat or something. It would be bigger than a regular newborn kitten if it was though. You didn't say how big or what color it is?

But how sweet, I bet it's adorable, and so nice of you and Mom to be taking care of it. At this time I don't really have any advice, but good luck and God bless the little baby kitty.
Bonniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 03:14 PM   #7
Chocolate Moose

Follow KittenXLady on Instagram. She will help you.
Chocolate Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:20 AM   #8
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Moose
Go to a vet. You will need to feed it formula from a bottle. It needs to be taught how to meow and purr and such. Does your mom have a resident cat?
This afternoon Mom gave the baby kitten a bath and also we got a kitten feeding bottle today and Mom was able to feed the kitten a bottle but I think the bottle might be a little too hard for it to drink out of and we might have to make some adjustments to the bottle to make it easier for the kitten to use. But the kitten is doing really great
Bestie
Old 10-12-2017, 06:08 AM   #9
MikaelaArsenault
Miles Robbins
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestia
This afternoon Mom gave the baby kitten a bath and also we got a kitten feeding bottle today and Mom was able to feed the kitten a bottle but I think the bottle might be a little too hard for it to drink out of and we might have to make some adjustments to the bottle to make it easier for the kitten to use. But the kitten is doing really great
Bestie
Are you planning on keeping the kitten?

And will always like Harry Anderson too.

"Ciao, baby!" - John Larroquette as Dan Fielding

MeTV, UP TV, Laff, or Cozi TV, please add Dave's World or The John Larroquette Show to your lineups. Thank you.

PLEASE release a complete series boxset of The John Larroquette Show (and the final season of Dave's World). Thanks.

Goodnight, sweet prince. Harry Anderson 1952-2018

Errrrrrruuuuuuuuahhh?? - Tim Allen
MikaelaArsenault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 02:21 AM   #10
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaelaArsenault
Are you planning on keeping the kitten?
Mom and I plan to take care of the kitten but when it grows up a little we plan to put it outside. Mom and I did adjust the bottle so that the kitten can drink milk easily now
Bestie
Old 10-14-2017, 02:28 AM   #11
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

This morning my mom and I were shocked because the baby kitten passed away and my mom is still very sad but what's surprising to us is we don't know how in the world the baby kitten died because there was no injury and the kitten showed no signs of illness and it was doing really great and the only thing Mom thinks might've happened was the kitten probably was cold last night but we didn't see this happen until this morning and our cat is also really sad too because he and the kitten were just becoming best friends and so now we only have outdoor cats and our indoor cat now
Bestie
Old 10-14-2017, 06:34 AM   #12
MikaelaArsenault
Miles Robbins
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestia
This morning my mom and I were shocked because the baby kitten passed away and my mom is still very sad but what's surprising to us is we don't know how in the world the baby kitten died because there was no injury and the kitten showed no signs of illness and it was doing really great and the only thing Mom thinks might've happened was the kitten probably was cold last night but we didn't see this happen until this morning and our cat is also really sad too because he and the kitten were just becoming best friends and so now we only have outdoor cats and our indoor cat now
Bestie
Oh no! That's terrible to hear and I'm sorry that this happened to you.
MikaelaArsenault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:33 AM   #13
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

Mom and I were talking about cats and I didn't think that a kitten could die from being cold and I have never witnessed this in kittens before. A second theory Mom had thought was that the kitten had died from an overdose of kitten formula but we had followed the instructions very carefully on the formula bottle. Can newborn kittens die from overdoses of kitten formula?
Bestie