Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password


Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere


New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2017, 11:19 PM   #31
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 27,906
Default

Ummmmm!!! I am already thinking about Thanksgiving!!! All the yummy foods together! Like if you think about the foods one by one they weren't even listed as our favorites! ( Well I did list mashed potatoes) ! But together , they make a GREAT feast!!!! Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes/Yams , cranberry , pumpkin pie etc.!!!!

And Easter too!!!! We always have a delicious ham dinner! Sometimes with mashed potatoes, sometimes with potato salad (I listed potato salad too in my favorites ) , and veggies and dinner roles !!!! YUMMY!!!!!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:49 PM   #32
Wawwie
Senior Member
Member
 
Wawwie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 26, 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,351
Default

Favorite foods:

1. Fried chicken wings or drums with potato salad and biscuits.

2. Yankee pot roast with glazed carrots, mashed potatoes and gravy.

3. Linguine with fresh clam sauce and garlic bread.

4. baked macaroni and cheese with tossed salad.

5. T Bone steak with raw onions and baked potato.

6. Spaghetti with meatballs and Cesar salad.

7. Beef enchilada with rice and beans.

8. Scrambled eggs, hash browns, toast and melon.

9. Knish with mustard

10. Frankfurters with relish, mustard and coleslaw


Favorite beverages:

1. Diet cola
2. Ginger ale
3. root beer
4. cream soda
5. seltzer water
6. iced tea
7. vodka
8. rum
9. whiskey
10. beer


Least favorite foods:
1. Liverwurst
2. frozen pizza
3. Taco Bell
4. McDonald
5. Domino's
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:14 AM   #33
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 27,906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawwie
Favorite foods:

1. Fried chicken wings or drums with potato salad and biscuits.

2. Yankee pot roast with glazed carrots, mashed potatoes and gravy.

3. Linguine with fresh clam sauce and garlic bread.

4. baked macaroni and cheese with tossed salad.

5. T Bone steak with raw onions and baked potato.

6. Spaghetti with meatballs and Cesar salad.

7. Beef enchilada with rice and beans.

8. Scrambled eggs, hash browns, toast and melon.

9. Knish with mustard

10. Frankfurters with relish, mustard and coleslaw


Favorite beverages:

1. Diet cola
2. Ginger ale
3. root beer
4. cream soda
5. seltzer water
6. iced tea
7. vodka
8. rum
9. whiskey
10. beer


Least favorite foods:
1. Liverwurst
2. frozen pizza
3. Taco Bell
4. McDonald
5. Domino's


EWWWWW!!! I know!!! Liverwurst ! There is a reason the word "Wurst" is in the name of that food!

Sorry Torgo (and Vinnie Barbarino) !! My Brother liked liverwurst , so it was in my home growing up, but my Sister and I were like EWWWWW!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:19 AM   #34
Wawwie
Senior Member
Member
 
Wawwie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 26, 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
EWWWWW!!! I know!!! Liverwurst ! There is a reason the word "Wurst" is in the name of that food!

Sorry Torgo (and Vinnie Barbarino) !! My Brother liked liverwurst , so it was in my home growing up, but my Sister and I were like EWWWWW!!!
My mother loved liverwurst sandwiches with extra mayo. GROSS! The smell of that made me so ill!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:25 AM   #35
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 27,906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawwie
My mother loved liverwurst sandwiches with extra mayo. GROSS! The smell of that made me so ill!


My Grandmom and my Ex Mother in law both liked sardines!! That was another thing that was ewww!!! They were like growing up poor in the depression and you ate what there was and what you had to eat and weren't picky! That was their philosophy for liking yucky stuff I guess??
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:33 AM   #36
Wawwie
Senior Member
Member
 
Wawwie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 26, 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,351
Default

You wanna hear gross?
My ex husband and his dad loved to eat gefilte fish! Now that's nasty stuff. The smell makes you want to hurl!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:41 AM   #37
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 27,906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawwie
You wanna hear gross?
My ex husband and his dad loved to eat gefilte fish! Now that's nasty stuff. The smell makes you want to hurl!


Ethnic kosher food!!

Like Czernina, Polish for Duck blood soup !!! When my Grandmom tried to make us eat that we headed for the hills!!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:55 AM   #38
Wawwie
Senior Member
Member
 
Wawwie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 26, 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
Ethnic kosher food!!

Like Czernina, Polish for Duck blood soup !!! When my Grandmom tried to make us eat that we headed for the hills!!!!
Now that does sound nasty!

I do like some kosher foods like matzo ball soup, kishkas, kasha varnishes, kreplach, blintzes and potato latkes, but gefilte fish is NASTY imo!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:18 AM   #39
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 27,906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawwie
Now that does sound nasty!

I do like some kosher foods like matzo ball soup, kishkas, kasha varnishes, kreplach, blintzes and potato latkes, but gefilte fish is NASTY imo!


You know I want to try all those kosher foods because of my crush Michael Lembeck!!!! Esp. the kosher "Hot Dog" !!








  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:57 AM   #40
Wawwie
Senior Member
Member
 
Wawwie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 26, 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
You know I want to try all those kosher foods because of my crush Michael Lembeck!!!! Esp. the kosher "Hot Dog" !!

Kosher franks go great with kosher dill pickles!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:17 AM   #41
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo
 
Torgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 06, 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 12,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
EWWWWW!!! I know!!! Liverwurst ! There is a reason the word "Wurst" is in the name of that food!

Sorry Torgo (and Vinnie Barbarino) !! My Brother liked liverwurst , so it was in my home growing up, but my Sister and I were like EWWWWW!!!

Haha during this summer break my daughter has been making some of my lunches for me for work. But if I want a liverwurst sandwich she refuses, she won't touch it.
__________________
"I'm going to go do something productive. I'm gonna go watch television." - Ray Peterson, The 'burbs

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 02:20 PM   #42
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 27,906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawwie
Kosher franks go great with kosher dill pickles!


I LOVE Kosher dill pickles!! I feel like having lunch at an authentic NY Jewish deli right now!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 02:22 PM   #43
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 27,906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
Haha during this summer break my daughter has been making some of my lunches for me for work. But if I want a liverwurst sandwich she refuses, she won't touch it.


I know how she feels. With me it's regular liver. I can't cook it. I can't even look at it or touch it!!! If my Hubby wants liver, (which he rarely does, thank God ) he has to cook it himself , and I can't stand the smell though!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 04:13 PM   #44
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo
 
Torgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 06, 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 12,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
I know how she feels. With me it's regular liver. I can't cook it. I can't even look at it or touch it!!! If my Hubby wants liver, (which he rarely does, thank God ) he has to cook it himself , and I can't stand the smell though!

That's one thing I've never had to try, neither of my parents liked liver when we were growing up.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 04:39 PM   #45
Wawwie
Senior Member
Member
 
Wawwie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 26, 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
I LOVE Kosher dill pickles!! I feel like having lunch at an authentic NY Jewish deli right now!!!
MMMMM...... yes, "Katz's Delicatessen" in New York City is the best. Everything I had there was excellent!!!
Attached Images
 
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:42 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.