Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

To have your access for this board blocked, please PM TJ.

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Politics
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-01-2017, 08:27 PM   #16
JSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandito
That's what really frustrates me the most. People come on here and post, but know NOTHING about politics they don't bother to do any research just post what they hear from the fake media. Take the time and research the good Trump has done in the little time he's been President and cut the guy some slack.
I'm not pro-Trump. I'm saying people not knowing how what Obama did led to Trump and if corrective action isn't taken, will lead to Trump getting re-elected and more Trumps in the future. That requires addressing not just the economic frustrations of Rust Belt states, but the American economy in general.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:32 PM   #17
bandito
Going Topless

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP
I'm not pro-Trump. I'm saying people not knowing how what Obama did led to Trump and if corrective action isn't taken, will lead to Trump getting re-elected and more Trumps in the future. That requires addressing not just the economic frustrations of Rust Belt states, but the American economy in general.
Oh, I know you don't like Trump. This post wasn't directed at you. It was meant for the few who post insane things before doing any research to back it up.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:09 PM   #18
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity
Viking metal rules. \m/ \m/

Location: Celebrating the holiest holiday of the year, Monday, June 6, as we honor Slayer and all metal, with plenty of pizza, beer, and sacrificial goats. Life is good.

Quote:
That's what really frustrates me the most. People come on here and post, but know NOTHING about politics they don't bother to do any research just post what they hear from the fake media. Take the time and research the good Trump has done in the little time he's been President and cut the guy some slack.
This is why I stopped posting here for a while, because everyone got so opinionated to where I felt I was being "ganged up" on and "flamed" for supporting Trump. I have seen so much good he did within his FIRST WEEK in office and the economy and other things improved from there. He has had a very good rapport with world leaders and is very diplomatic.

The McMedia is falling over itself trying to make him out to be this really, really bad guy and they just come across as being silly.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:13 PM   #19
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Location: Celebrating the holiest holiday of the year, Monday, June 6, as we honor Slayer and all metal, with plenty of pizza, beer, and sacrificial goats. Life is good.
Default One-term presidents

Let's see if we can get a list of presidents who had not had the best reputations while having only one term in office:

George H.W. Bush

Gerald Ford

Herbert Hoover

I'm trying to come up with more....
Old 08-02-2017, 04:42 PM   #20
bandito
Going Topless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABlairican Pie
Let's see if we can get a list of presidents who had not had the best reputations while having only one term in office:

George H.W. Bush

Gerald Ford

Herbert Hoover

I'm trying to come up with more....
Don't forget Jimmy Carter...
Old 08-03-2017, 03:11 AM   #21
IllinoisTVFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland
I vote both Democrat AND Republican...but I went with Gary Johnson in 2016.

There are some good and bad in both parties...if I vote-in a Democrat as president, I'd vote-in a Republican or two in the House and Senate.

I vote the best, regardless of party. There were a few Illinois Republicans I absolutely loved and they got my vote. I like balance because extreme on either side is bad.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:17 AM   #22
IllinoisTVFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP

To be fair, the economy was a mess long before Obama. There are many factors but the two that bother me are related: outsourcing and visa workers. Both parties allowed jobs to go overseas and bring visa workers here. Both caused loss of jobs. Obama didn't do anything to help the problem. Bill Clinton signed NAFTA, which led to many job losses, along with the 1996 Telecommunications Act which caused millions of jobs in broadcasting.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:15 AM   #23
JSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisTVFan
To be fair, the economy was a mess long before Obama. There are many factors but the two that bother me are related: outsourcing and visa workers. Both parties allowed jobs to go overseas and bring visa workers here. Both caused loss of jobs. Obama didn't do anything to help the problem. Bill Clinton signed NAFTA, which led to many job losses, along with the 1996 Telecommunications Act which caused millions of jobs in broadcasting.
You get it. Bill Clinton got stuff accomplished only the Republicans dreamed about prior. America really needs a new FDR, but to the modern-day Democratic party, FDR was too left-wing for their liking.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:44 PM   #24
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisTVFan
I vote the best, regardless of party. There were a few Illinois Republicans I absolutely loved and they got my vote. I like balance because extreme on either side is bad.

I like balance as well...if it's TOO Democrat, we can't do certain things...if it's TOO Republican, we can't do certain things either! My opinion...sometimes the party seems to act less free with certain things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 08-03-2017, 04:20 PM   #25
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Lol

Quote:
Don't forget Jimmy Carter...
Yep, can't forget Mr. Peanut and his drunky brother who had a beer named after him!!

Not sure how I forgot that one!!! WAS he that forgettable? I don't think so, as he was at fault for the Tehran Hostage Crisis debacle, among other things.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:36 AM   #26
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABlairican Pie
Yep, can't forget Mr. Peanut and his drunky brother who had a beer named after him!!

Not sure how I forgot that one!!! WAS he that forgettable? I don't think so, as he was at fault for the Tehran Hostage Crisis debacle, among other things.

And Jimmy Carter had a lot of balls to say GWB was the worst foreign leading president! Not True...at least GWB had USA go into a Communist country for the Olympics when Carter couldn't get Soviet Russia to agree with you and the Afghanistan invasion...in which you (Carter) got an Arabian multi-millionaire to stop the Russians and pull a fast one 20+ years later!

Jimmy Carter is better with Habitat for Humanity than foreign relations.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:02 AM   #27
Fleet
Forum Veteran
Mansions, limousines & H-ween

Send a message via AIM to Fleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP
You get it. Bill Clinton got stuff accomplished only the Republicans dreamed about prior. America really needs a new FDR, but to the modern-day Democratic party, FDR was too left-wing for their liking.
Like what?
Old 08-04-2017, 01:03 AM   #28
JSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet
Like what?
Like gutting welfare and exploding the prison population. Signing NAFTA into law is another.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:17 PM   #29
EricIdlefan
Forum Celebrity
Ready for Halloween!

I vote based on morals and values, not really party. As me thinks our current President will be out of office and screams for 2020 in a Democrat to run.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:54 PM   #30
Fleet
Forum Veteran
Mansions, limousines & H-ween

Send a message via AIM to Fleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP
Like gutting welfare and exploding the prison population. Signing NAFTA into law is another.
Welfare reform was written by Republicans. Clinton refused to sign it into law at first. Then he finally did and took the credit!

NAFTA has been bad for the U.S., not good.